Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Don't you HATE the sound of a motorcycle revving up?

You know what I'm talking about. That little vroom vroom sound which leads to a ear deafeningly violent screech afterwards.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but it's like my old roomate's sex life. Yeah the noises get on your nerves but who could get that mad over something that lasts 4 seconds?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    i hate all vehicles doing it. these people a few doors down do it nearly every day, just sit int heir car in the drive way and rev the engine, and then don't drive anywhere.

so yes, it does annoy me. well depends where, in a housing area, no need for it excessively, on the main road, don't care.

Having owned bikes, it's actually one of the best noises ever. However, what you're describing sounds more like douchebags who happen to own bikes.

I like the sound of a harley

Deleted
    I love the sound of the big bikes, but mopeds and small bikes sound like a jam jar full of angry wasps.

No, I rather enjoy the sound of motorcycles, all of them from 2 stroke to big v-twins or inline sport bike engines. The louder the better. Loud pipes save lives.

I might be biased because I grew up with bikes.

Also riding next to an asshat who is talking on a cell phone and revving extra loud until they hang up, turn or slowdown to get away is a terrific feeling.

Deleted
    I enjoy it. Don't ride myself but my father does so I grew up in that environment and had lots of fun.

Deleted
    I have been around motorcycles all of my life. Raced motocross on 65's 85's and a little of 125's; and to me the sound of that engine is music to my ears!

Depends on the engine. Just like with cars.

Deleted
    Nope, I love the sound of bikes.
    From the screeching of a Japanese crotch rocket such a a ZZR , to the Purring of a big Honda Goldwing, there is no sound like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Depends on the engine. Just like with cars.
    this.....some of them sound great otheres sound like like shit

I only hate the Harley noises, they're so loud and grinding as to be obnoxious as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Having had a Motorcycle since I was 19 I am going to say no.

Harleys are overpriced pieces of noisy garbage.

Occasionally. Neighbor of mine used to go out around six in the morning, and just rev his engine for about twenty minutes. That was annoying. Did the same thing with his truck, which was significantly louder.

He ultimately moved out and a friendly, attractive Chilean woman moved in, so I abandoned my plan to leave a pack of thallium laced cola bottles on his porch.

10+ Year Old Account

I think this episode of southpark explains my stance on motorcycle noises

Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    this.....some of them sound great otheres sound like like shit
    This'er.

The sound of an engine revving is actually a whole concert of different sounds from the valve train all the way down to the crank shaft and out through the exhaust.

Different components make for different sounds and the right engine build is the difference between Beethoven's ninth and a broken, up side down kanye west album being hit with a cat in heat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Harleys are overpriced pieces of noisy garbage.
    Agreed, especially the new models.. huge capacity engines that somehow sound like a 250cc at 10k rpm. I've always liked Triumphs for the sound.