Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoD is not even in Beta yet and they are already gating content. I can just see the pug raid requirements now. LFM XXX, 650 ilvl, Link Legendary, 7/7 and gold in proving ground.

I really hope they fix the proving grounds for healers then. Because right now (or at least when I tried them), the healing proving grounds weren't about healing, but about doing stuff DPS/tanks are supposed to be doing for them (interrupts, positioning, DPSing, ...)

CCing trash in dungeons is very boring guys, there should instead think of a way to make trash more interesting without cc because all it does is make it so that you take out some guy out of the fight just so your team doesn't die and this is for every trash mob there is which is painful to deal with on a daily basis. There's several reasons why people were pissed off in the beginning of Cata. The diffuculty spike happened from what was in wrath and then the dungeons took a very long time to complete with little reward at the end of it. I don't mind hard bosses with great mechanics behind them but I do mind making the dungeons feel grindy, underwhelming, and long with things like CC and "careful pulling" make them out to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I think the idea of an LFR piece for bronze challenge mode is kind of amusing.

My only annoyance is Ner'zhul in a 5-man. Hopefully he doesn't get shanked in the 5-man, otherwise Blizzard has such a hate on for that guy. First Arthas emos and kills Ner'zhul with his mind after Ner'zhul gave him everything he had (and took away everything he had before really.) and now he's relegated to 5-man boss duty. Oof.

It very likely is only a first tier thing, as that was the only point where it's really a problem. Beyond the first tier if a guild is forcing their raiders to run LFR then your guild was abusing you, plain and simple.

At launch normal 5-mans will provide you gear to make you capable of running LFR. Heroics will be close enough to LFR gear to allow you to skip LFR. LFR gear will be below normal gear, and so on.

When the next raid patch launches there is no need to do anything at all to 5-man loot, or older LFR loot. Entry level 5-mans are obsolete and so is the gear from them, old LFR gets you gear for new LFR, old normal gets you gear for new normal, and so on. If they add new heroic 5-mans (unlikely based on past history.) then it can reward slightly better loot than the older heroics, but at that point it no longer has to compete with LFR.

Probably the easiest way to fix all the tears about guilds forcing raiders to do LFR.

The problem is not the main char and doing lfr 1 time to gear up the problem is that i got 10 alts and to be forced to do lfr in order to do flex e.g is painful.
    Right now you do the same raid over and over in different dificulties thats horrible, besides that people in lfr are either afk or dont know wtf to do.
    I want to run hc dungeons that give equal lfr loot all the time, either by dropping equal gear in new 5 man dungeon or by obtaining VP and buy gear like in the old times.
    That way you have much more diversity in end game as only running one raid on different dificulties over and over again.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc2032db7; 2014-02-24 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577 View Post
    The diffuculty spike happened from what was in wrath and then the dungeons took a very long time to complete with little reward at the end of it.
    Yeah, the problem was most likely timing.
    Early BC heroics were also hard, but most people at the time had come from a place where epics weren't quite that common but where using CC everywhere was common. Getting rewarded a blue for doing what was "run of the mill" was pretty much ok.
    Then between that time and the end of Wrath the expectations of both performance and reward got flipped, and people expected (understandably) to be rewarded powerful purple items for very little effort and time.

Early Cata heroics would have been right at home during BC, difficulty-wise.

In that, as with a lot of other things, Cata is the perfect example of what happens when Blizzard strays from one of its core design tenets, that of "iterative design" - or design in small increments, building on what was done before. From a completely new world that alienated a lot of old players to 1000% more cutscenes to a difficulty spike that was 3 years too late and completely counter-trend, Cata was an abject failure in Blizzard's own metric of iterative design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    Ner'zhul: Responsible for Velen's death.

We deal with him in a 5man dungeon?
    1. Put some goddamn spoiler tags on that.
    2. If it's only the alternate reality one it's inconsequential. So using a 5man is fitting.

Early Cata heroics would have been right at home during BC, difficulty-wise.
    2 years of Wrath faceroll degraded the skill of the majority to the point that TBC difficulty is no longer viable.
    God forbid you were actually *gasp* WIPING . :O
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-02-24 at 10:01 AM.

The That-or-a-Raid argument again... Seems like a new catchphrase along with "soon"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cursero View Post
    The That-or-a-Raid argument again... Seems like a new catchphrase along with "soon"
    Silvermoon is HUGE. Reconstructing is FROM SCRATCH in 3D (much of it are just flat textures) is a very large undertaking and needs to be done by the people that design environments. (THAT INCLUDES RAIDS)

So it would - literally- take people away from raid develeopment.

It's not an excuse, it's the simple truth.
    Whether some random internet hero believes it or not, doesn't change the fact, that even Blizzard does not have infinite resources and never will have them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I can't even do gold proving grounds but I can solo most of the MoP dungeons, if proving grounds is made an entry requirement I will definitely have to think about buying this expansion and continuing my sub, I've already found another long term game, so it won't bother me if I quit.
    So if ur FORCED to spend 20min of ur life to so Silver u will not buy the expansion, let me ask does all of ur gear say "Raid Finder" or "Flexible" ? I suspect it does, people that cant be arsed to put in effort wont be missed.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Ner'zhul better not die/be permanently defeated in a dungeon. I would be very dissapointed indeed.

