Brilliant move Blizz

I know many player, myself included, wanted to fight the Legion in this expansion (before WoD was officially announced). But I think Blizz did a great move to make us hate the Legion even more.

We get to go back to a pre-corrupted Draenor and see the land in all its beauty--before the Legion corrupted the orcs which eventually leads to war and the destruction/creation of Outland. Just looking at the concept art and recently released gameplay footage of WoD has blown me away. I think Shadownmoon Valley and Temple of Karabor can be the nicest zones Blizz have ever created. I'm going to boost an ally to 90 just so i can play in that area.

Because we get to see Draenor as it once was, we should hate the Legion all the more for destroying this gorgeous world. Outland is a desolate wasteland compared to the beauty of Draenor.

So overall, good move Blizz in letting us see a world before the Legion has corrupted its inhabitants and destroyed everything. When we do finally fight the Legion we should hate them all the more because we've seen a (one of many) beautiful world that they've destroyed. I think this expansion will make the legion themed one even better.

Deleted
    it was teased by Blizzard at BlizzCon that the Legion would play a role in WoD. Me? I'm hoping they pull something similar to the corruption of the Vale in 5.4 throughout the course of WoD.

Yah, hadn't really thought of it like this before.

So it works both to relive the "Alliance's finest hour" as well as seeing the Orc homeland in its original glory. Should be interesting to see how this lore-stalgia affects the older / former playerbase who maybe have lost touch with the game since around Wrath / Cata
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I know many player, myself included, wanted to fight the Legion in this expansion (before WoD was officially announced). But I think Blizz did a great move to make us hate the Legion even more.

We get to go back to a pre-corrupted Draenor and see the land in all its beauty--before the Legion corrupted the orcs which eventually leads to war and the destruction/creation of Outland. Just looking at the concept art and recently released gameplay footage of WoD has blown me away. I think Shadownmoon Valley and Temple of Karabor can be the nicest zones Blizz have ever created. I'm going to boost an ally to 90 just so i can play in that area.

Because we get to see Draenor as it once was, we should hate the Legion all the more for destroying this gorgeous world. Outland is a desolate wasteland compared to the beauty of Draenor.

So overall, good move Blizz in letting us see a world before the Legion has corrupted its inhabitants and destroyed everything. When we do finally fight the Legion we should hate them all the more because we've seen a (one of many) beautiful world that they've destroyed. I think this expansion will make the legion themed one even better.
    You never truly appreciate having something until you lose it.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    they used the word savage a lot. From what i have seen it looks more "natural" more than "savage". I like it so far
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    it was teased by Blizzard at BlizzCon that the Legion would play a role in WoD. Me? I'm hoping they pull something similar to the corruption of the Vale in 5.4 throughout the course of WoD.
    Source? I don't remember any such teasing.

Deleted
    good point for some i guess, but still i don't want to wait another 2 years+ to get the ultimate legion expansion where shit happens, another filler expansion like WoD isn't good in my opinion, rather they just get on with the good parts of the story, but i guess they need to drag it out as long as they can to keep the game running.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Source? I don't remember any such teasing.
    Garrosh arrives right before the Orcs drink the blood of Mannoroth. This implies that the Legion has already been manipulating the Orcs, and it's possible that Mannoroth is on Draenor somewhere. Second, it was said that Gul'dan was still "on the phone" with Kil'jaeden. So, it seems likely both Mannoroth and Kil'jaeden will be behind the scenes. Gul'dan and the Stormreavers are, after all, still fel-corrupted in this timeline.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    good point for some i guess, but still i don't want to wait another 2 years+ to get the ultimate legion expansion where shit happens, another filler expansion like WoD isn't good in my opinion, rather they just get on with the good parts of the story, but i guess they need to drag it out as long as they can to keep the game running.
    "Filler expansion" is one of the dumbest terms I've ever seen on the internet. Every expansion is part of the story. You don't get to decide what is and isn't the story. Whether it is interesting to you personally or not doesn't make it "filler".

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Garrosh arrives right before the Orcs drink the blood of Mannoroth. This implies that the Legion has already been manipulating the Orcs, and it's possible that Mannoroth is on Draenor somewhere. Second, it was said that Gul'dan was still "on the phone" with Kil'jaeden. So, it seems likely both Mannoroth and Kil'jaeden will be behind the scenes. Gul'dan and the Stormreavers are, after all, still fel-corrupted in this timeline.
    With the rest of the Hordes rather opposed to them. Doesn't exactly hint at them having any kind of major role in WoD.

Besides, if they had wanted a focus on the Legion, expanding Outland or one of the portals there would have been a far more fitting choice.