Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Atmas are putting us back into the world, at least. :/
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    I think that was the idea..Like how we got quests to go to low level dungeons of unusual difficulty and do the first few guildheists...They are REALLY good at getting us back into the world and i think that's a good thing.

Then again getting people to do mindless repetitive things IS kinda a specialty of both japanese society AND Square Enix(i LOVE me some JRPGS but damn are they repetitive)

People were very helpful at launch, but as with many other MMO's eventually those helpful people eventually become the asses who assume everyone knows everything and rudely tell people to go Google something rather than take a minute and explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    People were very helpful at launch, but as with many other MMO's eventually those helpful people eventually become the asses who assume everyone knows everything and rudely tell people to go Google something rather than take a minute and explain it.
    Yeah sounds like the FC i am in...Welll one or two people specifically...I myself avoided that and still help when i can and lower levels they often are..But gods watch over you if you step into garuda even HM and don't know it...

I have had lots of fun playing FF14 but I just can't handle random mindless grind. Atma is especially aggravating. I have said to myself that if I ever spend 10 hours in a particular zone and do not get an atma then I will unsubscribe. I have collected 7 and I am currently 4 hours into Central Shroud so far for maiden. If I drop another 6 hours grinding away and get nothing then I will likely unsub -_-...
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    I have had lots of fun playing FF14 but I just can't handle random mindless grind. Atma is especially aggravating. I have said to myself that if I ever spend 10 hours in a particular zone and do not get an atma then I will unsubscribe. I have collected 7 and I am currently 4 hours into Central Shroud so far for maiden. If I drop another 6 hours grinding away and get nothing then I will likely unsub -_-...
    Why would you torture yourself to spend all those hours grinding? If you are going to do it then don't complain but doing that much doesn't necessarily increase the drop chance. I've spent like 20-30 min a day, maybe 2 hours total and I got 1 atma. Not bad at all really. I would totally grind alot more but I dont have the time for it. I'm not going to cry like all the other casuals out there though to cater to my wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Why would you torture yourself to spend all those hours grinding? If you are going to do it then don't complain but doing that much doesn't necessarily increase the drop chance. I've spent like 20-30 min a day, maybe 2 hours total and I got 1 atma. Not bad at all really. I would totally grind alot more but I dont have the time for it. I'm not going to cry like all the other casuals out there though to cater to my wants.
    LOL are people REALLY upset over a grind? Just gives you something to do.

The Atma weapon isn't even really necessary for progression. Just take it slow. Keep in mind you'll have to eventually do 9 books costing 1500 myth apiece and kill over 100 mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    LOL are people REALLY upset over a grind? Just gives you something to do.
    People get upset over silly things. Ever watch the Facebook Comments when FFXIV stuff pops up on your News Feed. There's people actually bitching that this game isn't Free To Play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    People get upset over silly things. Ever watch the Facebook Comments when FFXIV stuff pops up on your News Feed. There's people actually bitching that this game isn't Free To Play.
    Dude the amount of crap we get got my friend to stop bitching..

This game has given us pre expansion grade patches twice probably gonna keep at it too...

This game....SHOULD NEVER go f2p at least as long as they keep it up. Best deal on the market IMO...

The Atma weapon isn't even really necessary for progression. Just take it slow. Keep in mind you'll have to eventually do 9 books costing 1500 myth apiece and kill over 100 mobs.
    I can take it slow. I could spread the grind over a month. I am just saying if after grinding at central shroud over a month for another total of 6 hours and get nothing then I will unsub. I take this game slowly enough. It is the fact that I had a late start on the game and I went through a lot of crap to finally get my ilvl up to 80 and able to pug things. Now patch 2.2 is out and people instantly raised ilvl requirement to 85 for even leviathan... A weapon IS necessary for progression for me because I need that ilvl boost. I maybe grind ~400 myth and ~120 soldier tokens a week so it is pretty difficult to raise my ilvl. I prefer killing harder things than facerolling through new dungeons in 15min for more myth/soldier tokens.

And what is this 1500 myth a piece for book and kill over 100 mobs o.O? Is that what is required after atma...?

I can take it slow. I could spread the grind over a month. I am just saying if after grinding at central shroud over a month for another total of 6 hours and get nothing then I will unsub. I take this game slowly enough. It is the fact that I had a late start on the game and I went through a lot of crap to finally get my ilvl up to 80 and able to pug things. Now patch 2.2 is out and people instantly raised ilvl requirement to 85 for even leviathan... A weapon IS necessary for progression for me because I need that ilvl boost. I maybe grind ~400 myth and ~120 soldier tokens a week so it is pretty difficult to raise my ilvl. I prefer killing harder things than facerolling through new dungeons in 15min for more myth/soldier tokens.

And what is this 1500 myth a piece for book and kill over 100 mobs o.O? Is that what is required after atma...?
    Yes. The stats on the weapon don't actually go up when you get the 12 Zodiac stones including the weapon damage, which makes it super moot. The only way the stats increase is through those books. Each book boosts the stats by 2 or something, up to 9 books, and I think 5 are available atm. So even though the weapon goes up to 100, the stats don't actually go up, which is why it's not necessary for progression.

