Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Spriest changes WoD

Specifically we test an Undead Shadow Priest.
    The default character had an item level of 500.
    In total had almost 49,000 points and 37,000 mana.
    It had a total of 874 intelligence, resulting in 874 spellpower and 5% Critical.
    In total we had 216 Haste - Haste 12.97% (18.97% with Shadowform), 13% Crit and 305 Mastery (32.43% + 20% base).
    Our stickers (dots) were between 800 and 900 damage, like our Mind Flay, Mind Blast while our made between 3,000 and 4,000 points of damage.
    We miss some skills in our book of spells we have available currently as Renew and Psychic Scream
    Both Prayer of Mending as skills level 90 had a cast time of 1.5 seconds (now all are instantaneous).
    Besides the talent level 100 Spiritual Guide (Spiritual Guidance) has changed from BlizzCon, and now your shadowy apparitions give an orb instead of doing damage.
    Google Translation from http://www.wowchakra.com/wod/item/20...-por-wowchakra
    <inactive>

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm weird stuff

Talenting for Auspicious Spirits removes the damage component of SA? That's kind of lame..
    Oh well, too early to panic.

According to the info on the warrior forum some talents apperently were converted to passives and/or merged into others i.e. Mortal Strike now applies Hamstring instead of being two seperate buttons. Expect the same thing to happen to Shadow.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both Prayer of Mending as skills level 90 had a cast time of 1.5 seconds (now all are instantaneous).

I understand the whole cast theme will be a thing again in WoD which is really good.. but this seems to be kinda awkward. The heal that will go off has to be more powerfull to not make that a burden while already casting other stuff.

Still really skeptical, but still something I instantly noticed on your post.

They removed Psychic Scream?

I don't even...
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really really REALLY hate the item crunch. It makes no sense. Maths is maths, regardless of how big the numbers are that you need to add up ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Slightly nicer manual translation by me:

We tested an Undead Shadow Priest.
    The default character had an item level of 500, almost 49k HP, and 37k mana.
    It had 874 Int, resulting in 874 spellpower and 5% Critical.
    We had 216 Haste rating - 12.97% Haste (18.97% with Shadowform), 13% Crit and 305 Mastery (32.43% + 20% base).
    Our DoT ticks hit between 800 and 900 damage, like our Mind Flay. Mind Blast hit between 3k and 4k damage.
    Some spells were missing, such as Renew and Psychic Scream.
    Prayer of Mending and the level 90 talents all had a 1.5 second cast time.
    The level 100 talent has changed from BlizzCon: your shadowy apparitions give an orb instead of doing damage.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Prayer of Mending and the level 90 talents all had a 1.5 second cast time.
    Cause why should we have anything to cast on the move? /sarcasm

I assume this change was to nerf our pvp greatness and make it so it can be interrupted. Don't ya just love the synergy between pvp and our pve strength? lol

Hopefully the 90 talents with cast times will be reverted in beta, because casting halo's or DS's on the run is mildly fun and actually is kinda mandatory in some cases if you want proper range. Running out to set up (even with it only being 1.5 seconds), to cast a halo will not be fun at all imo

All I read was:

You're effectively rooted.
    Psychic Scream is GONE.

Well, fuck. I hoped we'll have something we could cast on teh move, instead we lose our one and only CC. Plus very low damage on MB and cast time at lvl90 talents.
    Good thing I've leveled myself a warlock. Looks like there will be no shadowpriest in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    All I read was: Psychic Scream is GONE.
    Missing*

I hope it is a case of a built where they didn't include it, along with Renew, for whatever reasons; but that they will be there on release.

If they are nerfing shadow priest mobility in WOD,I won't even level my priest. It will sit at 90.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    instead we lose our one and only CC.
    We still have tendrils/ psyfiend, psychic horror and (lol) shackle undead. But yes, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    If they are nerfing shadow priest mobility in WOD,I won't even level my priest. It will sit at 90.
    If Psychic Scream is gone and not returned during beta i refuse to level my priest. Removing one of the most iconic spells which differentiates good and bad spriests in pvp is just dumb! If there would be one spell they should not remove, it is Psychic scream. But we don't know the details.. maybe it will be a talent or something different.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    Missing*

I hope it is a case of a built where they didn't include it, along with Renew, for whatever reasons; but that they will be there on release.
    "We removed about 20% of class skills and abilities, even if we will probably have to add a couple more. Players will probably ask for it during beta.

In the end, we want to reduce the amount of buttons required to play and make the game easier for players who come back. The goal is to make the game understandable for every player, each button must have a very clear goal. "

I sure hope it's just a case of missing atm, because removing psychic scream is almost as preposterous as removing shadowform.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    If Psychic Scream is gone and not returned during beta i refuse to level my priest. Removing one of the most iconic spells which differentiates good and bad spriests in pvp is just dumb! If there would be one spell they should not remove, it is Psychic scream. But we don't know the details.. maybe it will be a talent or something different.
    Yeah I am not going to get up in arms about anything until I see the whole picture. I'd rather them remove psychic horror if they remove a CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    The removal of ps is a big slap in da face.... i'm disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    They can't nerf a feature which does not exist. Shadowpriest's mobility == zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    They can't nerf a feature which does not exist. Shadowpriest's mobility == zero.
    Maybe it was a rethorical statement?