Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are 10-man buff gods because they are able to bring any required buff to their group. When I dabbled in 10-man for a little bit I forced at least 2 different hunters to get a Sporebat for me ("and for the healers") when our spell haste classes were lazy and inactive.

But please, do not turn this thread into a pissing contest or a place to measure size. If people want to constructively complain, great, but animosity, hostility and counter-QQ will promptly be met with me closing the thread. As both Kuny and myself said above - wait for the damn info dump to see what's coming and what's going.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Seems like a standard mage qq thread
    "this class has this why cant I have it too" reworded over the different posts.

Mages are fine, you bring a mage to raids because they hit like trains and for the hero.
    Other classes bring more raid utility to balance out the above fact.

You are also not limited by spec for your raid CD

Tell me, what exactly does a hunter bring to the raid? Unless you force them to play BM they have zero abilities
    You can call it a standard mage qq thread but its still truth to it all and mages hit just as hard as any other ranged and warlocks do more damage and got the utility, how can this not be out of balance? I have no clue about hunters since I only play spellcasters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    ring of frost, iceblock, and timewarp - thats at least 3 off the top of my head.

okay now lets see i have tranquility and uhm er tranquility and i guess ursol's vortex comes in handy sometimes

also mages do more dps than me

#dealwithit
    Are u serious? You really doesnt seem to know your class that well.

Druid Raid Utility:
    Tranq, Rebirth, Urol's Vortex, Typhoon, Stampeding Roar, Innervate, (Symbiosis if that counts as raid utility or not is up to you, but it is nice)
    (Solar Beam for boomies, Entangling Roots, Soothe etc etc, if you count them as raid utility, since mages got poly and shit that really isnt used)
    Compare that to Mages, and we suddenly doesnt have anything, since all of the things druid bring you dont really just need 1, as to which Time Warp, you only need one source of Blood Lust, and then it's Ring of Frost vs all the tools of Druids.
    Also, both Feral and Boomkin does really good dmg, problably in lines with mages.

#dealwithit
    Last edited by mmoc23abb006d1; 2014-02-24 at 01:15 AM.

innervate is trash, stampeding roar and typhoon are situational, everybody has a battle rez.

seriously, if we're going to look at druids and count every situational utility moonkin has we can do the same thing with mages you have blink, alter time, counter spell, frost nova, etc etc

Deleted
    most of those spells you mentioned is SELF utility, this was about RAID utility, and yes many classes have battle rezz, but you cant really get to many. so yeah druids do have more utility. and no Innervate is not trash. Stampeding roar is useful on pretty much every single encounter, yes typhoon is situantional, but so is all of the mages utility aswell, aside from Time Warp that is.

innervate is about 2/3rds of the cost of 1 extra heal every 3 minutes. its trash if you arent resto, in which case its a personal CD

and yes, druids do have "more utility" overall but mages don't have "no utility", its just situational as with mages.

if you're looking at it purely on a "we use this utility move on a per-fight basis" its 1 and 1. tranquility and time warp. in fact very few classes have more than 1 big ancillary move that isn't highly situational.

Deleted
    for real, if you dont consider Stampeding Roar, Battle rezz a raid utility i dont even know what, and as i've said you only need ONE source of bloodlust and the odds are that your the only one that can cast it is minimal, which as Tranq you cant really have to many of, so druids are way better for utitlity, no questions asked.

Now we dont need to derail this thread more on mage vs druid.

Can we please stop the bickering? It doesn't accomplish anything than more of the same.

ITT: Mage tears. Just like every other "Mage should have X" thread.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2014-02-24 at 02:09 AM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

What if they just removed group raid utility for all dps classes so we can end this utility arms race that's gone on the last two expansions?

Well locks have better tools but them having higher dps than mages is an aberration.

Deleted
    Mana Gems for the whole raid and i'm happy and maybe a shorter cd on Ice Block :P

Quote Originally Posted by Minax View Post
    Mana Gems for the whole raid and i'm happy
    That's actually a really good idea ... although it may only help healers, cause nobody gives a fuck about mana nowadays

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mana gems for the raid simply means you're mandatory for the healers, and that's something they're moving away from. I'd be more inclined to say mage food provides the effect of say, 250 stat food. Something useful, but both not mandatory, and doesn't overshadow cooking being the optimal method of that buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Mana gems for the raid simply means you're mandatory for the healers, and that's something they're moving away from. I'd be more inclined to say mage food provides the effect of say, 250 stat food. Something useful, but both not mandatory, and doesn't overshadow cooking being the optimal method of that buff.
    That would be nice, make our food actually useful.

For the folks saying that Rogues also have nothing, Smoke Bomb is an incredibly powerful and underrated ability.

As someone who Raid Leads and doesn't play a mage, I feel I can have an informed while still objective opinion on this. Mages need better utility. Hunters bring every buff in the game (They can fill a gap in your comp), Warlocks bring Cookies which can basically be used like Revival with a smart raid and Rogues bring Smoke Bomb. Blood Lust does not make up for that imbalance.

A moving ice block would be good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Polymorph, iceblock (for a druid aswell), aoe CC, conjure food along with timewarp you just mentioned.

Not enough?
    Conjure food? Really? Who the hell uses that? Maybe if it gave a innate stat bonus... but it doesn't. Iceblock is not raid utility either. Neither Timewarp nor Polymorph are unique to the Mage class either.

Every fucking time I hear another class clamor that Time Warp counts as a unique raid ability I want to punch a baby.

In a 25m there is no reason you should have a mage pop TW over a resto shaman.
    In a 10m, if you're not running at least one shaman I don't know what to tell you, only that your raid comp sucks horse cock.

Then, after TW, tell us what do we have that benefits the raid?

Tons of personal utility? Yeah, that's kind of the point of being a pure class.

Mages top damage? So about Warlocks, Feral Druids and Rogues.....

The amount of uninformed bullshit about mages that people see at face value is getting stupid.
    Last edited by Coldvibes; 2014-02-24 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets give Windwalkers raid utilities too! Mages have more than us so lets start from the bottom of the list at least.