Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I like how they plead not guilty when there's a video of them doing it
    Nowhere in the video do you see them falsifying reports or doing conspiracy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    And would there be any proof of this claim? And no, anecdotes are not proof.
    Crime statistics. Igorance isn't a defense when you're making absolute claims.

Honestly all Police officers should have recording devices on them 100% of the time when on duty. Cameras built into their badges and cars. If an incident isn't recorded, no arrest for assaulting a police officer or resisting arrest can be made. If no recording is available for an arrest, the arrest is unlawful and the officers involved are investigated for abduction and instantly placed on unpaid suspention pending the investigation.

That would clean up the vast majority of Police corruption on the spot, and make investigations for honest cops much easier. And modern technology allows this to happen so easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Crime statistics. Igorance isn't a defense when you're making absolute claims.

Honestly all Police officers should have recording devices on them 100% of the time when on duty. Cameras built into their badges and cars. If an incident isn't recorded, no arrest for assaulting a police officer or resisting arrest can be made. If no recording is available for an arrest, the arrest is unlawful and the officers involved are investigated for abduction and instantly placed on unpaid suspention pending the investigation.

That would clean up the vast majority of Police corruption on the spot, and make investigations for honest cops much easier. And modern technology allows this to happen so easily.
    While there is some racism in the criminal justice, accusations of systemic racism simply have to be proved.

Having said that I agree with the rest of what you said. Mandatory recording would help restore the trust of the public in the police and rid the police force of most criminals, or at least those who are stupid enough to get caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Article on an incredibly biased website with no citations is not evidence, I am sorry to say.
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...ent_report.pdf
    You honestly believe blacks don't get arrested more and charged more than whites....
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Replace the word "black man" with "man" and this would be a interesting read, but since you made it about race well....

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...ent_report.pdf
    You honestly believe blacks don't get arrested more and charged more than whites....
    The words you are looking for is being more likely to be arrested. The real question is whether they are more likely to be arrested because of their skin colour, or because more of them live in ghettos, are poor and therefore more likely to commit crimes.

There are real issues, such as different charging for similar crimes, eg. crack vs heroin, but people who shout race at every opportunity drown this out.

World is not black and white, heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    For every article you post of this happening to a white man I can post 5 more of this happening to a black one.
    Thats not even remotely close to how it really is though. because if this happends to a white man, no one really cares, but if it happens to a black man, everyone jumps on the racisttrain

Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    Thats not even remotely close to how it really is though. because if this happends to a white man, no one really cares, but if it happens to a black man, everyone jumps on the racisttrain
    Honestly this is right also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abcchef View Post
    For cases like this I'd love to see the laws in some states about not recording police challenged and struck down by the supreme court.
    So far, circuit courts are 4-0 (1st, 7th, 9th, and 11th) in favor of recording police being legal. There's no circuit conflict, so there's no particular legal reason for the supreme court to get into it at this point.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Article on an incredibly biased website with no citations is not evidence, I am sorry to say.

I saw a lot of citations of data sources in there, but I actually went looking for them. I do enjoy watching people plug their ears and scream, then insist they've heard no convincing evidence in the other persons argument.

While there is some racism in the criminal justice, accusations of systemic racism simply have to be proved.

Having said that I agree with the rest of what you said. Mandatory recording would help restore the trust of the public in the police and rid the police force of most criminals, or at least those who are stupid enough to get caught.
    Thing is that very often things are recorded on tape. Almost every police car has a dash cam and a lot of police officers wear some kind of helm camera (more like a headset). Problem is that the police only uses the tapes to show that they didn't do anything wrong (and to train other officers) and aren't made public. As said in the news the police department didn't give the tapes to the court until the lawyer demanded it. They pressed charges without checking the tapes to see if the reports are true or they checked and didn't want to tell the court to protect their officers.

I think thats why ....canadians? support having the police car dash cams, to stop police corruption.

not to mention it protects police officers themselves.

Everybody wins.

Lets not forget NJ is an amazingly corrupt place.

I think the thing here is, the normal "the police where rite crowd" does not have a pot to piss in, so we have to go to default Racisim QQ.
    At the end of the day look at it like this:
    There are way more black men in the pen then white.
    There are way more white men raping people then black men.
    and the rest is just w/e LOL
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2014-02-22 at 08:54 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I agree police surveillance should be a thing :l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Nowhere in the video do you see them falsifying reports or doing conspiracy stuff.
    I believe the video itself is the proof that they falsified reports and took part in a conspiracy, given that the video contradicts the police officers version of events and includes some pretty outrageous behaviour they worked together to try and hide. The fact that all charges were immediately dropped and the officers are now in the shit kinda speaks for itself

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    I believe the video itself is the proof that they falsified reports and took part in a conspiracy, given that the video contradicts the police officers version of events and includes some pretty outrageous behaviour they worked together to try and hide. The fact that all charges were immediately dropped and the officers are now in the shit kinda speaks for itself
    No, the video suggests that the police in the video are involved in these things. Granted, I think they're guilty on all three charges (especially misconduct, as it's evidenced by the video), but since I don't know all the facts I'm keeping an open mind, and don't judge. You're working on the assumption that under no circumstance can there be any other explanation to this. Assumptions are what led to the victim almost getting unjustly put in prison. Assumptions are pretty much the Mother of all fuckups. Reality can get complex, fast.

The officers don't handle the video recordings, suggesting someone else (that wasn't in the video) decided not to share it with the court. It says nothing about including the police officers in this conspiracy, and like I pointed out, the video recording doesn't show the accused to partake in a conspiracy, "only" manhandling an innocent. You don't see them writing any reports either. How do you know someone else didn't write those reports, or altered them afterwards? It's unlikely, I know, but judging someone isn't guesswork.

Don't jump to conclusions. You're probably right in this instance, but it's innocent until proven guilty for a reason. Judging someone based on lackluster evidence or on mere suggestions before a court has had the chance to find out what's going on is typical mob mentality, and you should have none of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit. Why do some police have to create this distrust with the public? I agree...mandatory cams in all cruisers and police vehicles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I think thats why ....canadians? support having the police car dash cams, to stop police corruption.

not to mention it protects police officers themselves.

Everybody wins.

This. Dash cams, cctv etc on and the investigation of of the recordings also protects police officers for false claims.

Holy shit that's 10 minutes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I like how they plead not guilty when there's a video of them doing it
    kinda sounds weird but helps with civil lawsuits (and maybe internal affairs / reprimand?)