Help a bad with trap placement

I didn't feel like this fit the thread about the tweet and trap placements so I'll ask here:

Since the trap launcher was introduced through today, about 75% of the time when I click my trap button and my mouse turns into the trap aiming reticle, I'll get about halfway to where I want to left click to put the trap and - without having pressed any other buttons - the game will act like I hit escape or something. Basically, about 3/4s of the time it takes me two tries to launch a trap somewhere. This is super annoying when worrying about using every GCD because this wastes many of them.

Anybody else? Am I secretly pressing a key with my left hand and just not realizing it like those cats whose back legs attack them in gifs? Does everybody else on the planet simply use a /stopcasting macro to set their traps?

Make a macro:

/cast !Explosive Trap

On any spell with a targeting reticule, the ! will prevent the reticule from accidentally being cancelled without casting the spell.

As for the problem itself, sometimes it happens. I know I had to do the above fix with my DK's DnD because it would just randomly disappear as I was trying to place it, but I've never had the same problem with traps.

Thank you!! Now that you mention it, DKs, Blizzard on my mage, etc. do this too. Again, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Thank you!! Now that you mention it, DKs, Blizzard on my mage, etc. do this too. Again, thanks!
    Actually, they changed how reticles work in I believe begin MoP to where you don't need the exclamation mark anymore to keep the reticle from disappearing.