Deleted

How am I supposed to find a group for Challange Modes?

So I have been inactive for most of this expansion and started again in the middle of this tier (approx) to get the CM transmog gear before the next expansion , especially since they announced that they will remove it.

However it seems to be impossible to find a group that is willing to progress through it, everyone either only wants to sell it or they want you to already have the 9/9 achievement, I mean who wants to go CMs if they already have the gear except for getting server best times (which seems impossible to do with a group of randoms).

Do I really have to spend 90k on a boost? Id rather do it the real way.

Theres TONS of people looking to do CM's now they've but an end date on the content. Theres TONS of tools to group up with people and you don't even have to be on the same realm (openraid / OQ).

Seriously. adapt and overcome. If you don't even have the initiative or skill to make or find a group then maybe it isn't for you.

Deleted
    Now it's actually a good time for CMs as lot of new fresh ppl will spam the www.openraid.eu with that event. Myself perosnally didn't had any exp and in 10+ signed events one good guy accepted me because i have good raiding history on armory boss count.

Join there if you haven't already and watch for the events, be vocal is a big +,then the rest bull$%*# on how you watched tact and you have potions and stuff....

Now if PvP seaon lasts for around 20-22 weeks and WoD prepatch will happen around ending of season,you have plenty of time to search for them on that site.

I don't know if you play on US or EU servers, but if US:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11763926908

I'm sure EU has equivalent threads on their forums.

You can make your own group or if you are on EU NSrm talked about making a group, you should PM him.

Study up and start your own group on Openraid/OQueue/WoWforums/here. You will have no problem finding people. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Amat; 2014-02-22 at 04:27 PM.

Openraid staff host beginner Challenge Mode events all the time.

Deleted
    Even i who has 9/9 on 4 characthers have trouble finding groups that are good enough to do them. The problem with most CM groups is that many people know how to adequatly play their mains. But when it comes to their alt they are lacking the skill needed, some people i've met is a real miracle they even got 9/9. Spent proabably 15 hours in groups with my 5th char and have only recieved 2 silvers so far.

The first char to get 9/9 was a struggle the following 2 and 1/2 was no problems at all found 3 groups 2 of which went 9/9 in less than 5 hours one that did 7/9 at around the same time. Then i bought boost for 20k for the remaining 2 after 10h of fail groups on that char.

The quirk here? on the 3 good groups the majority of the people never had even set foot in a CM. It was only i and 1 more on the 7/9 group we where 3 people with 9/9 CM exp.

So exp is nice. IF they know how to play the characther they are on. I've done it 3 times as tank 1 time as dps. The 5th one going up is also a tank. And i'm seriously conscidering just paying fot the whole 9/9 to get rid of all the failing groups.

TL;DR People with exp isn't always the best people. Get a good group of people and try them out. Start with the easy ones and if you wind up stuck on the harder ones go pay someone to drag you through them.

openraid, a guild, buying it, friends, fourms, etc

"find a group". Of course you won't find a full group that's willing to carry one they don't know without any experience on any character. What do people expect ? Just last week I was helping out a friend and we were one player short and searched for a random and there were more than just a few asking if we'd take them with zero experience but obviously we don't want to risk wasting our time with those.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-02-22 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    Openraid chat helped me during ToT. Made up the bluff i was good and knew what i was doing.... worked in the end and researched them before ofc.

make your own group or play a spec that is in higher demand

don't worry about not knowing what to do, you will probably get someone with xp that does know what to do and is willing to lead the group. but people are always looking for tanks for CMs. you could always heal, too.

but it's unlikely that you are going to get an invite from chat to do CMs as a ret. groups usually only bring one melee and most OR chat groups refuse to take melee because they have the audacity to believe every melee player is a mouthbreathing window licker. if you want to do them as melee, making your own groups is probably going to be the best option for you.

I have now done 2 successful CM gold runs by using oQueue and these went really fast and with minimal amount of wipes. You could also try Openraid, either by keeping an eye on their chat or by joining one of the premade events.

Oh, and 9/9 experience means it can be experience on another character. They're not looking for people who've already done it to do it again >.>

Deleted
    Damn I would like to get a boost through challenges .

- Anyone of EU alliance ?

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    So I have been inactive for most of this expansion and started again in the middle of this tier (approx) to get the CM transmog gear before the next expansion , especially since they announced that they will remove it.

However it seems to be impossible to find a group that is willing to progress through it, everyone either only wants to sell it or they want you to already have the 9/9 achievement, I mean who wants to go CMs if they already have the gear except for getting server best times (which seems impossible to do with a group of randoms).

Do I really have to spend 90k on a boost? Id rather do it the real way.
    I did mine a few weeks ago and I built and rebuilt groups over and over until I had my 9, and most of the groups had no experience. If you want a group that's not going to have to carry you, then don't approach it as if you're expecting a carry.

Do your research, build your own groups. There are plenty of people out there who want their CM's by are just scared to try. So you have a large pool of players to choose from.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure someone already said this, but spelling challenge correctly would be a good start...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I'm sure someone already said this, but spelling challenge correctly would be a good start...
    Actually nobody did. There's less pedantic pricks on the net than one might think.

Have you thought maybe making your own group? Yes this will involve spending time interacting with people in trade chat and you will get a few recruits that you immediately toss back into the pond but I had the same problem because for some reason no one wanted a lock. Made my own group, did 9/9 in probably 12 hours total.

I'd honestly recommend Open Raid. I've done a few groups through that, and if you make a run yourself, you can choose who you bring along. Can get some fairly optimal group comps going, and with relatively current gear (SoO), or CM BiS even, you can clear them incredible quickly. My most recent group was a terrible comp, and we managed to beat gold by a few minutes. Trying to find groups to join is honestly more difficult than making your own group. Good luck.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st