Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mamytwink Ion Hazzikostas Interview (New spoilers!)

FRENCH TRANSLATION

Mamytwink: Is Warlord each will have its own raid?

Sometimes there will be two Warlords in one level. Ner'zhul, we will fight in a dungeon, funeral Lands Shadowmoon (level 100). There is no specific formula. What is certain is that Blackhand is the final boss of the 6.0 patch. This will be the final boss of the Foundry Spire.

Thomas: loot system will be reviewed in Warlords of Draenor. Why make it so flexible? Is it flexible to adapt to raids?

This is an essential change. It was part of the great challenges to adapt the flexible mode to the other difficulties (normal and heroic). Personal loot, this is a good option for LFR or pick up, but it works less well when playing with friends or guild. It is essential to assign the loot to raid member in need. It is a social aspect of the game you do not want to neglect.
    The only concern was the number of loot. If we had chosen a fixed number of loot, there would have been problems with the number of players. We therefore opted for a system where the number of loot depends on the size of the raid and the people eligible for rewards. A raid of 10 players will get 2 loots eg when a raid of 20 players 4. If 18 of these players have already looted the boss earlier in the week, ie if only two people are eligible, it could very well be 0 loot.

Mamytwink: early Warlords of Draenor, we fight the Warlords. Can you tell us what other creatures we shall have to face throughout the expansion?

Horde Iron is our main enemy, like Ogres and other native breeds Draenors who joined. From the beginning of the extension, we also face the Arrakoas in Arrak arrows. The Arrakoas Warlords of Draenor be different from Burning Crusade. They will not be cursed and will be noble. They will be in noble cities nestled up arrows. In Draenor, two forces will also oppose. Line and the line creative destructive. Destructors are creatures of the earth: Ogres, Gronn or the "Fomores" even more powerful than gronn creatures. Kinds of stone giants more massive than gronn. We will probably see as world boss.
    The forces of creation are represented by plants: Genisaur, a sort of four-legged beast that resembles a forest in motion or the "Tanei" human-sized monsters wrapped in tree bark.

Thomas: about fiefs (NOTE FROM OP - Fiefs = Garrisons apparently). Is this a planned long-term functionality or she to segregate Warlord of Draenor?

Fiefdoms will be closely related to Warlords of Draenor. This is a basic build each player to help in its fight against the Horde iron. Players will aim to gather an army. For cons, the technologies we use to create strongholds (notably with regard to the artificial intelligence of NPCs and followers of the base) will probably be reused in the future.

Mamytwink: you plan to increase the level of difficulty of the heroic dungeons in Warlords of Draenor. Will it equivalent to Wotlk / MoP or rather that of Cataclysm.

Between. You could say the equivalent of Cataclysm Heroic dungeons easy. The Vortex Pinnacle and The Lost City of the Tol'vir are a good example. Heart of Stone or Grim'Batol were meanwhile heroic dungeons too difficult for most players (in "pick up").
    The big difference in Warlords of Draenor is that is also entitled to a "normal" difficulty dungeon level 100. Normal difficulty will be rather easy for players who want to quickly make a dungeon by enrolling in the queue.
    Players will only need the equipment for normal dungeon in order to enroll in the queue waiting for the LFR. As for Heroic dungeons, they allow players who want to go classic raid equip.

Mamytwink: About LFR. Will they not interfere with Heroic dungeons if you can recover better equipment?

At the beginning of the extension, the FAA will not be available and it will open just wing by wing. Heroic dungeons will be on them all playable suite and offer the best way to equip themselves for raids.
    In addition, it will add an interesting daily quest reward challenges modes: the epic quality equipment at least equal to LFR. Whatever medal obtained (minimum bronze), the daily quest will give you an epic loot! It is therefore hoped push the players to do more dungeons challenging mode. Of course, silver and gold will always provide cosmetic rewards.

Thomas: Ashran the PvP zone will be inter-server, inter Battle.net? ...

Our current goal is that it is only available to players on the same server, but you could make inter-server to resolve any problems of balance between factions. For example, a server mainly populated by Alliance players with a server majoraitement compound Horde players. You do not wish to repeat the experience of the Winter Yoke with a tenacity buff.

Thomas: will Ashran Does a level 100 area?

Yes, there will be a PvP "end game" area.

Mamytwink: Did you give us some clues about the 6.0 patch? Will be entitled to a scenario or a global event?

As usual, the 6.0 patch will introduce many of the new features in Warlords of Draenor: new character models, the item squish, the new mode raids. Draenor only be inaccessible.
    The patch will also offer an event in the game, but I can not say more at the moment.

Thomas: New character models are really great! But what about mounts faction? I do not see my new Forsaken ride his old warhorse of war.

We are constantly trying to improve the appearance of the different facets of our game was enhanced by animations such spells. The fireball of a Mage is much more beautiful today than it was seven years. We can not do everything at once.
    New steeds of war who went out to the court in recent years are more mature. However, I understand that it will raise the odd frames faction with our new models. This is something on which we will work in the future.

Mamytwink: About mythical raids. Do you plan to add boss 'bonus', as you did with Ra-Den to the Throne of Thunder?

