Paragon 2.0 and new characters

Since all characters can allocate paragon points in the new system, will new characters be ridiculously powerful relative to the content they're doing? What balances this out? And/or, what am I missing?

Well, they may not allow characters below max level to use the points. That and you cannot just go buy OP gear for a new character as the AH will be shut down.

Did they also remove trading from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Did they also remove trading from the game?
    You can't trade legendaries outside of a 2hour time frame between party members. You can still trade yellows, though beside amulets I believe most BiS pieces are legendaries.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Hmm, on Diablofans it does seem pretty clear to me that you can use paragon points even at level 1.

It also states that you can't gain paragon experience until max level, which seems to be in direct opposition to the point they make about wanting players to not feel like they're wasting xp by levelling up new characters, so it's possible my reading comprehension is limited

http://www.diablofans.com/news/47949...uls-first-look

Notice the screenshot where the Barb has 10 str, but has 37 points to invest in Core stats with each of those points giving +5 str (+185 str).
    Last edited by gonterf; 2014-02-23 at 10:14 PM.

I can tell you that as of the current beta for RoS I got all 9 of my Paragon points/levels with my newly created Crusader. It didn't feel like a huge difference to me. Now, that is only 9 points. I'm sure that if you have 100 Paragon or 150 Paragon that you will feel an improvement for sure. But then again you have to consider that someone with that high of a Paragon level has spent enough time to get max BiS gear for their main character that playing a low level will feel entirely nerfed otherwise. And then again, you don't HAVE to use the point if you want the "challenge" of a new character. You also have the option of turning up the difficulty from the start, you no longer have to beat the game one thru to unlock the next tier.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just means you can pick a higher difficulty to start with on that character, I guess. Dunno how strong monsters are at level 1 on higher difficulties, but a naked character with 0 paragon levels would probably stand little chance on torment

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    You can't trade legendaries outside of a 2hour time frame between party members. You can still trade yellows, though beside amulets I believe most BiS pieces are legendaries.
    Ah, I guess that makes sense. Haven't been paying attention to all the D3 news.

10+ Year Old Account
    From playing on the PTR, you can absolutely use your paragon points from lvl 1.
    But even without using paragon points, I found the normal and hard difficulties too easy (could have changed now).

At expert the game started to be somewhat hard, but mostly because it took forever to kill anything. Since you then had to focus more on survival, rather than dmg and because of the monsters increased health. Was also the first mode I actually died in while testing.

I didn't bother trying master and above for a starting character, since expert was as slow as it was.
    But I will at least start out on hard, barely any difference between hard and normal from what I could see. But you got much more exp and gold from hard.
    Had not played D3 in months when I tested either, so shouldn't be much different for new players.

For my existing characters at lvl 60, I think I will start out on at least expert or maybe master. I didn't do enough testing to be sure what my characters could handle.

What pissed me off in d3 when it came out was that I couldn't start fresh characters. There was always the bank and I didn't have to spend money on leveling stuff like blacksmith and all the gold. Are they now adding in another thing that you can't reset that boosts you?

What about ladders? To my understanding there should be ladders in RoS? Surely they allow you to start completely fresh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    What pissed me off in d3 when it came out was that I couldn't start fresh characters. There was always the bank and I didn't have to spend money on leveling stuff like blacksmith and all the gold. Are they now adding in another thing that you can't reset that boosts you?

What about ladders? To my understanding there should be ladders in RoS? Surely they allow you to start completely fresh?
    You dont have to spend your Parargon points if you don't want to.

You can user Paragon points right off the bat with a newly created character. Your choice to use them or not (i usually boot everything on VIT, AoE, and movement speed).

Ladders should start with completely new characters and wiped every time - still we don't have many info about them to say anything for sure.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.