Proving Grounds will be updated and expanded, making it a requirement to queue for random heroic dungeons.
    Yes, thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577 View Post
    CCing trash in dungeons is very boring guys, there should instead think of a way to make trash more interesting without cc because all it does is make it so that you take out some guy out of the fight just so your team doesn't die and this is for every trash mob there is which is painful to deal with on a daily basis. There's several reasons why people were pissed off in the beginning of Cata. The diffuculty spike happened from what was in wrath and then the dungeons took a very long time to complete with little reward at the end of it. I don't mind hard bosses with great mechanics behind them but I do mind making the dungeons feel grindy, underwhelming, and long with things like CC and "careful pulling" make them out to be.
    That's because CC is easy to use, fire and forget type of skills in this game. If every CC would break 2 times per pull and needed to be placed on the ground and then lead the right mob in to it (think of hunter traps without launcher), it would make it way more dynamic, chaotic, challenging and fun. Make humanoid packs where every mob can dispell CC with cast time spells so tunneling one guy would almost always lead to a fail. Random abilities, so you can't tell before pulling which mobs you need to CC quickly after the pull to stay alive etc.

But yeah, I agree with some of the posters above, that the playerbase just isn't what it used to be, so I don't expect them to design anything actually challenging.

Deleted
    People here are actually complaining about having to do SILVER proving grounds ONCE per character to queue for heroics? I'm not happy with the change either because I think silver is too easy, we will still have people queueing that horribly fail at just about everything because they only had to beat silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariandra View Post
    I do wonder if this is accountwide or character specific. With 8 toons at 90, this would take not 15 minutes, but rather 2 hours. And that's only one spec per toon. Having dualspec on every character means 4 hours. Thanks, but no thanks.
    Each toon has/had to do the Isle of Thunder Solo Instances which take/took a heck of a lot longer, so I wouldn't be surprised. There are plenty of things we have to do on each character as we level them (you know, like leveling each one for example).
    Last edited by Siddown; 2014-02-24 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    It should be mandatory to whipe in Normal Dungeons the first week or so, same with HC Dungeon, else you can just send all players the gear through the mailsystem.

PLLLEEASE make the ordinary part of wow much harder much harder!!
    TBH how many actually dies while leveling its character anymore? And by die i mean dies several times perhaps several times/level?

The Mythic raids ofcourse should be as it has been the last couple of releases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    That's because CC is easy to use, fire and forget type of skills in this game. If every CC would break 2 times per pull and needed to be placed on the ground and then lead the right mob in to it (think of hunter traps without launcher), it would make it way more dynamic, chaotic, challenging and fun. Make humanoid packs where every mob can dispell CC with cast time spells so tunneling one guy would almost always lead to a fail. Random abilities, so you can't tell before pulling which mobs you need to CC quickly after the pull to stay alive etc.
    Yeah, CC used to be a lot more interesting since it had a chance to break at random, be resisted or otherwise fail; and CC'ing actually caused other mobs to pull as well so you needed to coordinate the CC casts. It's a shame that Blizzard have turned pulling into a mindless exercise instead of one which actually involves skill and cooperation.
    Last edited by mmoc2462c4a12d; 2014-02-24 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
    They really should tie the PG requirement to the "first 90" check as well. Players who've already attained a L90 or have significant dungeon/raid achievements shouldn't have to waste time with PG to queue for a dungeon or raid.
    Absolutly not, the time to do the bronze section of PG is abysmall......... Learn the class you play or get the hell away from doing pve with other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultragrisen View Post
    It should be mandatory to whipe in Normal Dungeons the first week or so, same with HC Dungeon, else you can just send all players the gear through the mailsystem.

PLLLEEASE make the ordinary part of wow much harder much harder!!
    TBH how many actually dies while leveling its character anymore? And by die i mean dies several times perhaps several times/level?

The Mythic raids ofcourse should be as it has been the last couple of releases.
    The last few characters I got to 90 ended up with a total of 10 deaths max I think. My recently leveled priest currently has 42 deaths with 22 of them from raiding.

Besides that I just thought of something for the proving grounds... seeing as a lot of achievements are account wide I'm guessing you only have to do it once per spec and be done with it? A hybrid caster could do both damage and healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to go back in time and kill Lothar. This horde hero killing shit is for the birds.

So heroic dungeons will still drop loot worse than LFR?

Why bother. LFR will outdo dungeons because otherwise their abomination would die. Challenge modes may drop 1 piece of LFR gear? HA! compared to what, 16 boss kills that are easier? Its shit like this that needs to stop, LFR needs to offer worse gear than harder content rather than be a bottleneck that you work your ass off to circumvent. LFR should be between normal and heroic dungeons, and stay there.