Potentially yes. As we have done in the past with Heroic bosses, some of them may have an additional phase. Such as Garrosh and phase in Stormwind. It has also proposed bonus boss such as Algalon, Sinestra or Ra-den. But only when it is appropriate.
    It is of course open to continue the experiment with the mythical mode. I can already announce that the two boss raids 6.0 patch will be a significant difference in legendary mode. A pleasant surprise awaits you.

Thomas: Many players complain about the reduction of spells and skills to a class player. Do you plan to continue to reduce the number of spells / skills?

Was actually removed spells / abilities that did not seem essential to us. Many DPS classes found themselves combining several spells / abilities in the same macro to launch simultaneously. Warrior could for example create a macro with Recklessness and Banner skull. Therefore Banner skull was removed. We added some of its effects Recklessness.
    It has removed about 20% of spells / skills classes, although we will probably have to add some. Players will claim we probably during the beta.
    Ultimately, we want to reduce the number of buttons needed to play and facilitate access for players returning. Our goal is to make the game more understandable for all players. Each button must have a clear purpose and clear.

Mamytwink: Developers have fun with Karazhan in the last builds? Do you reuse this mythical place of World of Warcraft?

Karazhan is a place that brings a lot of nostalgia and fun memories. Could revisit Karazhan at one time or another.
    For the anecdote, we had initially planned that Karazhan has a role to play in the event that preceded the release of Warlords of Draenor (6.0 patch). We thought a phased scenario unfolding in Karazhan. Indeed, this place has links with the destruction of the Dark Portal. You were then sent to Karazhan to investigate about it. Finally we decided not to do so. Developers are then entertained with dataminers home MMO-Champion.

Thomas: I have to ask you this question. When will the beta Warlords of Draenor

SoonTM ... Sorry. You need to ask me this question, I must give you that answer. (Laughs).

Ion thank you for giving us your time. Enjoy your stay in Paris!

TL;DR: Ner'zhul will be fought in a level 100 dungeon (possibly heroic only), Shadowmoon Funeral Grounds. In some dungeons/raids, there will be multiple Warlords to fight. Karazhan was potentially linked to the expansion but they cancelled it. Mythic mode raids in 6.0 will have a pleasant surprise in them. Daily challenge mode quests can give LFR quality epics. "Fomores" (probably translation error) are stone creatures larger than Gronn, one will probably be a world boss. Loot will drop depending on the amount of people in normal and heroic (now know as flexible and normal) but it is challenging to balance the amount of loot so there are no "best amount" of people to bring, I.E 20 instead of 19.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, so, they couldn't even have ner'zhul as a raid boss, had to be a dungeon.
    #boycottchina

While this does deserve its own thread, it was posted already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Agreed. Disappointing. Anub'arak 2.0?

Deleted
    "Lolz, I'm sick of orcs rightz nuw been fightin dem for a tier alreadyz"

In WoD, there are too many orcs for everyone's taste, and now that they're atleast dealing with them faster, it still isn't good enough.
    Want a raid for every Warlord? gnna have to wait for that Legion xpac a little longer guys, after 6.7 perhaps.

So now challenge mode dailies will reward random epics, just like they bribed people to do heroic scenarios in MoP.

its just a setback.

Still better than getting killed off in a quest chain like you know who.
    Last edited by Funky Kong; 2014-02-22 at 06:17 PM.

anything on racials yet?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    arguably the most powerful of these warlords is a heroic dungeon boss ?

come on...
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    If they waste Gul'dan in a 5-man dungeon, I'll be pissed. Disappointed about Ner'zhul being a dungeon boss, but it was to be expected that they'd use some warlords as enemies in dungeons and questlines.

It seems like Ner'zhul is going to be mainly an alliance antagonist, since he's heavily involved in Shadowmoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post

come on...
    Point me to where it says that he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Still better than getting killed off in a quest chain like -snip-
    Did you really just do that?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I'm just gonna bring up the idea that Ner'zhul doesn't necessarily have to die in the dungeon.

Deleted
    About Nez'Zhul, I've checked the original interview in french to be sure, it does indeed say "we will fight him in a dungeon" so there's still hope since it is not "we will defeat him in a dungeon"

Maybe this is just a setback ?

EDIT :
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I guess it's been spoiled everywhere now and will be "common knowledge" in a few days. But yeah **SPOILER**

Deleted
    If Ner'zhul actually dies in that dungeon I'll eat my hat.

I'm interested in the Forces of Destruction vs. Forces of Creation they mentioned. Most interesting is that the Gronn and "Fomores" (which are likely Gromm) are aligned with destruction even though it was generally assumed they were made by the Titans. Does this mean they were made by someone else? Or does it mean something about the Titan's mission?

come on...
    Gul'dan beats Ner'zhul's ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Gul'dan beats Ner'zhul's ass.
    Yet Ner'zhul's spirit became the Lich King
    One way or the other, both would have been nothing much without the Legion.

Deleted
    Powerful? If they keep the Rise of the Horde timeline, Ner'zhul and all the shaman have lost their connection with the elements, making them powerless. Most likely why he look for something new (void magic).

Anywho, nothing says he is going to die or that even dead (wink wink nudge nudge), his story stops here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    Yet Ner'zhul's spirit became the Lich King
    Not after he uses the Skull of Gul'dan to gain more power on Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    fixed.
    Although I don't see the problem as this is a spoiler thread within the WoD section..