15+ Year Old Account

Frame skips in WoW

Not sure if this is the right place, but for about a week now I've been getting frame skips in WoW, and in WoW alone. Other games are working perfectly fine.
    I just get a black frame for half a second every once in a while and it's extremely annoying. At the same time I got these frame skipe I've also developed a problem that when I alt-tab back to wow it often completely freezes for 2-3 seconds when it's quiet up to 30 seconds when in a crowded place.

I've tried updating my drivers, disabling addons, completely removing the game and reinstalling it, but none of this has worked. Other games I play are completely fine with no issues whatsoever, it's just WoW.

Anybody has a clue what's causing this issue and how to fix it?

15+ Year Old Account
    That's definitely an issue with your card hardware or driver software. It's a pretty known issue and happens a lot in WoW when running certain cards.

It happens to me, yet doesn't happen when I play Skyrim or Fallout. I don't know why.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Do you have raptr or the amd gaming evolved app installed? If so it has a bug that causes that in wow and the only option is to close it or uninstall it until they fix it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadashcroft22 View Post
    Do you have raptr or the amd gaming evolved app installed? If so it has a bug that causes that in wow and the only option is to close it or uninstall it until they fix it.
    I do have Raptr installed, thanks for the tip! It's just weird because I've had it installed for ages and the issues only began this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    That's definitely an issue with your card hardware or driver software. It's a pretty known issue and happens a lot in WoW when running certain cards.

It happens to me, yet doesn't happen when I play Skyrim or Fallout. I don't know why.
    I dunno if it's a card issue though, I've had this setup for about 1,5 years without any trouble. I'll try the raptr fix that was suggested first.

- - - Updated - - -

Uninstalling Raptr fixed it, thanks!

Glad to see you get it fixed. I found out about this bug last night and it was a pita to figure it out because I thought it was an addon or the wow install itself.