10+ Year Old Account

tips for Heroic Malkorok

My guild is starting progression on heroic Malkorok and would like to know any tips for tanking him, I'm in the progress of switching mains from shadow priest to warrior and would love any tips and extra information about this encounter you can offer.

this is my armoury any tips on this would be a big help also, I have Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal in bags with the ability to upgrade if its better than my current trinkets

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tshield/simple

Since you don't have the cooldown reduction trinket, and you are a warrior, this was the macro I used to use for surviving Blood Rage. Try and get the cooldown reduction trinket asap though.

Hit it at the start, drop the banner at my feet. After 5 seconds I'll rightclick it and it covers the 20 seconds pretty well.

I use
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [btn:2,@OFFTANKNAME]Vigilance
    /use [btn:2]item:102296
    /use [btn:2]Healthstone
    /use [btn:2]Rallying Cry
    /use [combat]Potion of the Mountains
    /use Shield Wall
    /use Demoralizing Shout
    /use Last Stand
    /use Demoralizing Banner
    /dbm timer 5 5
    Also this addon helped our guild a lot: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/malkorok-helper

Make sure you tell everyone to close the addon and open it again to disable the "AI" mode which is screwy on 10-man. Have someone trustworthy mark the map for everyone.

After targetting the boss type:

/mal close
    /mal
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-02-23 at 02:19 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

not really hard to survive it solo, pop a big cd at the start and chain whatever you have left the second it ends and you should easily survive, even without major cds you should only be taking 3-400k hits every sec so 2 healers spamming you should be sufficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Since you don't have the cooldown reduction trinket, and you are a warrior, this was the macro I used to use for surviving Blood Rage. Try and get the cooldown reduction trinket asap though.

Hit it at the start, drop the banner at my feet. After 5 seconds I'll rightclick it and it covers the 20 seconds pretty well.

I use
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [btn:2,@OFFTANKNAME]Vigilance
    /use [btn:2]item:102296
    /use [btn:2]Rallying Cry
    /use Shield Wall
    /use Demoralizing Shout
    /use Last Stand
    /use Demoralizing Banner
    /dbm timer 5 5
    Also this addon helped our guild a lot: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/malkorok-helper

Make sure you tell everyone to close the addon and open it again to disable the "AI" mode which is screwy on 10-man. Have someone trustworthy mark the map for everyone.

After targetting the boss type:

/mal close
    /mal
    thanks for the tips if i was able to get CD Flex trinket before I raid would it be worth trading it out ?

Yeah even the Flex one is good for this fight to make Last Stand usable for both phases. (They are 2:50 apart).

If you have the trinket you can use a better macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [btn:2,@OTNAME]Vigilance
    /use [btn:2]Rook's Unlucky Talisman
    /use Shield Wall
    /use Last Stand
    /use Demoralizing Shout
    /use Demoralizing Banner
    /dbm timer 5 5
    Also 4pc Tier bonus helps a lot to keep the rage coming in to spam Shield Barrier.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-02-23 at 03:19 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

What is your raid's comp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    What is your raid's comp?
    Tanks: Warrior/Monk
    Healers: Resto Shammy/Disc + we have pala as 3rd if we need
    DPS: Boomy,Lock,DK,Mage,Rogue,Shadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoy View Post
    Tanks: Warrior/Monk
    Healers: Resto Shammy/Disc + we have pala as 3rd if we need
    DPS: Boomy,Lock,DK,Mage,Rogue,Shadow
    Hey bud, congrats on your progress first of all

I use the following Trinkets: Vial of Living Corruption & Rook's Unlucky Talisman

As he is about to finish casting Bloodrage, pop your last stand and shield wall. When your Shield Wall is about to go down, pop Demo Shout and Rook's Unlucky Talisman, Keep using your rage on Shield Barriers, When your Last stand is about to drop, pop Rallying Cry and Demo Banner, When your Rallying Cry is about to drop, ask for Pain Suppression and any external cooldowns.

With you using your rage on Shield Barrier, you should come out just fine

You also have the following to help:
    Monk - Zen Meditation (Glyphed so he can move ofc!) Make sure he moves out of the cleave zone before he finishes channeling Zen Meditaion
    Death Knight - Ati-Magic Zone

Hope this helps!

If you have access to a monk tank you can have him solo soak the blood rage, on 10 man it is extremely easy even without mastery gearing.

The Cool-down Reduction Trinket Brings Fortifying brew down to line up with Blood rage.

Fort Brew on top Rooks Unlucky Talisman, and the last 5 seconds without Rooks up can be soaked with Zen- Meditation

This works for every single Blood Rage, in addition he will have so much vengeance that Xuen will hit like a truck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the great information guys we managed to kill it tonight after around 2 hours of wiping to pools, our monk tank was able just to solo tank it so I just used cool downs to help clear orbs

Thanks for the great information guys we managed to kill it tonight after around 2 hours of wiping to pools, our monk tank was able just to solo tank it so I just used cool downs to help clear orbs

Sorry I didn't get back to this thread, but as soon as I saw a Monk tank this was going to be my suggestion. Grats on the kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grats on the kill bud