Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    True. iL550 PvP gear = iL561 PvE gear. Resilience and PvP Power do not cost any item budget.

Maybe you should listen to your "thick-headed members of questionable intelligence".
    Fixed it for you. No matter where one stands. The PvE Gear will be superior. Because if it isn't already superior in iLvL and stats - you can make it into that.

Edit: Just realized we're talking about shitty Flex Gear which I wouldn't even call PvE Gear. More like "I can't do better" Gear..

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Fixed it for you. No matter where one stands. The PvE Gear will be superior. Because if it isn't already superior in iLvL and stats - you can make it into that.

Edit: Just realized we're talking about shitty Flex Gear which I wouldn't even call PvE Gear. More like "I can't do better" Gear..
    Or you could just have shitty luck..
    I'm still using a flex trinket despite 9 normal/9 heroic Sha of Pride kills, with 18 rolls used.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    I'm still using a flex trinket despite 9 normal/9 heroic Sha of Pride kills, with 18 rolls used.
    I feel you there. I was 14/14H for three weeks with a flex trinket. Thank goodness for Mythic abolishing the horrendous 10 man loot luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed it for you.
    Do not edit my posts.

Flex gear can be used as a stopgap before a Normal or Heroic piece drops, and as now the 550 Conquest gear will be better than fully upgraded Flex gear there are situations where PvP gear will be better than PvE gear.

Because you got sixteen Normal/Heroic drops for you when you killed sixteen bosses this tier. /ohyou
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

He's not a fool, unfortunately you are on this occasion. PVP gear wasn't good for PVE in cata because instead of having 2 secondary stats, one of the secondary stats was resil, so while it had ilvl it was lacking in pve stats.

Right now the only thing pvp gear is lacking is major stat socket bonuses for SOME gear slots, and many pieces have one less socket than raid gear would have, however, the stats are the stats, and 550 gear is perfectly viable to raid at least normal SoO in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post

I'm still using 543 ToT trinkets with A LOT more heroic kills than that (somewhere around 20 for the first 8 bosses).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    True. iL550 PvP gear = iL550 PvE gear. Resilience and PvP Power do not cost any item budget.

Maybe you should listen to your "thick-headed members of questionable intelligence".
    True, but this was only true since 5.0.

When those stats used to come out of the item budget it was an easy way for Blizzard to make the gear non-optimal in PVE. That's changed now.

The biggest problem you'd probably find with current PVP gear is a lack of things like hit.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i remember doing around 2k dps in TBC on my fury warrior after I got full merc... PvP gear didn't become shit in PvE, it just had a higher ilvl and it had stats that weren't bad. The issue w/ current PVP gear is that it's not only a couple ilvls behind, but it has stats meant for PVP. Back in TBC, you'd have a piece of gear that had crit/hit/resil, sure the resil was wasteful, but you got 2 beneficial stats. I wasn't able to just raid on my warrior, I used my ele shaman too and would be top dps.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

@ The OP

In cata resilience counted as part of an items stat budget so assuming the same ilevel a pvp item would have ~half the useful stats because half were taken up by resilience. This changed in MoP.

Assuming your guildy is replacing a lower item level item with a 550 pvp item hes better off since pvp items now have the full stat budget. All he may possibly lose out on is socket bonuses if the pvp item has pvp power as a socket bonus.

Final note, don't be a condescending prick to your guildies. Turns out its you that need to get your facts straight.