Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    I love how most people that say they would have kicked you actually "would OF" kicked you. Says a lot about them.

    Anyway, you were mostly right, they were dumbasses. PvP gear is slightly suboptimal, but if you truly were outperforming other people, they were frustrated, ignorant and just looking for a scapegoat.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    What the hell is this nonsense..

    Just no.
    PvErs still seem to have a hard time accepting that pvprs are better than them at the game. I never understood why people can't just accept it and move on; as I always say, put a top tier pvp player in a top tier pve players position and he'll perform just as well, switch them around and the PvEr gets horribly mangled. It's not just that they are different skillsets, pvp is fundamentally HARDER to play than pve, ALWAYS was.

  3. #43
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    What I've read in this thread suggests to me that if you want to be treated reasonably, don't pug CMs.

    Run them with actual reliable game friends.

    If you don't have 4 game friends who want to run CMs, then, I dunno, don't run CMs. Or go farm some PvE gear.

    Or change games.

    Sorry, the "elite" ranks of this game are full of impatient, shitty asshats, and you have to work around them.

  4. #44
    Warchief NuLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Flatopia, Tsundereland
    Posts
    2,049
    It's really annoying getting into fail groups. Don't use pvp gear if your going to pug a group. If you do it with friends that's your problem.

  5. #45
    The last character I did it on (my 6th 9/9) I took his crafted PVP set and regemmed it for PVE. I also replaced the trinkets with justice ones + upgrades and farmed some justice items for any other slots that were pretty poor. This was more than enough gear to complete it and although I was sometimes behind the other guy in full normal SoO gear the difference wasn't substantial.

    The main thing that will determine your success isn't the +60 socket bonus or whichever you're missing, but rather you and your groups individual skill level with your rotation etc.

  6. #46
    As proven by the high amount of ignorants in this thread people still have some funny belief that PvP is worse than PvE gear for scaled content (like CMs or PGs). Seems like they don't understand that the only reason behind PvP and PVE gear is socket bonuses (and that's not always the case, most PvP doesn't have pvp power or resi as bonus). I actually got my CM gold in pvp gear, and on my monk tank i got 40+ waves in PGs wearing like 5 pieces of pvp gear because they were better itemised than my pve gear (after scaling ofc). I never got kicked myslef because of pvp gear in CMs but even if i did I wouldn't really mind, because staying in a group of ignorant people is a waste of time in the first place anyway.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by MdAlmighty View Post
    After quite many tries they got frustrated and just needed to kick someone and ofc I was chosen, even though I was not lowest on dmg.
    In other words you were second on damage? And I would say closer to the guy on the last position then to the first dpser?

    Quote Originally Posted by MdAlmighty View Post
    I enjoy both pve and pvp, but why do always pve'ers hate pvp'ers and refuse to understand anything about it?
    Because its easy to generalize(see what I did there?)

    Realistically, your gear was more then fine to get CM gold, but you were doing it with a complete pug so their requirements might be a bit more strict then anticipated

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    What is the difference between these two items?

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94967

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=100427
    Except if you're gearing for Cmodes, you wouldn't use http://www.wowhead.com/item=94967 You would instead use http://www.wowhead.com/item=94269 because of the extra socket. Much like how you would use http://www.wowhead.com/item=94986 over http://www.wowhead.com/item=100324. Because of the extra socket, and the better socket bonus.

    Find me a set of PvP gear that matches PvE gear for the number of Sockets and quality socket bonuses, or step down and accept that using PvP gear is sub-optimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

  9. #49
    PvP gear is the same as PvE gear in this expansion. Except for weapons and trinkets.
    Regular armor pieces have same stat budget for PVE stats and added PvP power on top of them.

    With new season gear being 550 ilvl I can see dramatic increase of usage in PVE. Because why bother with flex that barely gives any loot, takes a lot of time and rejects you if you have less ilvl than the freaking drops. Just cap 2's in 15 minutes and get the piece you want. Better ilvl and NO RNG.

  10. #50
    I would kick someone with full pvp gear, If you havnt proven any pve experience thats all I can go off of. I dont know you, I dont know if you used to be a world first raider back in the day. Right now what I wouldve seen is you are just some guy with full pvp gear who hasnt put any effort into pve at all, If you have the skill to do a gold cm, I dont see why you wouldnt have the gear to run flex besides a lack of dedication.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    PvErs still seem to have a hard time accepting that pvprs are better than them at the game.
    Or its just that some people (in this case you) are simply delusional.

    You should be more than fine in CM's with LFR-gear, anything with a lot of sockets is to prefer really.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  12. #52
    Mechagnome Findus707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    728
    Kicked you in an instant, not even a second thought, as this is how you think it is.

  13. #53
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,936
    If it would be so easy to understand, we wouldn't have 60 contradicting posts.

