Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be suprised at how many people dislike vaping. Those people are the kind of people who think that you can get "second hand vape".
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Tautau View Post
    I was stuck in a van with a fedora-wearing vape user while I was heading to LAX after BlizzCon and I asked him what it was. It didn't smell at all, which surprised me. As a smoker, I'm considering getting a vape, but I don't want to look like all the other fedora-tipping, shitty leather jacket-wearing, unkempt beard-having weirdbags.

But at the cost of looking like a total loser, I'd totally vape in order to save my life.
    I can attest that I have none of those traits and ecigs awesome :P

I'm so non-fedora, I don't even use "vaping" as a term. I think it sounds silly. But w/e.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Most stores are absolute ripoffs, since they're usually just reselling what others retail online, often at stupid markups.

Buying online is usually cheaper even with shipping and you're more likely to get brand quality. I gave up on my local shops because of cost and poor quality, their juices sucked too.

www.canadaejuice.com for Canadians btw these guys are fucking awesome.
    Oh I still have the juice, and admittedly, it was the best taste I've had like ever. I've done some expensive cigars and some homemade tobacco blends and it was very close to that taste.
    This one here (12mg nicotine).

My main issue with vaping was that because it was so easy to smoke (compared to rolling a cig, lighting it up etc etc) I ended up smoking like 24/7. Also, the fact that the batteries died so quickly :P
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-02-21 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    You'd be suprised at how many people dislike vaping. Those people are the kind of people who think that you can get "second hand vape".
    Yeah those people are retarded.

The juice is made from the same shit they use in Asthma rescue inhalers, basically Propylene Glycol, or a Vegetable Glycerine, or as I prefer a mix of both.

Air filter tests...

from normal tobacco smoke in a room after 19 cigarettes:

from an room full of ecig's (1.5mL) basically a full tank

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tautau View Post
    I was stuck in a van with a fedora-wearing vape user while I was heading to LAX after BlizzCon and I asked him what it was. It didn't smell at all, which surprised me. As a smoker, I'm considering getting a vape, but I don't want to look like all the other fedora-tipping, shitty leather jacket-wearing, unkempt beard-having weirdbags.

But at the cost of looking like a total loser, I'd totally vape in order to save my life.
    Is that a serious post or?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't generally have an issue with people vaping, but I think it shouldn't be allowed inside buildings/restaurants/etc., much the same way smoking isn't. A lot of places near where I live are making people go outside anyways because frankly its as annoying as smoking (in some cases its even worse). When you have multiple people causing giant different smelling clouds of vapor at the same time it makes the room hard to breathe in and it still smells bad. Not all vapes as far as I've seen are mini-hookahs like that but those seem to be the most popular kind around where I live.

i tried an electric cig for a few days it sort of works, but it doesn't give you the oxygen deprivation, there is just something missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Oh I still have the juice, and admittedly, it was the best taste I've had like ever. I've done some expensive cigars and some homemade tobacco blends and it was very close to that taste.
    This one here (12mg nicotine).

My main issue with vaping was that because it was so easy to smoke (compared to rolling a cig, lighting it up etc etc) I ended up smoking like 24/7. Also, the fact that the batteries died so quickly :P
    Chain vaping subsides after you fully quit smoking(no more urges). Even then a lot of vapers chain vape. I do all the time. That's when you just lower your nic level and go from there. There are larger battery devices out there that can be purchased or just have backups for your backups. Battery length is determined by MAH.k (milliamp/hour)

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt I could be given a real reason to be against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    i tried an electric cig for a few days it sort of works, but it doesn't give you the oxygen deprivation, there is just something missing.
    I had the same issue when I started, but changed the juice to a more nicotine-heavy one and it was there :P

Deleted
    Pretty much no side affects to smoking an e-cig. You just get a nicotine fix. No second hand smoke off them as well as it is just water vaper so good to smoke indoors

Chain vaping subsides after you fully quit smoking(no more urges). Even then a lot of vapers chain vape. I do all the time. That's when you just lower your nic level and go from there. There are larger battery devices out there that can be purchased or just have backups for your backups. Battery length is determined by MAH.k (milliamp/hour)
    I had 2 batteries so it really wasn't an issue :P That said, I don't see me ever using lower nicotine content as it really felt like inhaling air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Hey guys!

