Transition from PC mouse to PS4 controller question.

Hi guys! Hoping to get some feedback from PC Gamers who also own consoles.
    I've been a pc gamer with mouse and keyboard for a while.
    I am planning on buying PS4 next month or whenever i can find it in the store. My question is.
    How hard is it to adapt to a controller coming from PC for game like Diablo for example?
    What are the cons and pros?
    Thank you
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a PS3 or a X360?

If yes, you can actually download a demo.

I really didn't like it. the only good thing is that you can play offline. But actually because of that, many can actually hack their save and make fake items etc.

this is exactly whats wrong with the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Controllers are fine for everything BUT fps games. They are terribly inaccurate. They only reason people manage to deal with them is because aim assist does the fine work for them.

IMO buy FPS games on your PC, the rest are fine on your console.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Controllers are fine for everything BUT fps games. They are terribly inaccurate. They only reason people manage to deal with them is because aim assist does the fine work for them.

IMO buy FPS games on your PC, the rest are fine on your console.
    This is really a load of bullcrap. When you get used to gamecontrollers it feels as natural as a mouse is for pc. In the end it's all about personal preference, an opinion you can only state when you've gotten used to both playstyles.

I play wow alot, but other games i prefer playing on a gamesconsole because of it's ease of use, you know it can play everything that gets released on it and more importantly, you can sit on your couch in the most relaxing way.

To answer your question, it's not hard getting used to it, after a few times playing it's feel as normal as ever, with some games having a longer learning curve than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    This is really a load of bullcrap. When you get used to gamecontrollers it feels as natural as a mouse is for pc. In the end it's all about personal preference, an opinion you can only state when you've gotten used to both playstyles.

I play wow alot, but other games i prefer playing on a gamesconsole because of it's ease of use, you know it can play everything that gets released on it and more importantly, you can sit on your couch in the most relaxing way.

To answer your question, it's not hard getting used to it, after a few times playing it's feel as normal as ever, with some games having a longer learning curve than others.
    It isn't opinion. It has been proven time and again Mouse and keyboard are leagues ahead for FPS games. Plug your controller into you PC and go play BF, you will get your arse handed to you.
    Aye mate

It isn't opinion. It has been proven time and again Mouse and keyboard are leagues ahead for FPS games. Plug your controller into you PC and go play BF, you will get your arse handed to you.
    I get my arse handed to me with mouse or controller, damn twitchy kids. In single-player though I prefer controller because a mouse makes it feel like the world's simplest point-and-click adventure (use GUN on MAN).

Maybe, but that's just the thing, he's asking if it's hard to get used to, which it isn't. The situation you are describing doesn't occur when you are playing on a console, so your argument is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but that's just the thing, he's asking if it's hard to get used to, which it isn't. The situation you are describing doesn't occur when you are playing on a console, so your argument is invalid.
    You can plug a mouse and keyboard into consoles(those handy little USB ports that they have in the front...they're USB ports). /mindblown
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You can plug a mouse and keyboard into consoles(those handy little USB ports that they have in the front...they're USB ports). /mindblown
    True, noone ever said that wasn't possible. It's also irrelevant. I love playing first person shooters with my controller on a console.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, noone ever said that wasn't possible. It's also irrelevant. I love playing first person shooters with my controller on a console.
    The point actually is just that: You can and will end up playing against people who are using mouse+keyboard while you're using a controller even when playing on a console. You claimed that situation doesn't occur when playing on a console.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The point actually is just that: You can and will end up playing against people who are using mouse+keyboard while you're using a controller even when playing on a console. You claimed that situation doesn't occur when playing on a console.
    Fair enough, quote me on that, but I think we can agree that the amount of console gamers who have a keyboard and a mouse for their console and actually use those for playing a fps, won't be of any inconvenience.

I wouldn't have thought console games would have supported keyboard + mouse to avoid p2w situations where people who want to spend more money get an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I wouldn't have thought console games would have supported keyboard + mouse to avoid p2w situations where people who want to spend more money get an advantage.
    To be fair, but correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Sony or Microsoft, nor any of the bigger gamedevelopers (of fps's mind you) have any official way to use a keyboard or mouse for games specifically.