10+ Year Old Account

Holy Radiance and Grid

Figured I would have better luck here as you guys actually play Paladins I originally posted this in the UI Section of the forum but no response so far.

I don't suppose any of you guys use Grid do you?

I can track shields and I have an addon that tracks that AoE Healing part of Holy Radiance that flashes a yellow border round the raid frame for a second of who it AoE heals but It does not track the initial heal with Incoming heals enabled. I was testing it just now and I Get the incoming heal bar with Holy light, FoL and Divine Light though...

So yeah does anyone know how I add Holy Radiance to the Incoming Heals part of grid, Just the Initial Heal not the AoE healing part.

It doesn't do what the in-game tooltip says, it simply heals 6 people in the area around the person you targeted, so grid has no way to accurately show who its going to heal, as the 'smart' heal could change at any time based on positioning and health level. I also don't blame the mod for it not showing up at all, as I believe its the only cast-time smart heal in the game, with the exception of Atonement.
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-02-23 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    It doesn't do what the in-game tooltip says, it simply heals 6 people in the area around the person you targeted, so grid has no way to accurately show who its going to heal, as the 'smart' heal could change at any time based on positioning and health level. I also don't blame the mod for it not showing up at all, as I believe its the only cast-time smart heal in the game, with the exception of Atonement.
    Ah okay. Makes sense.

Probably a very silly question (as I very rarely play Holy), but is there a way to track EF on Grid? I assume there is, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I also don't blame the mod for it not showing up at all, as I believe its the only cast-time smart heal in the game, with the exception of Atonement.
    See Also.

/10char.

This is also why it's (a lot) more fruitful to track the number of valid Holy Radiance targets as opposed to tracking the incoming/outgoing healing of the spell itself.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    See Also.

/10char.
    Admittedly a bit easier to measure, since its more like pre 5.4 HR, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pld View Post
    Probably a very silly question (as I very rarely play Holy), but is there a way to track EF on Grid? I assume there is, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
    Yes there is. You go to buffs then type in the name of the buff - make sure Show if Mine is checked else youll be seeing every holy pallys EF. Once you have added it to your buffs you go to Indicators. From there you need to decided how you want it shown - border, icon-center,icon-left,icon-right,etc. Once you have selected the choice of how you want it displayed and select it. It should show up now. I am doing this from memory as I no longer use Grid and use grid2 (which is almost the same thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Darenia View Post
    Yes there is. You go to buffs then type in the name of the buff - make sure Show if Mine is checked else youll be seeing every holy pallys EF. Once you have added it to your buffs you go to Indicators. From there you need to decided how you want it shown - border, icon-center,icon-left,icon-right,etc. Once you have selected the choice of how you want it displayed and select it. It should show up now. I am doing this from memory as I no longer use Grid and use grid2 (which is almost the same thing).
    I would also recommend adding some way to track its duration, I personally use a bar which requires a bit more advanced gridding (mod for grid1, baseline grid2), but you can easily get away with using a plain number or something.

Ah great, thanks for the help! Much appreciated.