Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    avenging wrath can only be used by rets now..... well that's shit

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    Inquisition being removed for Ret is... interesting. I wonder if they're going to balance the abilities so that it's not necessary anymore, or just bake it in. If they do, then it'll be a relatively nice quality of life improvement, not having to worry about Inquisition upkeep is not a bad thing.

If they're just yanking it and no compensation, then I'll be very unhappy
    l
    It's simple, increase all damage by 30%

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Not that simple given that Inquisition increases holy damage by 30%. What our biggest strength is/was the synergy between Inquisiiton and our Mastery. The loss of Inquisition really hurts more than Guardian of Ancient Kings.

What I will say is that it looks like they're trying to move us further away from our burst dps, to a more sustained dps.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    Inquisition being removed for Ret is... interesting. I wonder if they're going to balance the abilities so that it's not necessary anymore, or just bake it in. If they do, then it'll be a relatively nice quality of life improvement, not having to worry about Inquisition upkeep is not a bad thing.

If they're just yanking it and no compensation, then I'll be very unhappy
    l
    Yeah, while I was really happy to read that at first I'm a little worried now about our already-lackluster damage output. If they give us a nice passive boost, that'll be great. Haste will still continue to be our god stat no matter what.

Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    You don't understand at all, 30% increased holy damage means mastery is 30% stronger which makes mastery rating 30% better SCALING.
    Remove that and they'll have to increase how mastery scales by a lot.
    Also 10% crit shouldn't be shrugged off completely, it's not a big deal but still a loss.
    Also 30% to all abilities? No, not all of our abilities deal holy damage.
    Also 30% less holy damage done makes spreading Censure less powerful.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Final Verdict (Retribution) - Empowers your weapon with holy energy, and performs a devastating strike, dealing 210% weapon damage as Holy. Replaces Templar's Verdict. 3 Holy Power, 10 yd range, Instant, Requires Melee Weapon

Its nice that it no longer requires melee range.

Yeah that makes no difference what so ever, rest of our abilities still require melee range (except judgement, exorcism and HoW obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yeah that makes no difference what so ever, rest of our abilities still require melee range (except judgement, exorcism and HoW obviously)
    Makes a nice difference in not messing with the rotation while moving.

There is a ton of QoL, you can not waste HP while at range and still judging/exorcism casting. But it is more QoL than direct raid gain for sure. It can probably replace Harsh Words with good tuning.

10yards is nothing though, maybe more useful in pvp while chasing people but for pve you can always use speed of light or whatnot or actually paying attention to when your tank is moving mobs (or use Divine Storm instead)

Getting rid of Holy Pally instant casts?

Well.... bye...

Holy shock is still instant isn't it?

I can get behind the removal of Inq. But GoAK (will be prot only) and Blinding Light gone, not such a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I can get behind the removal of Inq. But GoAK (will be prot only) and Blinding Light gone, not such a happy camper.
    I'm the other way around, GoAK (while being a cool and special looking thing) isn't needed if we already have a cooldown. Blinding light (at least in pve) has very limited use with a huge cooldown, in pvp (arenas) I can't imagine it being much different. Maybe using it once or twice per fight?

Removing Inq just forces blizzard to retune all our abilities, scaling and mastery instead of fixing how terrible ret is to play when we're at low haste values and how simple (boring) the spec is already. I mean seriously? 4 button spec?

Holy shock is still instant isn't it?
    That's a complete joke.

Really not happy with the changes I've seen to prot thus far. I was really expecting to see something to compensate for the lack of haste we will be seeing; especially something that helps us scale from crit. A couple of the other tanks got Sanctity of Battle-like abilities, where's our crit scaling ability?

All I can say is I'm reaaaally hoping they remember us it is early, but still. Oh well I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I love to see the amount of people that read the changes and try to customize stats this early, being hardcore and all of that stuff. And I just couldn't give two less shits about what the class becomes too. I go 'wtf is this shit' at start of each expansion and get adapted to it in less than a day ><.

You guys are overexaggerating.
    But it's fun pretending WoW is complicated, right?

Op updated
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Sorry if it has already been mentioned; Devotion Aura is Holy only

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...64961502154752

first post said only that it was removed from Protection Paladins

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...84620479143936

They could give us a cosmetic glyph to let non-retribution paladins retain the Avenging Wrath spell effect in some manner.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide