Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Should Blizzard Connect Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord?

MG and WA are the highest quality RP servers in WoW and are famous throughout the MMORPG community for their qualities. They have several guilds that work on both servers, simply because the two are indubitably the best in RP. As of right now, they share a CRZ but as you know, CRZ only kicks in for certain outdoor questing zones and not in cities or Pandaria (with Draenor likely not having CRZ).

Connecting the two servers would bring together the best RP servers and allow for even greater experience. There have already been many requests for Blizzard to do it. It'd help level off the RP imbalance (MG Horde is RP dominant and WA Alliance is RP dominant).

Your thoughts?

I think so, there should be one main RP server, with the greatest concentration allowed. But you will have server snobs acting like one community has problems the other doesn't and it will get mired in hair splitting if you're not careful. But it's obvious, the number of role players in this game's community can all fit on one server, and we should be concentrated to allow for the greatest amount of random atmospheric RP.

As someone from Cenarion Circle for 9 year, I would miss the old names and clicks, but I'd still see them in the crowd.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    MG and WA are the highest quality RP servers in WoW and are famous throughout the MMORPG community for their qualities. They have several guilds that work on both servers, simply because the two are indubitably the best in RP. As of right now, they share a CRZ but as you know, CRZ only kicks in for certain outdoor questing zones and not in cities or Pandaria (with Draenor likely not having CRZ).

Connecting the two servers would bring together the best RP servers and allow for even greater experience. There have already been many requests for Blizzard to do it. It'd help level off the RP imbalance (MG Horde is RP dominant and WA Alliance is RP dominant).

Your thoughts?
    I can see it being a positive if done correctly, though there could be issues, it would be a fun RP experience.. Also, I find your use of the term quality to be rather cheeky

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd like to see more oceanic realms connected. but that's just me. cause i'm.. oceanic. biased.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'd like to see more oceanic realms connected. but that's just me. cause i'm.. oceanic. biased.
    Hear, hear. Every single update, I eagerly check through the realm lists in the vain hope to see an Oceanic connection, but no luck thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    ^this please

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but as an EU Roleplayer, the only times I've heard about Moon Guard is that it is infamous for ERP. So from my viewpoint, some of what you've said is laughable. It may be a great US server, and may be well known for US players but worldwide as you suggest? Nah.

I understand that isn't the point of the thread, but you are assuming quite a lot. Otherwise, "Big" servers don't usually get CRZ'd together. They'll each more likely connect to your lower populated RP servers.

Edit: Spelling. Not used to a Laptop keyboard :L

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Your thoughts?

Er as an Accordian; FEL NO, it's bad enough that we have to share Goldshire, I don't want them on our server anywhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Er as an Accordian; FEL NO, it's bad enough that we have to share Goldshire, I don't want them on our server anywhere else.
    Lol you know it's funny. I'm a moon guardian myself. And I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the merger.
    The accordian assholes mixed with us moon guard pervets, oh the chaos to ensue...so so so delicious just thinking about it.

Granted my not so chaotic side wishes to believe after the initial guild wars, revived drama issues, guild control icly(that mean in character for you non rpers(moon guard ppl) that true great rp community could form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but as an EU Roleplayer, the only times I've heard about Moon Guard is that it is infamous for ERP. So from my viewpoint, some of what you've said is laughable. It may be a great US server, and may be well known for US players but worldwide as you suggest? Nah.

I understand that isn't the point of the thread, but you are assuming quite a lot. Otherwise, "Big" servers don't usually get CRZ'd together. They'll each more likely connect to your lower populated RP servers.

Edit: Spelling. Not used to a Laptop keyboard :L
    Actually ppl who actually come to try out moon guard do end up saying we have some good Roleplayers, also we do pretty decent in raiding.

I'd unsub and I also know at least 15 other people who'd unsub as they left Moon Guard and went to WrA due to extreme harassment issues.

People play on specific realms for a reason.
    Let the two servers stay as separate as possible - we don't need the mentality clashes and certain people left either realm to get away from certain groups.

The CRZ merge has done no good for me either as it's mostly lead to MG players screaming at me and my friends to leave a zone just because of our realm tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I'd unsub and I also know at least 15 other people who'd unsub as they left Moon Guard and went to WrA due to extreme harassment issues.

People play on specific realms for a reason.
    Let the two servers stay as separate as possible - we don't need the mentality clashes and certain people left either realm to get away from certain groups.

The CRZ merge has done no good for me either as it's mostly lead to MG players screaming at me and my friends to leave a zone just because of our realm tag.
    No you wouldnt. You can complain all you want, but you wouldnt unsub.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord are both regularly full. I don't see any reason we need to be connected--you'd have a stronger arguing point for attaching the less-populated servers like Sisters of Elune.

edit: I also have to wonder at WRA being Alliance-dominant in the RP scene. I've played both factions on that server since March 2008 (2009? I can't remember offhand when WotLK was launched), give or take, and I can tell you that RP is much easier to break into Hordeside than it is on the Alliance, to the point that I'm strongly considering moving my three Alliance 90s back to the Horde just to get some RP on them. Alliance RP seems to have the same problem Alliance RP on Sisters of Elune did when I left that server--very difficult for someone to break into without already knowing people.
    Last edited by Thage; 2014-02-23 at 04:13 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I know people playing on WrA (one of them posted here.) It would completly destroy their community. Very, very bad idea.

NOOOOO! As someone who plays on Wyrmrest Accord, we actually have small queues sometimes. I'm sure Moon Guard has even more. If they merged the two, along with the horrible community of Moon Guard, we'd have extreme queues.

If they're going to connect us with anything give us Sentinels or Farstriders, poor dead realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord are both regularly full. I don't see any reason we need to be connected--you'd have a stronger arguing point for attaching the less-populated servers like Sisters of Elune.

edit: I also have to wonder at WRA being Alliance-dominant in the RP scene. I've played both factions on that server since March 2008 (2009? I can't remember offhand when WotLK was launched), give or take, and I can tell you that RP is much easier to break into Hordeside than it is on the Alliance, to the point that I'm strongly considering moving my three Alliance 90s back to the Horde just to get some RP on them. Alliance RP seems to have the same problem Alliance RP on Sisters of Elune did when I left that server--very difficult for someone to break into without already knowing people.
    There is a 1:60 ratio Horde to Alliance on WRA, but Alliance generally has better RP due to not having as many bad RPers (blood elves, but alliance still has worgen).

I was actually just thinking this yesterday as I was walking through Silvermoon. I really wish I got into RP servers when WoW was at its peak. I think a merger would be an amazing thing to see, I'd love to see the cities teaming with life again.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

There is a lot of hate between the two servers, I've been on WrA since it launched in 2009 and never played on MG, but combining these two servers would be a nightmare. We have enough trash on WrA, we don't need the trash from another server as well.

There are actually a lot of people that would unsub, I know it's the go to response when you don't like something, but without playing on either server for a significant amount of time, you can't know the enmity between them.

i am still waiting for my server to be connected with another.

also no those 2 servers dont need connected with anything.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Actually. I would. I'd probably sell my account too.
    Only reason I'm still subbed is because of WrA's community.

The experience I had on MG was nothing more than a bunch of crazy idiots harassing anybody who didn't kiss their rear.
    I have to put up with idiots again I'll let them dwell in their own crap and go back to TCG/Console gaming.

They're both fairly high populations, and despite both being active RP servers they have separate communities and cultures. I think that connecting them would not be a good decision.

Besides, they're not exactly fond of one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about connect another RP server with Silver Hand or give transfers to SH. -_-
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi