Thread: Phobias

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalice View Post
    Trypophobia...

Not sure if I have it. But I feel uncomfortable viewing some of the pictures that are on google when you put in this type of phobia in the search engine. >_<
    I can't help but feel the same way I feel about huge zit pictures when looking at those pictures. I just wanna take a long stick and start poking at all the places for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    I can't help but feel the same way I feel about huge zit pictures when looking at those pictures. I just wanna take a long stick and start poking at all the places for some reason.
    Interesting response you have got there. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Nalice View Post
    Interesting response you have got there. o_O
    I have a strange love for poking at things that look strange.

hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia = fear of long words..

I think that is the funniest one.. someone has a fear of long words lets call it hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

I'm not afraid of a lot of things, but ever since I was stung by a bee when I was three... I run for the hills whenever I see one. Bees, wasps, hornets... They scare me. If I go to Japan I don't know how I'll survive if I see a giant hornet.

Also, the centipedes there are terrifying and huge.

I have a phobia of this video. *DISCLAIMER* Really fucking gross, proceed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktillum View Post
    I have a phobia of this video. *DISCLAIMER* Really fucking gross, proceed at your own risk.

*disgusting video*
    Wait...what? Why is that why i don't eat beef or dairy?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Well, the closest thing I have to a 'phobia' is I'm not a big fan of crustaceans, been around water my entire life and I think it's mostly spawned from bad experiences. I stepped on a sizeable blue crab once because I was walking in four feet of water and couldn't see shit and a few other things like that (picked up a green crab by accident once when I was like five because I thought it was something else, I guess). But, I do go crabbing with my cousins/brother sometimes every summer and I'll pick the damn things up, if I have to, mostly because I don't want to be a pussy about it. I'm not at all bothered by looking at them or watching people eat them or anything like that, I'd just rather not share the water with them and my bare feet, especially if I can't see the bottom. And I love seafood and have picked up live fish I caught because I like to fish, and I've gone clamming and stuff like that, so....meh.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-02-24 at 06:11 AM.

I have a phobia of bridges. Driving over them, walking over them, anything. And no idea why, just afraid of a collapse or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have apeirophobia (fear of infinity). When my anxiety attacks kick in I have both apeirophobia and nihilophobia (fear of nothingness). Clammy hands and heights/clear skies make it worse, I start to think about slipping away.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    lets talk phobias, some understandable, some seem kind silly except to the person with the phobia.

oh the human mind is a funny thing sometimes.

To kick off:

Phobophobia:
    (from Greek: φόβος, phobos, "fear") is a phobia defined as the fear of phobias, or the fear of fear.

I am not completely sure this one is as uncommon or funny (peculiar) as you may think. People that suffer from more severe forms of panic disorder actually fear getting into situations where they know their attacks can be triggered. So for example, Fear of going to the dentist might actually mean fear of going to a place where they know their anxiety might flare up... so in a sense, fear of becoming fearful.