Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktillum View Post
    snip
    Don't know you, don't wanna know you, but from your attitude I can only say "you deserved it". Hope the guy never repays the debt.

You leave him with the money.

I know, it sucks, but the world we live in right now is one where one person has huge power to start a campaign of shittalk over virtually nothing. Small companies have been ruined simply because they pursued people who owed money. Some people really are that petty and nuts. They'll waste hours and hours and HOURS writing and creating blogs to discredit you, write phony reviews, LOADS of stuff. All because they refuse to pay you 50$ that they owe you, and you had the audacity to demand what you were owed. So, that's really all you can do. Smile as you realize that the little cretin got away with 50$, and you become a success. At the end of the day, petty scammers like this will never amount to anything in life. You can, if you work hard.

Deleted
    Just let it go,

If you don't have money problems, don't stress out because of that. Also, his life is allready a mess and he probably pay for his attitudes in the future.

Let Go Of Frustration with Yourself/Your Life

1. Learn a new skill instead of dwelling on the skills you never mastered.

2. Change your perception—see the root cause as a blessing in disguise.

3. Cry it out. According to Dr. William Frey II, PH.D., biochemist at the Ramset Medical Center in Minneapolis, crying away your negative feelings releases harmful chemicals that build up in your body due to stress.

4. Channel your discontent into an immediate positive action—make some calls about new job opportunities, or walk to the community center to volunteer.

5. Use meditation or yoga to bring you into the present moment (instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future).

6. Make a list of your accomplishments—even the small ones— and add to it daily. You’ll have to let go of a little discontentment to make space for this self-satisfaction.

7. Visualize a box in your head labeled “Expectations.” Whenever you start dwelling on how things should be or should have been, mentally shelve the thoughts in this box.

8. Engage in a physical activity. Exercise decreases stress hormones and increases endorphins, chemicals that improve your state of mind.

9. Focus all your energy on something you can actually control instead of dwelling on things you can’t.

10. Express your feelings through a creative outlet, like blogging or painting. Add this to your to-do list and cross it off when you’re done. This will be a visual reminder that you have actively chosen to release these feelings.

Let go of Anger and Bitterness

11. Feel it fully. If you stifle your feelings, they may leak out and affect everyone around you—not just the person who inspired your anger. Before you can let go of any emotion, you have to feel it fully.

12. Give yourself a rant window. Let yourself vent for a day before confronting the person who troubled you. This may diffuse the hostility and give you time to plan a rational confrontation.

13. Remind yourself that anger hurts you more than the person who upset you, and visualize it melting away as an act of kindness to yourself.

14. If possible, express your anger to the person who offended you. Communicating how you feel may help you move on. Keep in mind that you can’t control how the offender responds; you can only control how clearly and kindly you express yourself.

15. Take responsibility. Many times when you’re angry, you focus on what someone else did that was wrong, which essentially gives away your power. When you focus on what you could have done better, you often feel empowered and less bitter.

16. Put yourself in the offender’s shoes. We all make mistakes, and odds are you could have easily slipped up just like your husband, father, or friend did. Compassion dissolves anger.

17. Metaphorically throw it away. For example, jog with a backpack full of tennis balls. After you’ve built up a bit of rush, toss the balls one by one, labeling each as a part of your anger. (You’ll need to retrieve these—litter angers the earth!)

18. Use a stress ball, and express your anger physically and vocally when you use it. Make a scrunched up face or grunt. You may feel silly, but this allows you to actually express what you’re feeling inside.

19. Wear a rubber band on your wrist and gently flick it when you start obsessing on angry thoughts. This trains your mind to associate that type of persistent negativity with something unpleasant.

20. Remind yourself these are your only three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it. These acts create happiness; holding onto bitterness never does.

Let Go Of Past Relationships

21. Identify what the experience taught you to help develop a sense of closure.

22. Write everything you want to express in a letter. Even if you choose not to send it, clarifying your feelings will help you come to terms with reality as it is now.

23. Remember both the good and the bad. Even if appears this way now, the past was not perfect. Acknowledging this may minimize your sense of loss. As Laura Oliver says, “It’s easier to let go of a human than a hero.”

24. Un-romanticize the way you view love. Of course you’ll feel devastated if you believe you lost your soul mate. If you think you can find a love that amazing or better again, it will be easier to move on.

25. Visualize an empowered single you—the person you were before meeting your last love. That person was pretty awesome, and now you have the chance to be him or her again.

26. Create a space that reflects your present reality. Take down his pictures; delete her emails from your saved folder.

27. Reward yourself for small acts of acceptance. Get a facial after you delete his number from your phone, or head out with friends after putting all her things in a box.

28. Hang this statement somewhere you can see it. “Loving myself means letting go.”

29. Replace your emotional thoughts with facts. When you think, “I’ll never feel loved again!” don’t resist that feeling. Instead, move on to another thought, like “I learned a new song for karaoke tonight.”

30. Use the silly voice technique. According to Russ Harris, author of The Happiness Trap, swapping the voice in your head with a cartoon voice will help take back power from the troubling thought.

Let Go Of Stress

31. Use a deep breathing technique, like ujayii, to soothe yourself and seep into the present moment.

32. Immerse yourself in a group activity. Enjoying the people in your life may help put your problems in perspective.

33. Consider this quotation by Eckhart Tolle: “Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.” Questioning how your stress serves you may help you let it go.

34. Metaphorically release it. Write down all your stresses and toss the paper into your fireplace.

35. Replace your thoughts. Notice when you begin thinking about something that stresses you so you can shift your thought process to something more pleasant, like your passion for your hobby.

