Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    It's apt enough. The zealots consider anything from blizzard as holy text anyway, no matter how many times they get bullshitted.
    Zealots and bullshit, eh? I'm pretty sure the 90 boost will have zero effect on my enjoyment of wod. If i don't want to buy one I wont and if someone else wants to more power to them. Apparently having a neutral stance on something is a cardinal sin because the forum drama queens says o.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Zealots and bullshit, eh? I'm pretty sure the 90 boost will have zero effect on my enjoyment of wod. If i don't want to buy one I wont and if someone else wants to more power to them. Apparently having a neutral stance on something is a cardinal sin because the forum drama queens says o.
    Why so angry? Going to order a fatwa on us next?

    Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-02-24 at 12:32 AM.

  3. #323
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,820
    Well look at it this way, subscription costs have stayed the same in basically a decade. Had they truly wanted to be greedy they would have kept up with inflation and raised the price by a couple dollars.

    Even for example 2 dollars a month would probably cause a fucking shit storm, but with some of these micro transactions it's curbed the need for them to even do it.

    Pay to win is giving an advantage beyond the subscription cost for doing the things that are perceived as competitive, PvP and PvE content. To some extent you can mold that to include the leveling experience, but there is nothing that remotely indicates that leveling is competitive or that it requires any bit of skill to perform.

    The way I look at it instant 90s are done for multiple goals and not just one. Yes them making more revenue is clearly one of those goals, but there is a clearly a demand from consumers or else they wouldn't want to implement it. Blizzard wants your money, why would they give the option to skip content that can take some very casual players months and months to accomplish? Simply put it's because of the convenience factor. Whether you believe it or not the shear amount of time you have to put into the game to catch up after not playing for an expansion or two is actually fairly discouraging for returning players, not to mention players who want to play with their friends. I have friends that want to play but simply don't want to put in several weeks work of getting back to level cap.

    I'm not going to buy boosts to 90, but I can see how it's beneficial on so many levels aside from just lining Blizzards pockets.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Why so angry? Going to order a fatwa on us next?
    Fatwa's a new one...I guess it's better than a Hitler comparison.

  5. #325
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    It's apt enough. The zealots consider anything from blizzard as holy text anyway, no matter how many times they get bullshitted.
    There is a difference between getting bullshitted and believing you are being bullshitted.
    But knowing the difference apparently makes you a 'zealot'.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There is a difference between getting bullshitted and believing you are being bullshitted.
    But knowing the difference apparently makes you a 'zealot'.
    Be careful, if your opinion differs from theirs you're going to get called a blind fanboy.

  7. #327
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,729
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Be careful, if your opinion differs from theirs you're going to get called a blind fanboy.
    I'd prefer to be called a white knight; it brings out the paladin-role player in me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    "Yeah you can buy gear, but it's not the BEST gear in the game, so it really isn't p2w"
    Can you link me that item?
    Last edited by Kangodo; 2014-02-23 at 09:52 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  8. #328
    What do you expect Blizzard to say?

    Do you think they would admit planning on making WoW P2W?

    They are going to keep introducing microtransactions, more and more, and keep explaining why what they introduced really isn't p2w (even if it is) much like many of their fanboys have done.

    "Yeah you can buy gear, but it's not the BEST gear in the game, so it really isn't p2w"

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    What do you expect Blizzard to say?

    Do you think they would admit planning on making WoW P2W?

    They are going to keep introducing microtransactions, more and more, and keep explaining why what they introduced really isn't p2w (even if it is) much like many of their fanboys have done.

    "Yeah you can buy gear, but it's not the BEST gear in the game, so it really isn't p2w"
    The fanatics are already a step ahead of you anyway. More than a few have defended selling the BEST gear. Now it has to be BETTER than the best gear to technically be p2w. The mental gymnastics and goal post moving is never ending

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    The fanatics are already a step ahead of you anyway. More than a few have defended selling the BEST gear. Now it has to be BETTER than the best gear to technically be p2w. The mental gymnastics and goal post moving is never ending
    You're painting with a pretty broad brush here. I'm sure most people don't want to see current raid level gear for sale and Blizzard is nowhere near putting this gear up for sale in the store. Kind of sad that your argument has devolved to unreasonable hypotheticals and yet other people are performing gymnastics?

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There is a difference between getting bullshitted and believing you are being bullshitted.
    But knowing the difference apparently makes you a 'zealot'.
    If you knew the difference, you wouldn't be playing WoW anymore.
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.

    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    If you knew the difference, you wouldn't be playing WoW anymore.
    On a practical level how hard is to play wow without buying a store mount or server transfer? I'd imagine a large part of the community doesn't use these services. Is it that far fetched that the ones complaining are just a vocal minority?

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    You're painting with a pretty broad brush here. I'm sure most people don't want to see current raid level gear for sale and Blizzard is nowhere near putting this gear up for sale in the store. Kind of sad that your argument has devolved to unreasonable hypotheticals and yet other people are performing gymnastics?
    Yeah, but it's kind of screwed argument ... with that interpretation you are bending the term p2w to your standards, but when somebody else bends it to his standards suddenly it's wrong. By definition p2w means you either have to sell gear that is better than anything in game or you have to sell bis gear before ppl can obtain it in game. That means heroic gear if sold a few months after heroic tier is introduced isn't p2w, ppl had enough time to obtain it so it's fair game.

    The term p2w is razor thin when it comes to what services qualify. But ppl have different tolerance to p2w. Some say saving 100 hours is winning, some say selling bis gear unobtainable in game is.

    What's the worst that can happen to you ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •