10+ Year Old Account

lenovo idea pad blue screen problems. Cant play games!!

I got this laptop about a week ago, and its been giving me trouble ever since. I dont think its a hardware error, because as you can see here other people have the same problems. That leads me to believe it is a driver problem. Ive tried everything, and a dozen different drivers, and the problem still persists.

I get both video_tdr_failure, and
    Driver_power_state_failure errors.

I get the tdr mostly when i try to play wow in dx11 mode, but it works 90% of the time in dx9 mode. Lately ive been trying to play swtor, but every time i click play my laptop freezes up and then bluescreens with the driver power error 99% of the time. I cant even launch the game. The fact that other people on newegg had the same problem makes me wonder if its just my inability to address simple errors, as the other half of reviews were positive. Im at a loss, and i dont know what to do. I dont even know how to go about getting my money back. If they want to just replace it should I? Wont the new one just have the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overheating can cause TDR issues, do you have or have you considered getting a laptop cooling pad? It might not fix this particular issue but it is a good investment either way.

I know you've mentioned trying other drivers, but sometimes you just gotta start with the basics. Before installing the drivers did you clean the old ones with something like Driver Cleaner Pro? You could try the current beta drivers for the 745M.

Another thing to try is adjusting your laptop settings. This sounds silly but this helped on one of my old machines. On your desktop, right click on My Computer (or 'This PC' or whatever your current version of windows calls it) and click on Properties. Find and click on Advanced System Settings, then under Performance (in the Advanced tab) click on Settings. Click 'Adjust for best performance' and press OK. It will make your desktop less pretty but who cares?

Next, right click on your desktop and click on NVIDIA Control Panel. Find "Manage 3D settings", click on it, then for "Power Management Mode" select "Prefer maximum performance". See if that helps at all.

Similarly I found another NVIDIA Control Panel potential fix on Google:
    "To fix this problem go to nVidia control panel then choose "Manage 3D settings". Then In window "Global Settings" set integrated video card and press apply. After that go to "Set PhysX Configuration" and set video card and press apply.
    This works on 64bit OS version. "

That's all I've got for now. Give it a whirl and report back, soldier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not getting hot though. I'm also using a cooing pad, the hottest it gets is like 65 Celsius. I have tried some of the stuff you said previously, but not all of it. I'll report back later.

- - - Updated - - -

Im actually using a driver ahead of the beta driver you linked. Im currently using 334.89 released on 02/18/2014. I just did every single thing you said, and im going to test and see what happens now. If It works ill report back. If it doesn't, well... i guess ill report back as well.