Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    OP is just specifying that the man involved is black rather than white. YOU are bringing race here.

That is his point. Why does it need to be specified?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Just treat the police with respect, put your hands up, don't make any sudden movements, and this kind of thing won't happen."

I'm really happy for the guy that the lawyer got the dashcam video. There should never be any doubt about that, too often there is.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    "Just treat the police with respect, put your hands up, don't make any sudden movements, and this kind of thing won't happen."

I'm really happy for the guy that the lawyer got the dashcam video. There should never be any doubt about that, too often there is.

And you think if he resisted it would have turned out better?

Logic???????

Nobody has said it does happen. but not resisting and not being an ass makes it so it doesn't get worse.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    As soon as Prosecutors saw this video, they dismissed all of the charges against Jeter. Interesting to note, an investigation by Bloomfield PD's scandal plagued internal affairs division had found no wrongdoing by officers.
    How can this be remotely possible? No wrong doing by officers? Amazing. The entire department including internal affairs should be investigated. One has to wonder how many other things have been swept under the rug by internal affairs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    How can this be remotely possible? No wrong doing by officers? Amazing. The entire department including internal affairs should be investigated. One has to wonder how many other things have been swept under the rug by internal affairs.
    Internal affairs being shit is my guess. But they have been charged on several counts and hopefully they all get sentenced for it.

Its scum like this that make the job of the actual hard working law abiding police 100x harder than it needs to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    And you think if he resisted it would have turned out better?

Logic???????

Nobody has said it does happen. but not resisting and not being an ass makes it so it doesn't get worse.
    You're right, sorry. That was trollish of me.

I think that there are always people too quick to assume the fault in any altercation between police and civilians lies with the civilian, and this is a good reminder that that's not always the case.

OP is just specifying that the man involved is black rather than white. YOU are bringing race here.
    What? No. The title could have been easily written in a way where it doesn't involve the skin color of the individual. "Dashboard camera saves man from serving five years in prison". But, we don't want that in the real world... Nope, EVERYTHING must be sensationalized.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Internal affairs being shit is my guess. But they have been charged on several counts and hopefully they all get sentenced for it.

Its scum like this that make the job of the actual hard working law abiding police 100x harder than it needs to be.
    it would be one thing if it was the "criminal´s" dash cam but as far i as i understood it it was the polices dash cam.
    so internal affairs, after receiving a complaint, presumably, did not review footage of the incident in question, What did they do ? visit a psychic to decide whether or not to clear them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post

the prosecutor should have asked for it too, after all, video of the incident in question does tend to have a pretty great, whats the word, Evidentiary, value.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2014-02-27 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    it would be one thing if it was the "criminal´s" dash cam but as far i as i understood it it was the polices dash cam.
    so internal affairs, after receiving a complaint, presumably, did not review footage of the incident in question, What did they do ? visit a psychic to decide whether or not to clear them?
    Not viewing the video is my guess. or they tried to cover it up under some bullshit reason. likely the "he didnt get out the car when told to" excuse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Heh if you really feel that way, it's too bad there isn't a "Subscribe" button for users. It's all Chingylol posts about. ;>

And even though you hate me, I still wish the best for you and pray that you have a happy, amazing life.
    I'm assuming you're a police officer? If so I can imagine you loathe corrupt officers like this more so than me of taftvalue, what with ruining the faith people have in you and the law enforcement :/

My uncle is a is in the police and It's sucks that he and many others go about working hard and honestly and all the trust is ruined by a few assholes like the ones in the link

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    the prosecutor should have asked for it too, after all, video of the incident in question does tend to have a pretty great, whats the word, Evidentiary, value.
    If a picture speaks a thousand words, a video speaks a million.
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2014-02-27 at 03:20 PM.

Guys...guys, I know that the mention of race has got everyone riled up. But please can we get back on track and start posting about how not all police are like this, and complain about why there isn't more positive threads about police.

That would be great thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The "black man" part in the title isn't needed, tired of people trying to bring race into everything.
    Yeah im sure the same thing would've happened had he been white.
    Im kinda fed up with all the race war aswell...
    BUT THIS IS A FREAKING Clear case of hate chrime?.

