Need a new headset, help please!

Hey guys! So stupidly I may have tripped over my first gen Razer Charcharias and ripped an inner ear chord and now it's broken. I bought a replacement, but all Razer offers now is the piece of shit 360/PC version of the Charcharias; I immediatly took it back and am looking for a replacement. My only wants are:

1: Only use mm jacks. Every USB headset I have had sucks and I can't switch back and forth from my speakers to headset with USB headsets.

2: Prince range is around 60, you're welcome to try to convince me of a more expensive headset, but if its over 75, that's an immediate nope.

3: I'm not looking for something that's good for a gamer, but not in professional sound. I want a headset that has good sound quality, but I use the mic A LOT and I need a good one.

If you guys can give me links, names, and/or descriptions of them that would be awesome !

So since you've experienced the shitty audio that is Razer, you're ready to move into the big boys.

Headphones:Sennheiser HD 429
    Microphone:Zalman Clip-On Microphone

Resources: http://www.head-fi.org/
    Review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/senn...adphones-black

Professional sound quality into your ears. Incredible comfort, etc. Sennheiser is one of the most reliable and trusted brand names in the audiophile community. The microphone is also incredibly highly recommended. It's not anything over the top, but if you're using it for computer gaming or mumble, no one is going to notice the difference between a $30 mic or your zalman clip on. It really is superb quality. I've spilled multiple times on mine, and it still works just fine.

One thing. The clip on may not be compatible with the cord that you have. If that's the case, you may have to rig it a little. I used some black electrical tape to hold mine onto the wire.
    Last edited by Exinium; 2014-02-23 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exinium View Post
    So since you've experienced the shitty audio that is Razer, you're ready to move into the big boys. [/url]

Professional sound quality into your ears. Incredible comfort, etc. Sennheiser is one of the most reliable and trusted brand names in the audiophile community. The microphone is also incredibly highly recommended. It's not anything over the top, but if you're using it for computer gaming or mumble, no one is going to notice the difference between a $30 mic or your zalman clip on. It really is superb quality. I've spilled multiple times on mine, and it still works just fine.

One thing. The clip on may not be compatible with the cord that you have. If that's the case, you may have to rig it a little. I used some black electrical tape to hold mine onto the wire.
    Razer Audio isn't shitty; my first generation Carcharias were beautiful and my most absolutly loved headset of all time. It's just that the second generation failed in being for both PC AND 360 (it worked fine on consoles and laptops). Thanks for the information, but unfortunately this set up doesn't work for me personally; I prefer a complete headset with audio and mic together.

Then it's clear you're not going to notice the difference between low quality and high quality audio.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 GAMING HEADSET ESPORTS xXMLGXx

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Exinium; 2014-02-23 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exinium View Post
    Then it's clear you're not going to notice the difference between low quality and high quality audio.

Enjoy.
    I'm not looking for anything in your adaptation of "high quality" audio, if I was looking for that I would of already purchased a good pair of headphones and a desk mic. I'm just looking for something that doesn't sound like im listening to a broken record, has horrible static, has "clear" sound, and a mic where people can hear my own voice clearly. Thanks for the link though.

well logitech came out with a couple new headsets worth a look as well

G230 Headset
    G430 Headset

They both use the mm jacks the 430 has the optional usb dongle for 7.1 surround but that's done very well as an addon not built-in

Quote Originally Posted by mik11231 View Post

They both use the mm jacks the 430 has the optional usb dongle for 7.1 surround but that's done very well as an addon not built-in
    Thank you . Any chance you use squared ear headsets as well? I always found them to look odd and uncomfortable, but I see a lot of em

Can't believe you guys have to pay $119 for Sennheiser PC 320's Would have definitely been the recommendation if you were talking £.

The suggestion of the HD 429 + mic looks awesome though. There's a better "stick on" mic for headphones though I forget the name. That, with those headphones would be amazing. Add a headphone amp later if you want better sound quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I had the Razer Charcharias first gen as well for quite a few years and mine finally died, I did my research on the new gen and agree that it sucks big time... HOWEVER I found that Best Buy still has the old one instock online and for 50$. I was lucky enough that my local store had one left in stock and picked it up same day, as of yesterday they are still instock online for ship to store.

Can't post links but just google Best Buy Razer Charcharias RZ04-00270100-R3U1

Unless you're looking for something new that is, in which case you'll prob end up wanting to spend a little bit more for a nice Turtlebeach or logitec.

EDIT: Easy way to tell the old gen from the new gen is the clip control, old gen is a circle new gen is more of an oval.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mik11231 View Post

G230 Headset
    G430 Headset

I'd stay the hell away from these, the sound quality is sublime but it looks like they have the same weak spot as the G35 where the ear pads connect to the headband. Prone to breaking off at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ReigaK92 View Post
    Thank you . Any chance you use squared ear headsets as well? I always found them to look odd and uncomfortable, but I see a lot of em
    I've used the G35's for 2 years and they have the same shape for the cups, very comfy they fit just right for me and the 430's and 230's are even better because the material they use lets the ears breathe better and not get as hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'd stay the hell away from these, the sound quality is sublime but it looks like they have the same weak spot as the G35 where the ear pads connect to the headband. Prone to breaking off at that point.
    had the G35's for 2 years not had an issue i guess if you abuse them they may break faster than other headsets but i use them daily for 8+ hours and they have not shown any sight of breakage around weak spot. I know it's there i read the reviews about it before i bought them but was never an issue for me. I'd say they're a safe buy.

I broke my Charcharias last week too, bought a logitech G230 and to me it sounds better than my old Charcharias and is a lot cheaper too.

Deleted
    i am using those atm and work perfect (usb tho):
    http://www.amazon.com/Genius-GX-Gami...ords=cavimanus

10+ Year Old Account
    pro5mk2 on par with the audio technica m50 but better priced and slightly suited more for bass

Sennheiser P151. You won't regret it. Built like a tank, excellent sound, lasts forever (first one I bought lasted 7 years).

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-.../dp/B000NOR89Y

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    The suggestion of the HD 429 + mic looks awesome though. There's a better "stick on" mic for headphones though I forget the name. That, with those headphones would be amazing. Add a headphone amp later if you want better sound quality.
    The better Stick on Mic:
    http://www.modmic.com/

I use this with my HD598's, good mic AND you have freedom of choice when it comes to headphones!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Fatal1ty

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...d54d4ac0e2en02

They are awesome !
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood