Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    All I read was:

You're effectively rooted.
    Psychic Scream is GONE.
    they're dropping the instant cc in the game.. so this would be inline with that if its not a glitch. that also means other classes lost some too - this is good for the game imo.

i would also like to point out; trading apparitions for orbs... that's a major buff that no one seems to be mentioning. (also please keep in mind that everything i say is in the context of pvp, these are not meant to be blanket statements lol)

should be interesting to see it how it plays in beta.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2014-02-24 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    i would also like to point out; trading apparitions for orbs... that's a major buff that no one seems to be mentioning. (also please keep in mind that everything i say is in the context of pvp, these are not meant to be blanket statements lol)
    No - it's a nerf to the talent. Previously it was Orb in addition to dealing damage, now it's orbs instead of dealing damage.

Deleted
    Well obviously gonna see how it goes I liked the idea of the talents introduced at blizzcon for shadow but I do hope they don't start adding cast times when I feel stupid when I have to move as it is.

After looking at that warrior thread though it's gonna be very interesting to see how they're going to combine spells together

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    No - it's a nerf to the talent. Previously it was Orb in addition to dealing damage, now it's orbs instead of dealing damage.
    Maybe it will grant an orb isntantly instead of having to wait for the apparation travel to the target? I still don't like it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they change it to something else.

Maybe I'm too big of an optimist, but have you guys considered that maybe those characters they were allowed to play were fresh boosted lv 90 that haven't done the tutorial thingy and haven't "unlocked" all of their abilities?

It might be a long shot, but that's what I thought when I saw abilities missing from all classes. Like the warlock video had Malefic Grasp and Corruption missing which are basic rotation abilities, do you really think they would remove those?

Just take a chill pill and wait for the blog post before you start losing your shit.

And let's face it if you step into the arena and see a Shaman on the opposing team you might aswell unbind Psychic Scream, so although it's a iconic priest ability I wouldn't mind if they replaced it with somethine that doesn't roll over and die to Tremor Totem.
    Last edited by kardacz; 2014-02-24 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    they're dropping the instant cc in the game.. so this would be inline with that if its not a glitch. that also means other classes lost some too - this is good for the game imo.

should be interesting to see it how it plays in beta.
    Drop instant cc in the game for casters. Thats how it is. Casters will suck against melee if most of the instant cc are deleted or modified to cast time cc, since melee will definitelly not get cast times. Even if they end up with less interrupt and mobility, casting while melee jumps around you like a stupid monkey is still hard.

Deleted
    TBH I don't see the point of having PS, for years nearly every class could counter it. There is no big deal in loosing a CC that works less than half of the time.

But as many said, there really isn't anything out yet, so we need to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Like the warlock video had Malefic Grasp and Corruption missing which are basic rotation abilities, do you really think they would remove those?
    They were listed on the spec ability page... Warlocks simple assumed they were missing because they weren't automatically placed on action bars when the player specced affliction. Only newly learned abilities are, neither Corruption nor Shadow Bolt are, they're already learned, so no auto place on bars.

And at the same time other classes gain even more (pvp) armor bypass abilities...haha

Deleted
    Prayer of Mending and the level 90 talents all had a 1.5 second cast time.

That cannot be real, please somebody tell me that this is a joke.

Deleted
    The talent might have been nerfed (I prefer to use the term readjusted), but you have not, so really there is no preface to complaining about it.

As for the other things such as PS missing. I do believe it is for the better, but only if we see other specs and classes severely tuned down too.

I cannot imagine having to do the stupid Halo positioning AND minding the cast time at the same time. Please tell me that this won't be final.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I cannot imagine having to do the stupid Halo positioning AND minding the cast time at the same time. Please tell me that this won't be final.
    Seriously? Yep it's final and beta hasn't started yet!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post

Maybe castable on the move ? We dont know yet!

The whole point of adding a cast time is to stand still and cast not do it while moving. Read some recent interviews and you will basically see that they want to limit majorly the ability of all casters to cast while moving including healers. Moving 24/7 while casting will be a thing of the past most likely.

Deleted
    I know this is way too early to panic, since we're not even in beta yet but...

R.I.P. Heaven
    2006-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    All I read was:

You're effectively rooted.
    Psychic Scream is GONE.
    I honestly cant see how any priest can pvp at a high level without it. Psychic Scream has a very high skill cap in high end pvp. I cant see it actually being removed. Being left with what? The killable rooted random fearing machine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The whole point of adding a cast time is to stand still and cast not do it while moving. Read some recent interviews and you will basically see that they want to limit majorly the ability of all casters to cast while moving including healers. Moving 24/7 while casting will be a thing of the past most likely.
    I remember reading about this, I don't think it's a bad idea but it would be nice to see some sort of parallels as it'd still be a case of "oh this spec loses the most dps because theres mechanics in this game so they have to move" I mean as a shadow priest it is interesting to plan your dps around moving but I wonder if that makes someone good.

I wonder whether it should be "A: I didnt plan ahead so I lose dps because I have to move" or "B: I can show I can handle my rotations etc whilst dealing with mechanics because I don't have restrictions in my rotation". I can understand that everyone shouldn't be hunters but at the same time, not doing anything because you can't isn't an interesting mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    But adding cast time to each and every ability just for the sake of having close to no instant isn't the right way.

Halo also has a huge positional requirement to be optimally used. Now in addition to standing correctly, it also has a cast time. While casting, the mobs could/will probably move, changing the whole positional aspect again. Also, when you're moving, it's likely that you will not be positioned perfectly either. It simple doesn't make sense for it to have a cast time. Plus it's a 40 second CD... That doesn't make or break the game on cast while movement abilities.

Divine Star is a skill shot, using and aiming it while movement is already quite a task. Why add a cast time to it? "Here, stand still and aim it carefully during it's cast time?"
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2014-02-24 at 03:58 PM.