Also i dont know how many times ive heard this "were looking for a black man mid-twentys" - end.
    NICE DESCRIPTION YO. (can atleast recall 3-4 shows were it happened).

And finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    And would there be any proof of this claim? And no, anecdotes are not proof.
    The cops in US is completely morons. You have incredible low standards for hireing people as police officers.
    In Denmark it takes YEARS to become a cop. And even they are fucking morons.
    As far as i recall it takes 3-6 months in USA. Give stupid people power - authority - gun - law.
    I heard somewere that when you drink you loose IQ, and when you get pissed you loose more!.
    So an average angry donut eating cop is gonna have a IQ below my shoe size!. Even if hes not angry hoho.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I think thats why ....canadians? support having the police car dash cams, to stop police corruption.

not to mention it protects police officers themselves.

Everybody wins.
    Dash cams are entirely legal in Canada. In fact, you can record your whole interaction with the police, and if you are not obstructing them in any way, there is nothing they can do about it (For instance, if you have a gopro - like I do - they cannot tell you to turn it off, cannot ask for the pictures/video and cannot force you to unlock it - unless you actually consent or they have a court order)

Many forces in Canada have, or are moving to dash cams, simply because it makes the whole interaction more transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Nowhere in the video do you see them falsifying reports or doing conspiracy stuff.
    I think he means them being brutal, assaulting him, saying 'stop going for my gun'' when he's hands are clearly in the air, smashing his window in, charging his car with a car going the wrong way down a road. ETC ETC ETC
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Yeah im sure the same thing would've happened had he been white.
    Im kinda fed up with all the race war aswell...
    BUT THIS IS A FREAKING Clear case of hate chrime?.

Also i dont know how many times ive heard this "were looking for a black man mid-twentys" - end.
    NICE DESCRIPTION YO. (can atleast recall 3-4 shows were it happened).

And finally.

The cops in US is completely morons. You have incredible low standards for hireing people as police officers.
    In Denmark it takes YEARS to become a cop. And even they are fucking morons.
    As far as i recall it takes 3-6 months in USA. Give stupid people power - authority - gun - law.
    I heard somewere that when you drink you loose IQ, and when you get pissed you loose more!.
    So an average angry donut eating cop is gonna have a IQ below my shoe size!. Even if hes not angry hoho.
    Did it ever occur to you that they are often looking for black men in their 20ties because it is the identification given to them when a crime is reported? But crying racism is easier thank thinking I suppose.

And I share the thought that US police are in a ridiculous spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What? No. The title could have been easily written in a way where it doesn't involve the skin color of the individual. "Dashboard camera saves man from serving five years in prison". But, we don't want that in the real world... Nope, EVERYTHING must be sensationalized.
    You think the color of his skin had nothing to do with it? Sensationalist or not, it's probably true that this wouldn't have happened to him if he was white. That's the kind of world we live in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    You think the color of his skin had nothing to do with it? Sensationalist or not, it's probably true that this wouldn't have happened to him if he was white. That's the kind of world we live in.
    or a woman, was it sexism?
    while arguments can always be made that it probably wouldn't have happened if he would have been white, but there is no apparent, even if you squint, racial motive for this abuse of power, and one of the officers was black himself.
    so no the race of the victim wasn't really relevant.

this is all wishful thinking
    you didnt see him go for this gun or not, you just decided to take the side of the perp
    and you also dont know whether or not the guy tried to get away...he might have and then saw them catch up fast and thought twice

you saw what you wanted...and what you wanted was an innocent minority and evil police

why would he leave without being told too?
    why isnt his hands vanishing when the cop opens the door just as much evidence that he did in fact snatch or push that gun

10+ Year Old Account
    So we have to refer a person by his color?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...ent_report.pdf
    You honestly believe blacks don't get arrested more and charged more than whites....

That doesn't necessarily mean it's racism it could be simply be that blacks commit more crimes.
    READ and be less Ignorant.