WoD pics from frontpage

I noticed on the screenshots that just came up that.. the Dk.. he's blood specced. got Outbreak on cd. and only Blood Plague on the target..

Seeing another debuff (smaller ) which is smaller so coming from someone else. that looks like howling blast icon..

This got me thinking, Are we actually gonna get debuffs depending on what specc we are? aka frost feaver for frost, Blood Plague for Blood, and maybe something new for UH? or am i just overthinking the screen shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

that was just another case of someone with no knowledge of the game getting to test it out. a lot of stuff wasn't keybound.

i wouldnt be surprised.

Warriors for example had disarm removed (or prot only, unknown right now)
    Hamstring baked into Mortal strike and other stuff like

Thunderclap removed from fury (never used as fury)

Talent tree is based on what spec you're in, so for example a prot warrior sees X while arms and fury see Y on the same button.

With the above in mind you can add 2 and 2 together and safely say that frost fever has been removed from blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    that was just another case of someone with no knowledge of the game getting to test it out. a lot of stuff wasn't keybound.
    well. outbreak applies both. but only Blood Plague on the target.

Another thing to note is horn of winter lasts 60 minutes in those screenshots and i doubt he took the time to glyph himself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post

maybe he used it on a different target?

hmmm didn't watch the whole thing because it was painful to see idiots play...if he did use outbreak, maybe it was given the pestilence effect and pestilence was removed. it would make sense in their efforts to remove some ability bloat.

No icy touch on his bars, take from that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Another thing to note is horn of winter lasts 60 minutes in those screenshots and i doubt he took the time to glyph himself
    also no CD, same goes with PL. either things are way more buggy than it usually is when they are showing stuff like this for the first time or they are planning to do a rather huge overhaul of DKs.

maybe he used it on a different target?
    that could be true aswell. for some reason i cant watch full video. its really choppy for some reason

also no CD, same goes with PL. either things are way more buggy than it usually is when they are showing stuff like this for the first time or they are planning to do a rather huge overhaul of DKs.
    I wouldn't call it an overhaul more just trimming the fat. Did blood really need frost fever? did arms really need cleave? Both seem to be gone for those respective specs.

It's early beta stuff. Hell, the screenshots show that Orc DK with Breath of Sindragosa on his bars, and he's only level 90.

Good, hopefully icy touch and frost fever are removed entirely and blood plague deals shadowfrost damage. Diseases no longer interact with weapon strikes and just deal damage, so why have two? Either differentiate them or remove one.

I'd like to see Plague Strike removed too, replaced with Outbreak costing 1U1F for Blood and Frost and 1B1F for unholy.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-02-22 at 12:13 AM.

It looks like Rune Tap has changed also, applied a small heal when used, and heals on the next damage you take.

Deleted
    It is either buggy, or they forgot to change PL. In the video you can see him trying to use PL and the error message "Requires both Blood Plague and Frost Fever on the Target" appearing.

the plague leach tool tip still said "removes FF and BP" and iirc he wasn't able to use it
    but that just might be an issue with some talents not being updated to the new reality

I'm guessing the blue howling blast thingy on mobs is just some trinket proc

if you look a the warrior thing it's also 60 mins no cd and no rage, again iirc
    I guess they are moving horn and battleshout to be the AP version of might, kings, brilliance etc

which kinda sucks because pressing horn for those 10 RP was nice when there is nothing else to press

and I really doubt we will get any more attention that other classes
    Last edited by Enosh; 2014-02-22 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    which kinda sucks because pressing horn for those 10 RP was nice when there is nothing else to press
    I disagree. It's a button that has no effect other than generating a tiny bit of resources. That's poor gameplay, the very definition of primary rotational button bloat. That GCD would be better left open. Or alternatively, greatly increase the amount of resources generated and the cooldown. But we already have ERW for that, so it would still be bloating.

Ok watching though the video, this thread is full of assumptions based on watching someone with no idea of how to play dk, play dk.

Firstly, he never used Outbreak once.
    Secondly he only spammed Plague Strike and taunt and whatever order of things which were on his bars.
    So he often had two Blood plague debuffs up from DRW copying the plague strike.
    The small howling blast icon looked like it appeared whenever thrall cast something, so it's completely unrelated.

Overall, I doubt Frost Fever is removed, or we will be going to a 1 dot setup like much of this forum seems to want for some reason.
    I don't understand why people seem to want Frost Fever/Blood Plague removed for particular specs. :S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    It looks like Rune Tap has changed also, applied a small heal when used, and heals on the next damage you take.
    Ooo good find! It has changed, just managed to cap a screenie of the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    I wouldn't call it an overhaul more just trimming the fat. Did blood really need frost fever? did arms really need cleave? Both seem to be gone for those respective specs.
    Actually, if you use cleave with sweeping strikes up, you'll hit both your targets twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Actually, if you use cleave with sweeping strikes up, you'll hit both your targets twice.
    Yes but with the introduction of slam and its cleave mechanic most warriors don't even have cleave bound as arms. As fury i verryy rarely press it too.

Any off topic