Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Holy shock is still instant isn't it?
    That's a complete joke.

Really not happy with the changes I've seen to prot thus far. I was really expecting to see something to compensate for the lack of haste we will be seeing; especially something that helps us scale from crit. A couple of the other tanks got Sanctity of Battle-like abilities, where's our crit scaling ability?

All I can say is I'm reaaaally hoping they remember us it is early, but still. Oh well I guess.
    Guardian Druid - Amicitia - Stormreaver US
    My Twitch Stream

I love to see the amount of people that read the changes and try to customize stats this early, being hardcore and all of that stuff. And I just couldn't give two less shits about what the class becomes too. I go 'wtf is this shit' at start of each expansion and get adapted to it in less than a day ><.

You guys are overexaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I love to see the amount of people that read the changes and try to customize stats this early, being hardcore and all of that stuff. And I just couldn't give two less shits about what the class becomes too. I go 'wtf is this shit' at start of each expansion and get adapted to it in less than a day ><.

You guys are overexaggerating.
    But it's fun pretending WoW is complicated, right?

Op updated

New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.

Sorry if it has already been mentioned; Devotion Aura is Holy only

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...64961502154752

first post said only that it was removed from Protection Paladins

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...84620479143936

They could give us a cosmetic glyph to let non-retribution paladins retain the Avenging Wrath spell effect in some manner.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Well when 6.0 comes Thok will be a bit harder >.>
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

Im not sure if this has been said yet but my paladin is a Blood Elf and the new Arcane Torrent racial is terrible compared to the other healing classes. 1 holy power for Arcane Torrent. Everyone else gets a buff from 2-3% mana returned. If they want to keep it to holy power it should be 3 holy power, or revert back to mana for holy spec. Non mana specs/classes only really ever use it for the interrupt anyway so IMO this change is unnecessary. (I actually do use it on energy/focus classes to get a small boost in certain circumstances.)

Guardian bro is gone... ;(
    Great Uther's ghost, it's chasing after us! Squire, do something! Throw rocks at it! I have no plan!

I'm digging Seraphim, I'm hoping it has some really bad-ass visuals seeing how WE LOST OUR WINGS

Also what the hell is up with Devotion aura being holy only? Seriously? Devotion Aura is the armor aura, it should be prot only if anything! If they're giving it to holy at least give it a new name.
    Warning - while you were typing 50 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vergilius View Post
    I'm digging Seraphim, I'm hoping it has some really bad-ass visuals seeing how WE LOST OUR WINGS

Also what the hell is up with Devotion aura being holy only? Seriously? Devotion Aura is the armor aura, it should be prot only if anything! If they're giving it to holy at least give it a new name.
    It isn't an armor aura anymore. The ability itself was always a baseline holy ability. I doubt anyone would be against renaming it back to Aura Mastery.

I know, but I think most people associate Devotion Aura with armor. Imo they should just rename the ability, either come up with a new name or re-use something old, maybe Sanctity Aura. Yeah it was a DPS aura, but it doesn't have the same connotations as Devotion (Devotion came from WC3, after all).
    Warning - while you were typing 50 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Getting rid of Holy Pally instant casts?

Well.... bye...
    Seriously considering to reroll druid for WoD. I just don't see how the new holy pally can work in raid environment, unless they really plan to let healers stand still majority of the encounters. With the patch notes we're limited to Holy Shock and lvl 90 talent to heal on the move, and no way to spend Holy Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    It isn't an armor aura anymore. The ability itself was always a baseline holy ability. I doubt anyone would be against renaming it back to Aura Mastery.
    Aura Mastery is a bit of a misnomer when there are no other auras.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Avenging Wrath gone from Prot and Holy, so terrible. Should have gotten rid of DF for Holy and whatever from Prot and kept wings for all classes

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Aura Mastery is a bit of a misnomer when there are no other auras.
    And? It was a suggestion to make people who try to use the false logic "Devo is armor, it should be prot only" happy (it isn't an armor anymore). I don't really care about the name and I am glad they are taking away the current Devo Aura from ret and prot as well as most(should be all) raid cooldowns from non-healing classes.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathimis View Post
    Avenging Wrath gone from Prot and Holy, so terrible. Should have gotten rid of DF for Holy and whatever from Prot and kept wings for all classes
    Avenging Wrath only served as a dps cd for prot and a bit of healing throughput, Guardian is prot's shield wall so they had to keep that.
    Avenging Wrath is the iconic throughput cooldown, best served for retribution (dps).
    They can (should) add some new flashy animation to the holy cd, hope they do
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Dont worry you guys they have saidthat they may bake DF effect into wings for holy only so you can keep you wings , and for prot they may give u a minor glyph to make them appear on your back when goak is out

New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.

With new Resolve buffing selfheals and absorbs don't you think that in current state prot paladins will not benefit from it at all ?

Our active mitigation model is based around flat dmg reduction rather than absorb effects and self healing effects are not really important in it because both are using holy power so if you have to choose between 100% uptime of SotR and casting WoG you will never cast WoG.

Do you think they will iterate over it and replace SotR with absorb mechanics ?