Do you all support electronic cigarettes or 'vaping'?

Personally, I have been vaping for about 3 years now and it has saved my life. I know people are scared of the unknown but I want to hear your opinions!

Think nicotine is bad? TLR nothing 100% proven, however it's on the same level as caffeine in terms of how bad it is.
    http://www.tobaccoharmreduction.org/faq/nicotine.htm
    Yes I do support it. It allows you to get what you want out of it without being hugely destructive to your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Permatree View Post
    I don't generally have an issue with people vaping, but I think it shouldn't be allowed inside buildings/restaurants/etc., much the same way smoking isn't. A lot of places near where I live are making people go outside anyways because frankly its as annoying as smoking (in some cases its even worse). When you have multiple people causing giant different smelling clouds of vapor at the same time it makes the room hard to breathe in and it still smells bad. Not all vapes as far as I've seen are mini-hookahs like that but those seem to be the most popular kind around where I live.
    I wouldn't be one to do it or suggest just firing up your ecig at a restaurant, because not only is it kind of strange, it's a distraction and it would just invite a dozen or more people to get all snotty about it. I just do it at home, in the car or in my office with the door shut.

Basically the same smoking rules I had for myself, only I can now do it indoors.

Besides, I'm paying for it, I'm not gonna give away second hand vapor for free!

Deleted
    I nothing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shortness of breathe will be caused by a few different things. Essentially being in a room full of vapors is like being in a sauna. It's hard to breathe because your lungs are getting adjusted to the density of the air. It's water vapor.

The smells I can understand. Sometimes people vape some odd flavors (dill pickle?) and it smells a bit odd. Most of time people say they can't breathe in a room with a vaper they are just being dramatic. If you can walk into a room with a fog machine or a sauna then you are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Isn't this one of the advantages of the e-Cig? Oxygen deprivation just kills brain cells...

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    I had 2 batteries so it really wasn't an issue :P That said, I don't see me ever using lower nicotine content as it really felt like inhaling air.
    I use an 18mg and I find I use it a lot less frequently. Chances are your eGo batteries were some knockoff variety, there's lots out there and some are just trash. I have Kanger EVOD's and they'll last me through most of a day and a half without needing charging, the tanks are great, mostly leak free usually just condensation from inside the drip tip when you turn it over to refill it. Plus it has replaceable tank atomizer heads, it's about $8 for a pack of 5. Which will last anywhere from 3-4 months depending on usage. I've used it with both 1.8 and 2.2 ohm heads and it works fine with both.

Kit was like $60 with shipping.
    http://www.kangeronline.com/collecti...ch-starter-kit EU version

- - - Updated - - -

I found for a while, I'd do it like I was taking a hit from a joint or something :P Hold it for a second before exhaling. I wasn't really doing it on purpose, but you definitely felt more from the nicotine.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not worried about my health around them or anything, and I don't mind being around a handful or so of people smoking them in a well ventilated area. When they first got popular though, bars here were FULL of people smoking them, and it just made the air really thick and unpleasant. Since most bars have started frowning upon them its not as big a deal anymore. Most of the people I see using them are just students walking around campus or people outside the bar, and that shouldn't be an issue for anyone.

I'm not worried about my health around them or anything, and I don't mind being around a handful or so of people smoking them in a well ventilated area. When they first got popular though, bars here were FULL of people smoking them, and it just made the air really thick and unpleasant. Since most bars have started frowning upon them its not as big a deal anymore. Most of the people I see using them are just students walking around campus or people outside the bar, and that shouldn't be an issue for anyone.
    There would have to be some significant quantities of vaping going on for the air to feel "thick." My ultrasonic humidifier has a higher output than probably 500 ecigs combined (probably more...ecigs are puffing away in volumes that can be measured in microliters, my humidifier is in Quarts/Hour....), running constantly, and it's pretty comfy even in a room as big as my bedroom.

I'm thinking some of this was in your head dude
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-02-21 at 09:43 PM.