10+ Year Old Account

Survivors Bag of Coins Story

Just wanted to share how amazing we are.

So I was doing Tillers dailies in VotFW, just messing around and pickpocketing mobs. I don't pickpocket often, or ever, and I didn't realize I had the bag on me until I look up and see 50 coins, ready to guide me to bouncy glory.

So I go back to Halfhill, bounce around a bit, marvel at the utter uselessness yet incredible fun of this rogue-only item. And then I see some flashes, right by the river.

A shaman and paladin, Horde, are wailing on a member of the Alliance. I saw this in the air mind you, and upon my landing in Halfhill I rocket boosted/burst of speed-ed over to the battle. I cheap shot the shaman, put SnD up and killed him in a spree. I used AR/SB to finish the paladin off, blinding him right before he reached the safety of the marketplace.

Just then I was descended upon by three Horde, evidently upset I had killed their buddies and /clapped over their corpses. I was in a tough spot. Out of vanishes, preps, and with only a bag of coins to save me, I was being dotted, stunned, and utterly ganked in the most humiliating and ironic of ways. Well, coins can't be used in combat, right? GOOD THING I HAD SHADOWMELD.

I shadowmelded quickly to exit combat for a brief second and used the bag of coins. I give you all this preamble, I set the scene so delicately, because this was the best moment of my WoW career. I've raided heroics. I've arena'd my ass off. But nothing compares to floating away from an ever-increasing number of Horde, /clapping at them (it's a versatile emote), and landing softly in some nondescript farmstead. They immediately flew over, five of them now, to where I landed, using AoE spells to draw me out (why do people do that? We're clearly gone).

But it was too late. I was out of combat. I was free. I was alive. They had no idea what the hell happened.
    Last edited by Grayjoy; 2014-02-22 at 02:59 AM.

Excellent story man! That is great!

Deleted
    You should have taunted them a bit more after your escape with the bag, so they report you for cheating.

Or better yet log on a lvl 1 char and flame you for cheating.

Deleted
    Great read and good job

I hope they forget to disable the bag in the start of WoD!

Can one even begin to fathom the quantity of salty tears produced over Rogues if they're stuck on the ground till 6.1 while we glide majestically overhead?

My tear jars would be filled for the entire xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Billybumbler View Post
    Can one even begin to fathom the quantity of salty tears produced over Rogues if they're stuck on the ground till 6.1 while we glide majestically overhead?
    You need to be able to use a flying mount to use it. So no getting away for the rogue, either.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    One can dream.

I wish I had Shadowmeld.