Thread: [TV] Heroes

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

[TV] Heroes

Remember these guys?

Well as you all know the show got cancelled in 2010 and recently there were rumors of Heroes being rebooted by MSN for XBox but then suddenly we heard nothing about it...until now.

NBC just uploaded this on their YouTube channel:

EDIT:

NBC used Saturday’s primetime Olympics coverage to announce that Heroes is coming back with a new miniseries.

A press release was issued right after the commercial made the initial announcement on television.

Heroes Reborn is set to make its debut in 2015 as an “event miniseries” with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring in charge of its rebirth. The show has a 13-episode order.

“The enormous impact ‘Heroes’ had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke in a press release.

She continued, “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

Before Heroes Reborn’s premiere, NBC will launch a digital series that will “introduce the characters and new story lines.”

Heroes ran on NBC from 2006 – 2010.
    The article: http://www.hypable.com/2014/02/22/he...-announcement/
    Official site: http://www.nbc.com/heroes
    IMDB page for those who haven't seen it before: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/

Superbowl ad:

Teaser #1:

Teaser #2:

Official Trailer:

Official synopsis:
    The Supernatural phenomenon begins again with a fresh crop of inspiring heroes who take on the ultimate struggle between those with extraordinary abilities and those with nefarious motives to hunt and harness their powers. Epic adventures await these newly empowered allies as they cross paths with some of the original characters, unlocking the mysterious fate of the universe and their place within it.
    Comic-Con 2015 Panel:

The Heroes App they're talking about on the panel:
    http://www.nbc.com/heroes-reborn/app

2015-02-02, 02:25 AM Edit: Superbowl ad! HYPE
    2015-07-14, 03:38 AM Edit: Promos and Trailers added
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2015-07-14 at 01:51 AM.

She continued, “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”
    I'm happy whether or not they include the old cast really, but having them "pop" back in would certainly be a happy surprise.

OMG I SO EXCITE!

A few of the regulars have big roles on other shows now so they might not have time to doa heroes remake. Although if it's a miniseries they might be able to squeeze it in. Either way I'm excited

Deleted
    The first season was good until the let down of a season finale, then it all went downhill from there.

They should really just start again with a brand new cast and better characters.

Eh, guess I should finish watching it at some point. My sister met the cheerleader last summer, said her boyfriend was kinda odd.

The biggest reason the show went downhill after first season was because of the writers's strike, let's hope there's no such thing this time around. I wouldn't mind seeing new characters but honestly I'm gonna need my dose of Sylar and Peter every now and then so they better make a cameo or two!

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    The biggest reason the show went downhill after first season was because of the writers's strike, let's hope there's no such thing this time around. I wouldn't mind seeing new characters but honestly I'm gonna need my dose of Sylar and Peter every now and then so they better make a cameo or two!

Sylar got old super quick. One of the reasons why I quit watching it in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could be good I mean there are ALOT of shows which deserve reboot/restarts more... But heroes was pretty good, I am excite.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Very excited about this. Im watching the original Heroes now on Netflix. Nearing the end of season 3. People said that heroes was bad after the first season, but even the 2nd and 3rd seasons were better then 90% of scifi shows today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Very excited about this. Im watching the original Heroes now on Netflix. Nearing the end of season 3. People said that heroes was bad after the first season, but even the 2nd and 3rd seasons were better then 90% of scifi shows today.
    Yeah, exactly. I might re-watch it sometime, but have absolutely no time for it at the moment.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The last season that had Robert Knepper in it was an improvement, but the series ended on a note that suggested some cool future stories and nothing came of it. This short revival could go either way.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    needs quinto and cabrera

Bring back the writer from season one, or one of equal calibre, and bring in all new characters and perhaps we'll have something.
    I loved season one, 2-4 were pretty terrible in comparison, but still watchable. Though I really only watched it to the end well after it was cancelled and thus I knew it had a set end point.

I'm very on the fence about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    They would be better off going with a totally new cast and story. Originally, if I remember correctly, the plan for the series was to have each new season focus on a totally new group of characters discovering and dealing with their new abilities with maybe cameos from existing characters. That is a hard sell for American TV audiences and studios want recognizable characters to market so that idea was scrapped but the series suffered because of that. The most interesting thing about the series was watching a bunch of ordinary people finding out they have powers and seeing how each one reacts.

So I hope this new miniseries largely sets aside the existing characters and stories in order to get back to what made the first season of the original series entertaining and then if it does become a regular series again, follows that plan for each new season with a brand new cast each time.

Kinda fanboying over this. Can't wait to see what they do differently, this time.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    first season was good, midway through second season i lost all interest. will maybe give it a try.

recently watched through all seasons since i was home sick and they were in the TV library :> Thought it was awsome

ONE!! thing i'm rly wondering is.. whatever happen to kaitlin? you know the girl peter took to the future then he tried to find a way back to her? but it never got explained.. or not so i saw it atleast

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    ONE!! thing i'm rly wondering is.. whatever happen to kaitlin? you know the girl peter took to the future then he tried to find a way back to her? but it never got explained.. or not so i saw it atleast
    stuck in an alternate timeline

kring was never really good with details like that tbh

I'm undecided on this. On the one hand NBC's line-up while having a few hits still needs all the help it can get. On the other had by the time this premieres it will be 5 years since the show last aired. That could be a good thing but I think it might be a bad thing .

Hopefully, this will turn out good though.

Quote Originally Posted by GenaiTN View Post
    stuck in an alternate timeline

kring was never really good with details like that tbh
    So he was all "omg i have to find a way to get back there"
    Then completly forgot about her xD?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz