Computer can't recognise any form of monitor.

Copying this as I posted it on another forum, who knows, maybe someone here can help me:

Hi there!
    I recently had a friend help me build a new PC. To start off with, these are the components:
    Intel core i5 4670K 3.4GHz 6MB box
    Corsair DDR3 Pc1600 16GB CL9 vengeance (4*4 ramstiks)
    SEAGATE desktop 7200 2TB HDD 7200rpm SAT
    INTEL SSD 335 180 GB SATA6 500/450 R/W
    MSI Geforce GTX760 OC Hawk 2GB
    Corsair CS series 650W CS650m 80+ Gold
    Asus Z87-pro ATX USB3 SATA6 WiFi
    SAMSUNG DVDRW - SH-224BB

We build it last friday at his place, and I spent the weekend playing WoW, LoL etc on it - everything was working smoothly.
    As I only had a horribly old monitor myself (been using a laptop the past few years), I ordered a new one and took the PC home and awaited the monitors arrival. I got it earlier today (about a week after we build the PC).
    Only, there's one *MAJOR* issue - my pc seems to be able to boot just fine (I get a start-beep, I get the fans spinning, lights turn on in it etc), HOWEVER, it will *not* recognise any form of monitor. This is what I have tried:

Plugged Monitor to PC with DVI.
    Plugged Monitor to PC with VGA.
    Plugged Monitor to PC with HDMI.
    Plugged TV to PC with HDMI.
    Plugged old monitor to PC with VGA.
    *nothing* produced results.
    I then tried my monitors and my TV with my trusty old laptop. They work flawlessly.
    This means that it has to be something that's wrong with my "less-than-a-week-old, brand new desktop"-pc. And I have absolutely no clue what it can be. I've opened and had a look around, and nothing in there seems to be loose or "broken", from what my untrained eyes can see. Hopefully, someone has an idea of what it could be and can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried reseating the GPU?

Deleted
    Now this may sound like an obvious question but exactly where are you plugging the monitor into?

The reason why I'm asking this is quite simple. You did say you tried to hook your monitor up to your PC with VGA .... but the gpu that you have does not have VGA out so I'm thinking you possibly tried to plug the monitor into your motherboard ( for the CPUs integrated graphics ) not into the gpu directly.
    So if you look a little lower on the back of your casing you will notice 2 more DVI ports + HDMI and DP, try those instead

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Copying this as I posted it on another forum, who knows, maybe someone here can help me:

Hi there!
    I recently had a friend help me build a new PC. To start off with, these are the components:
    Intel core i5 4670K 3.4GHz 6MB box
    Corsair DDR3 Pc1600 16GB CL9 vengeance (4*4 ramstiks)
    SEAGATE desktop 7200 2TB HDD 7200rpm SAT
    INTEL SSD 335 180 GB SATA6 500/450 R/W
    MSI Geforce GTX760 OC Hawk 2GB
    Corsair CS series 650W CS650m 80+ Gold
    Asus Z87-pro ATX USB3 SATA6 WiFi
    SAMSUNG DVDRW - SH-224BB

We build it last friday at his place, and I spent the weekend playing WoW, LoL etc on it - everything was working smoothly.
    As I only had a horribly old monitor myself (been using a laptop the past few years), I ordered a new one and took the PC home and awaited the monitors arrival. I got it earlier today (about a week after we build the PC).
    Only, there's one *MAJOR* issue - my pc seems to be able to boot just fine (I get a start-beep, I get the fans spinning, lights turn on in it etc), HOWEVER, it will *not* recognise any form of monitor. This is what I have tried:

Plugged Monitor to PC with DVI.
    Plugged Monitor to PC with VGA.
    Plugged Monitor to PC with HDMI.
    Plugged TV to PC with HDMI.
    Plugged old monitor to PC with VGA.
    *nothing* produced results.
    I then tried my monitors and my TV with my trusty old laptop. They work flawlessly.
    This means that it has to be something that's wrong with my "less-than-a-week-old, brand new desktop"-pc. And I have absolutely no clue what it can be. I've opened and had a look around, and nothing in there seems to be loose or "broken", from what my untrained eyes can see. Hopefully, someone has an idea of what it could be and can help me out.

Thanks in advance!
    So, it was working at your friend's house and then you moved it to your house? It's possible that the video card got nudged loose a little.

Are you able to verify if the fan on the video card is spinning? If not, check the power cable to it. If it is, connect your horribly old monitor to verify a signal is being output. If still no picture, take the video card out and put it back in. Still nothing, try another slot if a compatible slot is free.

Last resort, RMA the video card.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ruelo View Post
    Now this may sound like an obvious question but exactly where are you plugging the monitor into?

The reason why I'm asking this is quite simple. You did say you tried to hook your monitor up to your PC with VGA .... but the gpu that you have does not have VGA out so I'm thinking you possibly tried to plug the monitor into your motherboard ( for the CPUs integrated graphics ) not into the gpu directly.
    So if you look a little lower on the back of your casing you will notice 2 more DVI ports + HDMI and DP, try those instead
    Or this. Hell, it happens...

Quote Originally Posted by ruelo View Post

So, I looked a bit further down on the back of the computer. Sure enough, there's a few more places I can plug cables in - namely something I don't know what is (assuming DP), a HDMI, and 2 different DVI inputs, which from this image:
    http://forum.recordere.dk/forum/uplo...195755_dvi.png
    I can identify as the DVI-I and DVI-D dual link. I tried plugging my HDMI in. It worked.
    I tried plugging my cable to DVI-D, as it is clearly the one it's designed for (exact match). Didn't work.
    Then I tried plugging the cable to the DVI-I as it could still theoretically fit even if not everything in it is a "match" (missing the four dots around the line). And lo and behold, a connection was made!
    So, seems that I'm just retarded - unless it is a sign of a different problem that I can't get a picture from the other outputs? I'm... Fairly sure that my friend used VGA a week ago, but I guess I might be mistaken.

http://imgur.com/Xiksrpl
    (yea, screw me, I'm used to just the blue cable being the one to care about <.<).

10+ Year Old Account
    Case closed. :P You never go full consumer, Randall.

Anytime you plug in a discrete graphics card, that will over-write the on-board because it won't be needed. Very rarely have I seen an on-board video connection continue to function if it detects a discrete card installed. But hey, don't feel bad -- we all have a 'DUH' moment from time to time. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeYouLook View Post
    Anytime you plug in a discrete graphics card, that will over-write the on-board because it won't be needed. Very rarely have I seen an on-board video connection continue to function if it detects a discrete card installed. But hey, don't feel bad -- we all have a 'DUH' moment from time to time. =)
    The exception is if the bios has the option for "multi-display" or "multi-monitor".