    I also wonder why people have a bad experience in a group and then take it out on the forums. Wouldn't you want to discuss it with THAT group? THOSE people? We are not representatives of their attitude. In fact, some pve players here agree with you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  14. #54
    I used PvP gear the other day for realm fastest in Scholomance.

  15. #55
    Funny how OP says his side of the story and then people back him up. For all we know he could've been wiping the group over and over.

    Now from another perspective, with the way this game has shifted, it's all about a mass pool of players together. You find thousands of people on OQ or Open raid. There's less and less interaction, even the slightest trigger can get you laid off.
    Simply, if you're going to pug, make sure you present yourself in the best possible way. A FULL PvP geared player in CM is a major sign of scrubbyness, even if it can be done.

  16. #56
    The problem is not gear - although optimised PVE gear makes it easier - the problem is not performing.
    If you would top the other two dps, they wouldn't care about your gear.

  17. #57
    Jeez, do people have really such low skill now they are relying on outgearing content that is supposed to be not outgearable? CMs are balanced around 463 gear with no sockets aka heroic dungeon blues. A PvP gear have sockets so they technically are overgearing it already. They were easily doable at launch (which what I did on main) and became near faceroll with class buffs now (just run them again on other char, so much time to spare). Hell, they've all been golded with 3 man parties.

    If you are 460+ with full enchants, proper trinkets, know your class well and do your assigned duty/required dps, that's enough. People are wanting to be carried by gear everywhere now. 90% of CMs are about tank-healer cooldown usage, rest rely on if your dps can do ~60k each overall.

    I can only hope in WoD Blizz will fix sockets not being scaled correctly, overgearing CM defeats entire purpose of them.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Jeez, do people have really such low skill now they are relying on outgearing content that is supposed to be not outgearable?
    Yes and that is the problem with the majority of PuGs.
    know your class well and do your assigned duty/required dps, that's enough.
    Of course it would be enough, but many (PuG) players don't know their class well enough.

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral WarpKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    PvErs still seem to have a hard time accepting that pvprs are better than them at the game. I never understood why people can't just accept it and move on; as I always say, put a top tier pvp player in a top tier pve players position and he'll perform just as well, switch them around and the PvEr gets horribly mangled. It's not just that they are different skillsets, pvp is fundamentally HARDER to play than pve, ALWAYS was.
    Proof or ... , how many hardcore pvpers have heroic end boss kills, how many hardcore pvers have 2200 arena ratings?

    At any rate, would a pvp team accept someone with full pve gear onto their team and not a single piece of pvp, even if it was good gear? yeah gotta wonder if they'd think their experience was sorta invalid or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tumblrists gonna Tumble.
    Someone got there [sic] shit seriously triggered.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    There's a reason that, for CMs, the best gear is anything with a buttload of primary stat sockets, because they don't get scaled down. PvP gear is passable in CMs, just like poorly itemized PvE gear is passable. But if you didn't make the effort to get optimal gear for some of the hardest content in game (my guild largely agrees that Gold CMs are harder than anything else in PvE, barring Heroic Raiding), that may be an issue for a lot of groups- and PvP gear is not optimal.
    lol CMs are easy

    I can't even get gold as a tank in PG and I got Gold in CMs easily. A lot of you would probably get upset if a Prot Warrior was in DPS gear too, even though when Marza made his Challenge Mode Guides he explicitly stated that tanks should be using DPS potions and flasks and all tanks aiming for good times were using DPS gear like Monks and Druids do anyway.

    Me being in DPS gear was not a problem for any of the groups that I tanked for and actually was a lot of help. So many players make mountains out of molehills when it comes to CMs. They are easy. We can't have melee! We need lust! We HAVE to have a Death Knight tank and Resto Druid healer!

    But the truth is that anyone who is competent enough to farm normal SoO every week can easily get Challenge Conqueror: Gold.

    ...if I was making a list of equipment for challenge modes that was good for a class, some pieces of PvP gear would definitely be in there. Maybe not the best, but u don't need a set of bis gear to do CMs

    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    I would have kicked you too.
    It's kind of hard to rub something in someone's face when they are relieved by everything you say when you try to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    I understand your argument and you are correct; however, for a seasoned PvE player trying to PUG a player for challenge-modes, PvP gear is a huge yellow flag.
    If their trinkets were terrible, sure. All you need for CMs are good trinkets and a good head on your shoulders.

    Funny how OP says his side of the story and then people back him up. For all we know he could've been wiping the group over and over.
    Because the topic is about getting kicked from a group for using PvP gear. People have made it about PvP gear not being good enough for Challenge Modes. The real reason why they were removed from the group is irrelevant even though it may very well be possible that PvP gear was one reason on top of many other reasons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •