Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

If you recieved 1 million dollars what would you do with it?

Theoretically if you recieved 1 million dollars with no tax or anything on it, what would you do with it? I would personally pay off the rest of the my college tutition it would have over the next four years then spend the rest on a trip around the world. Visit places I would never be able to visit it again such as Fiji and places that may not have features that will exist in the future. For example, as I am avid snowboarder, I would like to snowboard on the biggest mountains including the Alps, the Andes, Mount Killamanjaro (yes there is snow), Queenland in Australia, and in New Zealand. Visit places of historical significance. Afterwards I'd put the rest in a bank for a rainy day .

Now what would you do?

401k / IRA. I want to retire young.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    401k / IRA. I want to retire young.
    You'd put your money towards a pension if you had a million? Explain to me how exactly how that logic works?

Give some to my mom and friends then give alot to animals in need.. Rest i would spend on having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You'd put your money towards a pension if you had a million? Explain to me how exactly how that logic works?
    Can't tell if serious, sorry.

But the sooner I get a higher principal the faster it grows and the sooner I can retire! I probably won't have social security. I'm on my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd spend $40,000 on fun things that I want to do right now, like travel. Or throw a bunch of bouncy balls off the Statue of Liberty.

Put the rest in an IRA.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    I would:
    - pay may bank loan: 35k
    - buy me a house: 120k
    - buy my sister a house: 120k
    - get a decent car: 30k
    - start a business so I can make a million more: 500k
    - rest of it would go to my folks to retire someplace warm, and whatever's left goes in the bank
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    The only problem with necrophilia is knowing when to either put them back in the freezer to keep them fresh or go dig up a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wait times for open tickets are currently measured in continental drift cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Start a company and invest in myself.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A fool and his money is soon parted. I'm with Rukentuts. I'd invest in my retirement fund for the most part.

Deleted
    Can't tell if serious, sorry.

But the sooner I get a higher principal the faster it grows and the sooner I can retire! I probably won't have social security. I'm on my own.
    No, I'm serious man. You'd rather spend a million after you've turned 60? You'd make sure you have "security" in your twilight years, rather than enjoy a million while you're still living your life? Well, I guess you have no Alzheimers in your family, or predisposition to heart disease. At least with that million you can hire someone to wipe your ass, I guess.

Me, I'll be dead in my 60s.

Deleted
    Just a decent house and car. Maybe start a new and move to canada or scandinavia, share some with family and just do things I like so the rest of my life and try use it wisely xD I would probs give some to charity some thing to do with mental health..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideon View Post
    I would:
    - pay may bank loan: 35k
    - buy me a house: 120k
    - buy my sister a house: 120k
    - get a decent car: 30k
    - start a business so I can make a million more: 500k
    - rest of it would go to my folks to retire someplace warm, and whatever's left goes in the bank
    so you start a business for 500k with only 200k left to sustain that home car and business? i really hope it goes well the first year unlike majority of businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    No, I'm serious man. You'd rather spend a million after you've turned 60? You'd make sure you have "security" in your twilight years, rather than enjoy a million while you're still living your life? Well, I guess you have no Alzheimers in your family, or predisposition to heart disease. At least with that million you can hire someone to wipe your ass, I guess.

Me, I'll be dead in my 60s.
    Nah, if I had a million headstart, I'd be able to retire very comfortably probably in my early 50s. Maybe even earlier than that.

Deleted
    Nah, if I had a million headstart, I'd be able to retire very comfortably probably in my early 50s.
    OK. So fuck your 30s and 40s then?

1. I would pay off my brother's house and my in-law's house.
    2. Set up college funds for both of my children.
    3. Do some minor renovations to the home.
    4. Have a sit down with my investment banker.

I could pay off my home, but I'm fairly confident that I can draw a much higher interest than the interest that I owe before even considering mortgage interest deductions, so there's really no point in hurrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    so you start a business for 500k with only 200k left to sustain that home car and business? i really hope it goes well the first year unlike majority of businesses.
    ITT: people expect you to come up with viable financial plans for a *fun* question.

For me: let it all ride on the black in Vegas

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd first check to make sure I'm not married to a Nigerian prince. those dam Nigerian princes handing there money over so freely.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I would be traveling for unknown time

invest the majority of it and try and turn it into millions

Deleted
    Well, I would pay off my student debts, buy me a house, invest in something that can grow and give a good throwback on the money, and probably propose to my girlfriend.