Thread: Phobias

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm a bit musophobic (that's a fear of mice).

I think I kind of have arachnophobia. There are numerous occasion where I've seen a spider and then look at away for one second, and it's gone. For the rest of the night I'm shaking and I can't sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I favorite is:
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia the fear of long or complicated words!

I am truly phobic about open air high places like tops of buildings, balconies and roller coasters.

One night as I was sleeping I felt something crawling across my chest. I reached up and squished it and, after getting up and turning on the light, discovered a nice fat spider. Went back to bed and never cared again. Spiders do not scare me.

I am afraid/wary/curious about there being some secret knowledge that everyone else has and, knowing that I do not possess it, refuse to share it with me. Or that the people I know wait for me to leave, so that they can have fun without me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few...
    The fear of falling (Heights don't bother me; I anticipate falling all the time, even walking around)
    Fear of getting cavities
    Fear of getting in a terrible car wreck. Working insurance does that to you I'm always thinking about it when I'm driving.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh god, then you don't wanna see the Annabelle doll.
    The Annabelle doll is a childish, benign looking Raggedy Anne doll. The doll shown in "The Conjuring" is NOT the real doll haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    The Annabelle doll is a childish, benign looking Raggedy Anne doll. The doll shown in "The Conjuring" is NOT the real doll haha.
    ooh I know I've seen the real one, they really demonized a doll to make it look evil. I mean.. who the fuck would keep a doll that looks that evil looking in there apartment. Guess raggedy anne wasn't scary enough for some viewers, but honestly, I think it would have added more of a dark, subtle quality to the conjuring if they did to a replicate of the real doll.
    #boycottchina

Phobia thing is idiotic. If you have a fear of anything you can be sure there is a phobia to describe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Phobia thing is idiotic. If you have a fear of anything you can be sure there is a phobia to describe it.
    ah but a phobia isn't as cut and dry as just something most people would be afraid of, it comes down to some very unique cases, even things you yourself take for granted, could be someone elses worst nightmare.

Even what I just wrote on screen here could be someones worst fear because of all the words in it.
    #boycottchina

I don't think I have any "phobias" in a sense I don't think anything really scares me to the point of failing to function. There are plenty of things that bother me, though.

Heights. Can't stand heights. I get nervous on ladders!
    Spiders. Not really scared of them, just don't feel like I am knowledgeable enough about them to know what an kill me and what can't. So I treat all of them as if they can harm me.
    Snakes. Same.
    Ketchup. Fuck if I know. Stuff just grosses me out and makes me uncomfortable.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

The things i fear:

-Hights. This has always been my number 1 phobia. It's hard for me to even go out to our balcony for a smoke tbh (i live on the 5th floor of a tall building)
    -Tight/small places (i think its called claustrophobia, or something like that). I didn't have this before, but like 6 months ago, i got stuck in our elevator for 30 minutes, and ever since i get really uncomftorable in elevators.
    -Wasps. I've never been scared of spiders/snakes/rats or any of that, but for some reason i just can't stand wasps. Fuck those little fuckers and their stupid sound and stingers. Freaks me the fuck out to even hear the noise of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merixa View Post
    Ephebiphobia - Fear of young people/teenagers

Yes I got bullied a lot. Yes I don't have any friends (however, surprisingly, a loving boyfriend who doesn't think I'm weird). No that doesn't mean I'm afraid of myself.

I just can't help it. When I see or in a room with or just simple walk past somebody between the ages of 13 and 29 I just get this shot of fear through me. My mind automatically expects the worst of young people, despite only being 20 myself ( and have had this fear throughout my life).

On a side note I do suffer from severe anxiety anyway which pretty much makes me constantly paranoid and afraid of everything but this particular fear I have been unable to "get over" like others.
    Same thing here minus the loving boyfriend unfortunately. Can add agoraphobia to the list aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Trypophobia...

Not sure if I have it. But I feel uncomfortable viewing some of the pictures that are on google when you put in this type of phobia in the search engine. >_<

Deleted
    I have a fear for bees/wasps or anything that flies and buzzes lol

I was attacked by an agressive swarm of bees when I was younger

I got a fear of: Spiders, Mosquitoes, Heights, Flying, and Death

Deleted
    that was definitely unpleasant to look at Nalice :/

Deleted
    Phobias in general is translation to being a pussy. I've only met a rare few in my life who had a real phobia to a point they could live a normal life.

I most certainly have LFRPHOBIA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miepie View Post
    that was definitely unpleasant to look at Nalice :/
    I'm sorry. D:
    It seems to be a somewhat normal reaction, though, if that helps!