36. Take a sauna break. Studies reveal that people who go to sauna at least twice a week for ten to thirty minutes are less stressed after work than others with similar jobs who don’t.

37. Imagine your life ten years from now. Then look twenty years into the future, and then thirty. Realize that many of the things you’re worrying about don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

38. Organize your desk. According to Georgia Witkin, assistant director of psychiatry at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, completing a small task increases your sense of control and decreases your stress level.

39. Use it up. Make two lists: one with the root causes of your stress and one with actions to address them. As you complete these tasks, visualize yourself utilizing and depleting your “stress supply.”

40. Laugh it out. Research shows that laughter soothes tension, improves your immune system, and even eases pain. If you can’t relax for long, start with just ten minutes watching a funny video on YouTube.

Deleted
    I'd get my money back, one way or another. I'm a whimp though, so I'd do it legally somehow.

Is parking your car outside someone's house for several days illegal?

You do have yourself to blame though. 4 days? Come on.

Deleted
    So I'm a nice guy, I gave one of my workers an 800 dollar advance because his landlord was threatening to evict him. He had only been working with me for 4 days but I knew him through a friendly acquiantance so I trusted him. Anyways to make the long story short he made up some story the next day about having to go to the hospital and ended up making about a half dozen promises to pay after that all the while never being able to come back to work again. I finally threatened him and told him I'd be over with a buddy to kick his door in and take his T.V as collateral until he could come up with what he owed me. He went all squidly on me and called the police and police contacted me and told me not to do anything illegal.

I feel bad because he has 2 daughers and a wife and I don't want them being frightened but at the same time I feel I need to have self respect and get back whats mine. He has shown me disrespect time and time again by making me drive places where he said he would be meeting me to pay me back and literally wasted hours of my time now just having to deal with his spineless behaviour. It's now been over 6 months, I took the last few months off to go on vacation and am now back in town. I went to his house and his mom answered the door and said he was out of town in the hospital. Convenient, he's had some sort of bs excuse about 20 times now but I figured what can I do? I'm not gonna break into his house while his moms babysitting his two daughters. I got home and he phoned me right away making another promise to pay a week from that date (which was yesterday). No phone calls all week, his phone has been off for two days so I show up at his house again, today. I pumped some tunes before I got there and made sure I was nice and revved up, I have had enough of his bs so I was ready to throw down. His wife answered the door said he was still out of town in the hospital and that she would call the cops on me if I didn't leave right away. I told her "i'm trying to be civil, this is ridiculous, tell your husband he needs to deal with this". She got all bitchy and I could see this wasn't going to turn out in any way positive so I left right away. Now I'm a man of principle and this really gets to me. I've never been jerked around this badly and I feel like just "letting it go" will haunt me. What to do....decisions.....decisions....
    Jesus fuck, you psychopath.
    Give me your Paypal I'll give you back the $800.
    Just leave the guy alone, he seems to have problems already.

Deleted
    I'm Nigerian prince and i need to transfer large sum of money. I need some deposit first so i know i can trust you. You will get 5% of my 10mil after we're done with the transfer.

Aktillum will you lend me 5000USD so we can get started?

I must say I am surprised at the amount of people who have taken the opinion that I deserved to get ripped off for trying to do an altruistic act while expecting that the terms of the verbal agreement would be kept. While this is a small sampling of people, the lesson I learned from this post is that we are a society of mistrustful individuals who have no faith in the goodness of each other. I personally will not let this jade me in the least, I will continue to promote morality and values and seek to teach and educate principle when I have the chance. I challenge every person who said I deserved to get ripped off for believing a man at his word to examine his/her stance and think about what that means for the future of the human race if every man/woman were to adopt that stance.
    And nobody mentioned the bolded part? It's very much in line with everything you post...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm a nice guy, I gave one of my workers an 800 dollar advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktillum
    I paid him cash, I own a roofing company and did not invoice him that day.
    So did you lend him money or did you give him a payroll advance?

Question: What kind of a business owner pays his employees in cash, sometimes accounts for it and sometimes doesn't?

Answer: One who is paying his employees illegally.

I may have missed this in one of the 11 pages, but did you make him sign a document saying you tended him money and he had to pay you back by a certain date? If you didn't you are screwed, technically you have a verbal agreement, however verbal agreements are very difficult to prove in court and it is very unlikely that you would be able to pursue him legally.

If you decide to break into his place to take his TV as collateral (or anything for that matter) he WILL have legal ground to sue you and you WILL lose. As other have said you are best off just learning a lesson from this, you can continue to try to hound him for the money, but that is about all your can do. If he moves away and you loose track of him there is pretty much nothing you can do.

When I was quite a bit younger I had a similar situation happen to me, I lent money to someone I thought I could trust, I ended up being about 40% of that money back, (which looking back on it I was surprised I was able to get). I looked into what I could do and there was pretty much nothing as I had no binding contract in writing.

Neither nice guys nor mean guys lend people money without signing a legally binding contract. Luckily for me I'm not a nice guy, so I don't worry about issues like this.

well, rather then telling you what you could have done (you know that already, so no need to put more stress on you), all i could tell you is that this sucks.
    There are little chances to get your money back the legal way, if you know what i mean.
    I hate people like that, I've had similar issues with another person.
    All i could tell you is swallow it up and move on and try to forget about it, as shitty as this sounds its the only LEGAL way mate.
    Hard lesson indeed, that's what good people get for being good, then we questions ourselves in what world we live in..