High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

planning to do a mini/micro atx build but need help...

hey guys. as the title are suggesting i am currently planning on doing a mini/micro atx build but have never done it before. i have been looking at the BitFenix Phenom M case , but i am unsure witch parts fits in that case, and how limitied i would be when it comes to cooling. i have made an list of parts that i think will fit , so if you guys could check it and give me pointers i would have appreciated it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: Samsung EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)
    Case: BitFenix Phenom M Midnight Black MicroATX Mini Tower Case
    Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan
    Power Supply: Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

this is what i have so far, but would have loved some feedback

Deleted
    All the parts look like they should fit... Only thing I'm unsure about is dual 780's. Max GPU length for the case is 330mm if you remove the HDD cage. I think you could fit two.. But hopefully someone else could confirm.

As for cooling the case does okay. Check this review for some cooling benchmarks: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...henom-review/2

Dual GPU might get warm but with your liquid CPU cooler and extra fans I'm sure that's more than enough.

It's a good looking case, hopefully the build all works

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiousity.. what is the intention with this build? It looks like you just picked a lot of the most expensive parts.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It looks like you just picked a lot of the most expensive parts.
    Gonna have to agree with this little bit.

Also
    Out of curiousity.. what is the intention with this build?
    Knowing this would be immensely helpful in gauging how to judge the build.

My 2 cents :
    A 1TB SSD is not a good idea(If your putting that much crap on a SSD, your using a SSD incorrectly), 250gb is standard, 500gb is pushing it. You really don't want to be using it as storage(which i can only guess that is the reason for choosing the 1tb) at all, that is what your secondary drives should be for(And the WD Blue/Seagate Barracuda are perfect for that, a WD Black is usually used when a SSD is a bit out of the price range or you need the storage space + something a bit faster than a Blue/Barracuda). A Platinum-rated PSU is a complete waste unless it is similarly priced to a ~Gold-rated equivalent.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.