AMD Drivers repeated crashing/recovering.

So, just purchased a 270X for a relative, installed the card, bla bla.

Uninstall old Nvidia drivers-->Clean in Safe mode etc etc.

Install new-->Restart-->Problem starts, 5-10 times recovered/crashed and BSOD cause it couldnt recover.

Format to clean everything.

Completely fresh PC-->Install 13.12 drivers-->Problem appears, PC cant stay open for 30 seconds after it shows the desktop.

Install 14.1 beta-->Same thing exactly.

If someone has a clue, let me know..Card is going back to the shop either way, buying AMD/ATI first time after 10 years proves that nothing has changed on the drivers department.

Rest of the PC doesnt matter, barely 1 years old, was working fine, works fine without drivers, crashes repeatedly with drivers.
    Last edited by potis; 2014-02-21 at 07:04 PM.

You see the "beta" part of that driver? Yeah, "beta" tends to mean expect bugs and incompatibility issues. Use a more stable version instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that card receiving enough power?
    "Rest of the PC" DOES matter, A LOT.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
    You see the "beta" part of that driver? Yeah, "beta" tends to mean expect bugs and incompatibility issues. Use a more stable version instead.
    Your lack of reading skills has me breathless.

Cycops its a Corsair CX600.

The PC worked fine, works fine, it can work flawlessly with a GTX 580 running Tera at Ultra which is a much mode demanding card considering its older tech/power consumption.

I am asking about software issues and if anyone has experienced it before, i never buy AMD products since i simply dont trust them, and this is one of the reasons, someone more experience with AMD products can tell me if they know whats causing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Your lack of reading skills has me breathless.

Cycops its a Corsair CX600.

The PC worked fine, works fine, it can work flawlessly with a GTX 580 running Tera at Ultra which is a much mode demanding card considering its older tech/power consumption.

I am asking about software issues and if anyone has experienced it before, i never buy AMD products since i simply dont trust them, and this is one of the reasons, someone more experience with AMD products can tell me if they know whats causing it.
    I had similar problem, but that was WinXP fault, when I upgraded to Vista it was fixed, so many years ago.
    I could only suggest going back for older drivers?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Trying a fresh install using this:

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

The reinstall 14.1

Edit: Well if you installed on a formatted drive, new OS then it has to be something hardware related? Try above though.

I don't see how mentioning Nvidia as the "better drivers bla. bla." is going to resolve your issue.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-02-21 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Trying a fresh install using this:

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

The reinstall 14.1

Edit: Well if you installed on a formatted drive, new OS then it has to be something hardware related? Try above though.

I don't see how mentioning Nvidia as the "better drivers bla. bla." is going to resolve your issue.
    It doesnt help, was along with the frustration.

I tried 4 different drivers, all the same issue, only thing that changes is the speed of the "recovery" the 13.9/14.1 is just a flash and recovered/frozen again instantly, the older ones take awhile ;D

I am taking it back anyway and paying a few more for a 760.

Just cant figure out why the drivers would crash so bad.

If it was a HW related issue it would have other signs, but hours without drivers there was no issue with the PC running.

Looking around some people mention some 270X have a BIOS problem, maybe its one of those batches, who knows.
    Last edited by potis; 2014-02-21 at 09:48 PM.

Deleted
    Try above just to humor us?

Though I suspect it's a faulty card which could just as well happen with an Nvidia card.