As a personal note, I don't understand most pugs. I take i75/i80's through coil farming runs all the time because those are mostly the people that need gear. At least there's no lockouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. The stats on the weapon don't actually go up when you get the 12 Zodiac stones including the weapon damage, which makes it super moot. The only way the stats increase is through those books. Each book boosts the stats by 2 or something, up to 9 books, and I think 5 are available atm. So even though the weapon goes up to 100, the stats don't actually go up, which is why it's not necessary for progression.

As a personal note, I don't understand most pugs. I take i75/i80's through coil farming runs all the time because those are mostly the people that need gear. At least there's no lockouts.
    Really the problem is the communities at end game in ALOT of mmos..This whole elitist mentality has become worse over time as well as "better then you" thought processes.

I normally have 2 sets of gears, a set of ilvl gear and a set of actual gear that I use after I join (the gears that I actually use after joining is ilvl 77). So the ilvl 100 weapon can have 0 stats and it will still be immensely helpful to me. If NPC sell ilvl 100 white gear with no stats then I will def buy them all so I can join pugs.

I don't know what's up with Coerul. The pugs on the server all require 85 now a days. I am worried that by the time I get my ilvl to 85 then the requirement would be upped to 90 -_-... Another funny thing is, when I host my own pugs, people refuse to join when I set ilvl to anything less than 80. I would start a garuda EX at 73 and I will be the only one sitting there. Another person starts an ilvl 85 garuda EX after me and fill up really quickly. As a result, I started making groups that require ilvl 80 and the groups will fill up. It is sad but it is what's going on in Coerul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try out a different server, and give a couple of FCs a try. I am on the US server Exodus and feel pretty much the opposite. There are always people helping one another out, rezzing you if you need it, helping down difficult fates, etc. It really could just be your server.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But unfortunately the community in-game seem to be the most anti-social of all MMORPG's (and I have played many). It isn't so much rudeness but more a lack of communication! I'm now lvl 16 and once seen anybody talk beyond the occasional ad... Nobody answers questions, nobody offers help, nobody assists in kills despite the fact it would benefit them to and generally it gives a isolated feel for new players...

Perhaps I am simply unlucky on my EU server... but the lack of a community feel really doesn't inspire me to invest further £££ which is a shame because it has so much potential
    You're super unlucky. I'm on Balmung (US-Legacy), and people are fairly helpful and friendly for the most part. My only problem is getting a good group for Titan Extreme but I'm assuming every server is like that.

Honestly, the community is a good reason why I'm enjoying XIV over WoW significantly more.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

This game has one of the most non-toxic communities I've ever seen in an MMO. There are times when it can be not so helpful, but I've never seen it be outright mean. Sad part is many people just want fast farming runs and therefore exclude lower ilevel players for that stuff, but that isn't mean to me, that's just exclusive....which can be negative but it also gives players something to strive for.

The other option is don't wait for the community to come to you. Start up your own Party Finder group, create an FC or join on you like. Don't call the community anti-social when you're (general you, not specific) not trying to make friends either.

I'm guilty of this too, I won't actively go out and look for people who need help. I'll move along doing my own thing farming Myth and/ or Soldiery working on my own goal but if someone asks for something that I can pretty easily do I'll talk to them and help them out. But you're not going to find me in a town just sitting their shouting "Anyone need any help?" because I do have more productive things to do than just sitting there waiting for someone who needs help to show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This game has one of the most non-toxic communities I've ever seen in an MMO. There are times when it can be not so helpful, but I've never seen it be outright mean. Sad part is many people just want fast farming runs and therefore exclude lower ilevel players for that stuff, but that isn't mean to me, that's just exclusive....which can be negative but it also gives players something to strive for.

The other option is don't wait for the community to come to you. Start up your own Party Finder group, create an FC or join on you like. Don't call the community anti-social when you're (general you, not specific) not trying to make friends either.

I'm guilty of this too, I won't actively go out and look for people who need help. I'll move along doing my own thing farming Myth and/ or Soldiery working on my own goal but if someone asks for something that I can pretty easily do I'll talk to them and help them out. But you're not going to find me in a town just sitting their shouting "Anyone need any help?" because I do have more productive things to do than just sitting there waiting for someone who needs help to show up.
    For the most part from what I've seen, XIV is the most unhelpful 'elitist' community I've ever seen. I have no idea why so many people are elitist, considering how the majority of gear and progression can be done with PuGs/grinding.

XI's community definitely hasn't come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    XI's community definitely hasn't come across.
    From the stories I've heard, both from independent sources and my FC, that's a good thing, LOL.

There's a lot of the same crap you find in any MMO community, but there's also plenty of decent people if you care to look. It just takes a bit of networking. That's just human society for you, off or online.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.