Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best spec for Heroic Garrosh 10 Man?

We've just started H Garrosh 10 man. I'm just wondering what the best spec for it would be(Raw numbers/utility/etc. wise). I could see the pros/cons for both, but I'm more so looking for people who have done the fight and completed it on 10 man. Maybe a pros/cons list from each perspective? Any help/suggestions would be great. I'd just like to stay/switch over now if mut is indeed better for Garry. I play both specs to the highest of my ability, so how well I play either one shouldn't factor into it. Thanks!

EDIT: I have also played sub as well a few times through out the tier. So that's not off the table either as I play sub fairly well too.
    Last edited by Yodawinfrey; 2014-01-27 at 06:02 AM.

Never done it and will never do (as current content at least), but Assassination seems the best option because of decent AoE for 1st phase but even better execute time in phases 3 and 4. Since the idea is to make that phases last as short as possible, hence the choice on Assa.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Combat. Getting the first heart phase down in <25 energy is the hardest benchmark to hit. Combat with BF+KSp can basically solo a group, which makes it very easy.

If the heart phase is not an issue for your comp, you could try Mut. It should do slightly better Garrosh damage once you make it into p3+4 because all the execute time.

Deleted
    I only did it as 25 man so take what i say with a grain of salt. Depends on really what is your role in the fight. IF you are to do the engineers in phase I then sub would be best since the burst is highest among the three specs (by burst i mean the amount of damage it can do in that 10 sec window or something). IF you are not delegated to do the engineers then combat for the cleave and burst dmg for transition phases should be your best bet (using cd at start will make you have them back up right before transition )

10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 have their place. All 3 are perfectly viable. If you would tell us your raid setup we could help you more to figure out what specc would be the best in your situation.

I wouldn't recommend Subtlety for Garrosh.

Deleted
    I went as combat for our first kill, mainly because i had better weapons for it. Our second i kill i was Sub and i didnt notice any difference at all except some higher boss damage. I dont know how your raid setup looks but in my guild we had enough aoe for the adds in p1 so i just went full dmg on garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac223 View Post
    I wouldn't recommend Subtlety for Garrosh.
    Why not ? I was sub the entire progress plus the kill can't say i can complain about anything. I just ignore adds since there are classes that can do alot of aoe or i can throw a crimson tempest every now and then. My only issue with playing sub on garrosh would be when he is doing the whirling corruption his back keeps turning but you can just spam backstab and it will register at some point.

Subtlety if you need engineer's damage. Combat if you need phase 1 adds damage or mindcontrol damage. Assassination if you mostly care about p3 and p4 damage. I played combat in our kills but I'm 25m so it might be different.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Sorry for the late response. Right now we've just had one night. So we're still getting down the first intermission with a wee bit of success. Since a few asked, my raid comp is as follows:

Tanks - BM Monk/Prot Pally
    Heals - Disc Priest/Holy Pally
    DPS - Rogue(Combat), 2x Hunters(One BM, one SV), Warlock(Destro), Shaman(Elemenental), and Druid(Boomkin)

Seem fine as far as AoE for adds goes. Any tips on the adds btw? We have our Garrosh tank, tank to the side after the first set of adds with our monk on the other side to catch the second set. Still, for some unknown reason we'll still have an add or two beating on people. We understand how it works, proxi aggro. But the adds tend not to follow what the DJ says or what most guides say. A little upsetting, but it hasn't really stunted our progression. Guess more of minor annoyance. Btw, thanks again for all info/suggestions!

I was Subtlety for my first kill of Garrosh. It all depends on what your job is. If you are pushing single target, go Sub. If you aren't and are allowed to cleave, go Combat. I wouldn't go Mutilate. It is a decent enough spec this tier, but either Combat or Sub will be better.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you could do is to play combat until you got the first part mostly down and are going to progress on p3, then switch to assassination if the raid needs more damage in that phase and can handle the transitions and p1 without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnis View Post
    Why not?
    Bad AoE
    Positional requirement (sucks for whirling and ads)
    Also, ads -> Loss of FW-uptime

So if you always have someone else taking care of the P1 ads, the MCs and the emp. corruption ads so that you can stay on the boss 24/7 Sub is fine. I've never had that luxury, but I suppose in 25-man you could comfortably go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnis View Post
    I just ignore adds since there are classes that can do alot of aoe
    The point isn't how much AoE classes can do, but rather how much aoe a class can do while losing as little single target as possible, and this is where Combat shines. Focusing on single target and only using efficient cleaves pretty much allows you to skip the second warshaman and, in extreme cases, the second wave of adds as well.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Yodawinfrey View Post

Tanks - BM Monk/Prot Pally
    Heals - Disc Priest/Holy Pally
    DPS - Rogue(Combat), 2x Hunters(One BM, one SV), Warlock(Destro), Shaman(Elemenental), and Druid(Boomkin)
    Based on that raid comp, you'd probably be better off going Mut, then switching to Combat during the raid if worse comes to worse and you need the AoE. As others have mentioned, Mut is going to be VERY beneficial for single-target throughput at the end of Phase 2 and beyond, and it still has good AoE damage.

I might suggest popping Shadow Blades for some extra AOE burst as Mut, OR taking Nightstalker and hitting Vanish once you've gotten DP up on the adds.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-Garrosh-hc?

I used assa, there are 3 phases where you can dispatch your ass off and rogues are the best boss dps. I went mastery gemming/regorge which scaled better then haste on this fight since it's abit of running and targetswitching.

The hard part before was 1st trans-phase and the overall boss dps, now you can prolly outgear the boss-dps requirement pretty easy. So if you're struggling with 1st trans i would say combat.

*Insert generic play what you enjoy most reply here*

In all seriousness, all specs are viable. Do you need slightly more bursty aoe? Go Combat. Do you need more damage singletarget and in the execute phase? Go Assassination. Do you want to be the rogueiest rogue of all the rogues in world of roguecraft? Go Subtlety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somn View Post
    *Insert generic play what you enjoy most reply here*

In all seriousness, all specs are viable. Do you need slightly more bursty aoe? Go Combat. Do you need more damage singletarget and in the execute phase? Go Assassination. Do you want to be the rogueiest rogue of all the rogues in world of roguecraft? Go Subtlety.
    While I normally agree, the final heroic boss of current content mind not fit the mould =) The second part of your post is much more in-line with what people should be considering, but when picking between sub and C/A for Garrosh, please check to see what your actual boss uptime (and job!) is first. If your DPS suffers significantly, it would really really suck to push your guild's first kill back because you were playing the spec you enjoy the most that doesn't perform as well*.

*I'm still on paragons and don't know just how painful movement/staying in back on Garrosh H is yet.

Deleted
    I would say Combat, atleast thats what I will do on our next raid when we are going to do Garrosh HC.

The BF cleave with ADSB followed by KS is insane for the adds in P1, a quick BF on/off is realy nice for MCd players. BF cleave inside jade serpent room.

Combats pretty good for cleaving MCs and just ridiculous on jade serpent.

You haven't seen suffering until you've done jade serpent without any warriors/rogues, dk/feral tank and a raid that's seriously lacking in burst and p1 aoe stuns(spriest/mages).