Main warlock's professions

I understand that this has been greatly discussed on the past but I have some thoughts concerning my warlock's professions.I currently have Blacksmithing and Enchanting.I didn't have any of those professions on this account so I thought I might as well utilise them.Blacksmithing I can understand that the bonuses are really good (gogo secondary stats extra gems!) but the +320 int from enchanting is meeeeeeh.Thinking of swapping it out (Enchanting of course) as soon as I level my enchanter alt but I can't make up my mind about which profession to pick.Engineer for the on use gloves and minor tinkers (that would be my third engineer if so) or Tailoring for the cloak proc?
    My reason for asking is that at this late throughout the patch is it ok to swap professions or is it just a waste of time/gold/resources?I had a warlock with both Engineering and tailoring earlier so I understand the huge gains on having those professions but thought of going a different path this time (hence the Blacksmithing).
    Any thoughts to share?Apologies if the topic is already discussed on a HUGE extent I am an active reader/member of the forum for quite some time now and an active raider since Cataclysm but I have doubts if it's worth to swap professions this late that is all.
    Thank you all for your time in advance.

If you are taking out playing the AH and talking strictly about DPS...tailoring+engineering is the way to go for Aff. Just because of the way snapshotting works. For destro its not as big of a deal, if you wanna keep BS, id say go for engi or tailoring (but its not like enchanting is that bad)...its really up to you to make the decision of a small increase in dps for the gold you must spend.
    Graviity

currently tailoring BS on my destro warlock, worked quite nicely.

also tailoring is quite is easy to lvl up, takes about a day, and all cloths have easy places to farm, embersilk got nerfed a bit too much sadly. but otherwise its really easy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering + Your choice of something other then mining.

Engineering, Tailoring and Herbalism (if Affli) are the best professions for Warlock.

If you're only going to take 1 I'd take engi over tailoring as its a controllable on use instead of a proc.

BUT if you feel like you won't remember to utilize an on use properly then you're better off just sticking with enchanting or something passive. There's almost no difference in dps between professions literally talking 1-2k max which is absolutely nothing on our 400k+ dmg. You could crit a couple times during a fight and see that much difference.

Not sure why you think 320 int is meeeeeh...

I wouldn't be able to live without enchanting/tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If you're only going to take 1 I'd take engi over tailoring as its a controllable on use instead of a proc.

BUT if you feel like you won't remember to utilize an on use properly then you're better off just sticking with enchanting or something passive. There's almost no difference in dps between professions literally talking 1-2k max which is absolutely nothing on our 400k+ dmg. You could crit a couple times during a fight and see that much difference.

Not sure why you think 320 int is meeeeeh...
    Oh no no no.I don't have any problem with Synapse springs.I mean I have two more engineers and always try to time it properly with other procs cds etc.320 int I believe is kinda meeeeh because on high ilvl secondary stats tend to give out more bonuses than primary ones that's all.

Deleted
    hm.. i would definetaly go with enchanting tailoring ultimate combo

At a 2 to 1 ratio, you'd need to be getting 520~ish+ secondaries just to break even on 320 ints dmg increase. For instance if you weigh using 2 fractured gems vs 2 brilliant you're only really seeing an increase in dmg for 120 of the secondaries since 320 int is = to 520 mastery. Assuming scaling is something like 4.5 (bout the average number these days) for mastery you're seeing a 540 dps increase from using say blacksmithing and socketing 2 fractured gems over just having enchanting or leatherworking or something that gives 320 passive main stat.

540dps is a .135% dmg increase on 400k dps... or in other words completely intangible.

Also I'd recommend waiting on swapping until we see what they might do with professions in WoD as I'm already hearing about X and Y changes. The change to snapshots alone greatly diminishes the value of tailoring / engi / herbalism and it's already a tiny tiny difference in dps as is which imo would make it not even worth the effort to have procs when you could just have passive stats. Food for thought.

Yeah that I understand.This is why my serious consideration of swapping the profession or not.Because snapshotting removed,secondary stats...basically removed or made completely pointless (GOGO World of Diablocraft) then some professions will completely lose their raiding value overall.

I'm sure you will still want to stack cooldowns in WoD, so none of today's professions will "completely lose their raiding value".

The utility of having rocket boots on its own makes engineering the go-to profession in my opinion. Being the best in terms of DPS output is just a big bonus.

They're supposedly removing things like nitro boosts in wod (hearsay at this point as I personally haven't seen where this was said) and they've already flat out said they plan to remove our whole having EVERYTHING proc off the pull every pull because they don't like it.

@bonk: personally don't think any of the professions will be worthless, they're just looking to lose a lot of what makes them have that tiny tiny dps increase. The on use ones will still have their obvious value but the overall dps increases will probably be nearly / completely gone to the point where it may not be worth having an extra button on your bar or an extra thing to manage vs passive stats.

My big curiosity atm is what they're gonna do with blacksmithing considering gems are gonna see a huge value bump in WoD. If nothing changes BS will pretty much be "mandatory" from the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozas258 View Post
    hm.. i would definetaly go with enchanting tailoring ultimate combo
    That's what I do on my lock (enchanting/tailoring) and very happy with it. No need to worry about triggering professions bonuses...enchant them up and that delicious clock proc takes care of itself.