Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Let's see; I own a Motorbike (ER6F / Ninja 650) had 6 bikes prior and I can say: I like most, but dislike scooters with bored exhausts, and most harleys. The sounds of both of those are things I dislike.

-Grim

I hate smaller underbone motorcycles. Where I live 80% of the population is driving one. Their sound is driving me nuts, especially in the night.

Deleted
    the sound is not the worst part. when a bike rides by and I inhale the fumes I know what hell must feel like.

15+ Year Old Account
    nope its a great sound but crotch rockets sound like shit
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Occasionally. Neighbor of mine used to go out around six in the morning, and just rev his engine for about twenty minutes. That was annoying. Did the same thing with his truck, which was significantly louder.
    Hah. I'm in the same situation, except it continues to this day.

Personally I like the sound. I think it's one of those things you can better appreciate driving it though.

I like the sound of motorcycles. What I despise is the sound of a car with a muffler designed for nothing other than being loud.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the sound bikes make when they go fast. Absolutely freaks me out because when I was 5 some idiots on bikes were racing and one decided my family car was a ramp he should ride up at 100mph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely loud vehicles be they Trucks, Cars, or motorcycles should be ticketed. Nothing is worse than being outside and having one of these assholes in their loud vehicles come by.

I kinda like obnoxiously loud vehicles, especially when army jets fly over my house, its loud as f***, you can't tell if its a airplane or a missile, until it passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    You know what I'm talking about. That little vroom vroom sound which leads to a ear deafeningly violent screech afterwards.
    I have a Ducati that purrs like a kitten. But yes, I know what you're talking about.

Nope, it's a sound that I quite enjoy, from nearly any motorcycle. Now, ricer cars with their coffee can exhausts? Those annoy me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Extremely loud vehicles be they Trucks, Cars, or motorcycles should be ticketed. Nothing is worse than being outside and having one of these assholes in their loud vehicles come by.
    this is just an asinine comment who are you to say they should be able to have their vehicles as loud as they want there is nothing illegal about it
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    this is just an asinine comment who are you to say they should be able to have their vehicles as loud as they want there is nothing illegal about it
    Yes there is. If there wasn't my acura wouldn't get tickets for loud exhaust. It may vary by state, not sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yes there is. If there wasn't my acura wouldn't get tickets for loud exhaust. It may vary by state, not sure.
    we'll if it was law here my dad would get a ticket anytime he goes out on his Bike cause the pipes on his are fucking loud
    Get your shit together

Especially when they insist on parking the damn thing right below my window and vroom it a bit before leaving in the morning. Ah, the life of a second shift worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Especially when they insist on parking the damn thing right below my window and vroom it a bit before leaving in the morning. Ah, the life of a second shift worker.
    Hate it when they vroom it.

Deleted
    Yes I do. The council saw fit to install a raised area (bumps) with a special surface supposedly designed as a "slow" zone. The problem with it is that the same idiot every night ~2am comes along and revs a little way down the street, then speeds and skids around that area for a bit because it's yellow so he can leave noticeable skid-marks. One day I hope he splits himself in half on a nearby signpost, the cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    we'll if it was law here my dad would get a ticket anytime he goes out on his Bike cause the pipes on his are fucking loud
    yea boi, BRAPPPPPP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    You know what I'm talking about. That little vroom vroom sound which leads to a ear deafeningly violent screech afterwards.
    Depends on the bike. If it's like my newish neighbor and his has a normal sounding one and when he gets on it, he actually leaves pretty soon after... I can deal.

On the other hand, and same goes for those stupid little cars, the ones that are made to sound far louder or stupider than normal and they like to just sit there and make noise for far too long before actually leaving... Yeah, I pretty much want to kill something. I find the cars to be worse offenders though, at least where I am. (Had to put up with a neighbor on the other side of us for FAR too many years, my patience for it is gone.) In either case, I figure it's some twit who didn't get enough attention as a child.

Far as bikes go, pisses me off more to hear some noisy monstrosity go past at 2am and loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood. I mean nice, real nice. Some people might actually be trying to sleep for work or school in a few hours, jackass. Need to play sniper with their tires as the target.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-02-23 at 03:54 AM.