Deleted

Ele Shaman - Advice on Reforges

Hi guys, we have 2 Shamans in guild, both with identical ilvl, spec etc and the same trinkets, however one pulls +50k DPS on the other. Reforges are a bit different, but I would be eternally greatful if you could suggest what to change on this character.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laeno/advanced

As you can see they have reforged entirely into the mastery is king mode, and I assume there is a limit until mastery is no longer preferred?

Many thanks everyone, any help is mighty appreciated.

ilvl is high but itemization is poor. Too much spirit/crit gear, she can reforge spirit on helm into haste/mastery. No 4p and flex weapon.

The itemization in the entire first half of SoO is garbage for Elemental with all the spirit/hit/crit gear, but 21% hit is still far too much. The armory's listing her as being in Resto, so hopefully she isn't using the same gear for Elemental. But assuming she is (since she's wearing Ele t16), she reforged out of crit instead of spirit on her helm and has a spirit/mastery gem in both her shoulders and belt. Crit isn't awesome, but the spirit is literally useless and adding more to her already spirit-infested gear is just making the problem worse. My guess is that she got a few gear upgrades with spirit on them and didn't bother reforging/regemming. A 50K dps difference seems pretty reasonable if the other shaman is paying more attention to his/her stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    His Haste is super, super low ... he has like 23% - he should aim to have at least ~30% by adding some 320 haste gems in the yellow sockets.

As the other people allready said, he has also a lot of gear with spirit/crit which is bad - also his weapon is only from flex.

His telluric currents glyph is totally useless as elemental .. he should add the glyph for sprititwalkers grace / lightning shield instead.

Mastery isn `t the godmode - haste sims better on single target and mastery in aoe heavy fights ... but it `s really not that much.

edited
    Last edited by sunxsera; 2014-02-22 at 02:27 AM.

Who's the other ele shaman? would be nice to take a look and compare them.

But like others were saying, need to get tier helm and shoulders asap, and petrified pennyroyal ring is bleh. BiS is thok ring, and 2nd is either from IJ or Immerseus, IJ would probably be slightly ahead because of the better socket color and bonus. Haste is extremely low, and I wouldn't recommend using unleashed fury yet. Frozen power is a horrible talent for ele, and AG is way better than rushing streams. Have him do some reforge plots on simcraft if you're into that sort of thing. I pretty much just go full mastery, but I also have the luxury of getting the well itemized pieces

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emnei/advanced (Other Shaman)

I can see they have spot on hit, I guess unlucky with gear isn't a glorious thing!

Well there it is... outside of doing a rotation properly. Tremnei has 5 piece + 567 weapon, and Kelaeno has 3 piece, and crit/spirit off pieces/rings and a 548 weapon. Weapons are still important for caster classes, I went from a normal dark shamans 1h mastery mace to HWF, and my dps did a noticeable jump.

How does Tremnei have heroic siegecrafter boots? GDKP run? had like 8 kills before a pair dropped for me + coining gold for 2 months
    Last edited by Rabb; 2014-02-22 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Pug run, just a roll win I believe, lucky bugger

Thanks for the help all, I will pass advice along <3

Quote Originally Posted by Rabb View Post

How does Tremnei have heroic siegecrafter boots? GDKP run? had like 8 kills before a pair dropped for me + coining gold for 2 months
    Im wondering how he has siegecrafter boots and only done Immersius HC according to the armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    Im wondering how he has siegecrafter boots and only done Immersius HC according to the armory
    armory has been a bitch lately. i have a char that has not updated in 1 week. regardless what happens on it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    The other option: BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Devos Songare View Post
    The other option: BMAH.
    ah yes ofc. Forgot about that place

Deleted
    Tremnei here and BMAH it was =) and yeah agreed i have been really lucky with getting none-spirit gear and that helps a lot.

Good call about the over stacking of mastery since there really is no trouble what so ever with fights that have cleave now, reforged to haste>mastery now and will check the results=).

Quote Originally Posted by Tombking View Post
    Tremnei here and BMAH it was =) and yeah agreed i have been really lucky with getting none-spirit gear and that helps a lot.

Good call about the over stacking of mastery since there really is no trouble what so ever with fights that have cleave now, reforged to haste>mastery now and will check the results=).
    Radical shifts in the opposite direction are typically not the answer. The general rule of thumb is that Haste and Mastery are close in terms of single target with Haste pulling ahead while Mastery provides more flexibility in terms of dealing with various mechanics. The only true single target fight in this whole tier is Iron Juggernaut, all other Heroic fights either have some form of cleave or target swap (however slight that may be on something like Malkorok).

A balanced approach to Haste and Mastery will allow for near optimal ST while still providing enough burst and cleave damage to deal with various mechanics; however, without a simulation (I'm not at home right now, otherwise I'd offer), it's very difficult to determine where you're ideal haste/mastery point is. There are no true "breakpoints" for Elemental Shaman, so I can't definitively tell you a spot to shoot for. Either way, your gems and reforging are not significantly out of line (no more than 500 points or so, I'd suspect). For the time being, you should stick with your current set-up .

A far bigger concern is that you are currently using PE. I'm not sure if that was chosen for a specific fight, but typically you should only use that for fights with long, sustained cleave damage or specific moments of intensive burst. Spoils (constant cleave + big adds) and Klaxxi (high priority targets and Prime's Amber) are the only really conducive fights to it. If you're only looking at number fluffing (to borrow our DK Tank's phrasing), then Shaman and Galakras.

TL;DR: Use Simcraft to figure out how much you should reforge, if you're too lazy to do that, stick with what you have.
    Last edited by jimmyolsen; 2014-02-24 at 09:33 PM.