Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I no longer play, but in my time from classic Ragnaros to heroic Garrosh I've been a guild master, raid leader, officer and member of a few exceptional guilds. It's the responsibility of the applicant to be appropriately geared, it's not the guilds responsibility to do it for you. If you have an exceptional history of raiding, then guilds will be more willing to take you under geared. Based on the tone of your post I would have minimal interest in helping you gear up.

At this point, guilds that haven't finished the tier are either taking a break, resigned to being stuck at their current progression forever, or still working hard to progress before WoD. If a guild is working hard to progress, they simply don't have the time to gear you up, as you'll take weeks to get appropriate gear, and will contribute near nothing to their progression.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, ^ gonna leave this here.

& on that note, Ive wasted enough time replying to people that just want to complain rather than read my post and say something constructive.
    I don't see anyone complaining about your complaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? Your entire post history in this thread is one big fucking WAAAHHHHHHH.

You chose not to raid until late in the expansion. You need to gear up. You want someone to carry you. Some of us call BS on that. You WWAAAAHHHH more.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Honestly? Your entire post history in this thread is one big fucking WAAAHHHHHHH.

You chose not to raid until late in the expansion. You need to gear up. You want someone to carry you. Some of us call BS on that. You WWAAAAHHHH more.
    & your post history, about 10 of them telling ppl to get off the forums & talking smack. hm

Deleted
    At this point of the expansion, and especially since you have not done the legendary cloak quest, I would not even advice you to try and look for a guild to seriously raid with. You should just consider making your comeback early on in the next expansion when everyone has roughly the same level of gear, since that is when you can easily prove your worth without needing to do any catch-up.

Truly skilled players will always find a good guild that suits their schedule if they just put some effort into it!

10+ Year Old Account
    & your post history, about 10 of them telling ppl to get off the forums & talking smack. hm
    Because I have little tolerance for whiny kids like you. When I need gear, I go get it. I don't expect others to carry me. You, on the other hand, do nothing but whine. Oh and... here I thought you were done. No wonder you can't get gear, you have no self-discipline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    At this point of the expansion, and especially since you have not done the legendary cloak quest, I would not even advice you to try and look for a guild to seriously raid with. You should just consider making your comeback early on in the next expansion when everyone has roughly the same level of gear, since that is when you can easily prove your worth without needing to do any catch-up.
    Which is why I've always wondered why people DO try to start raiding late in the expansion. It seems an odd choice since you do need to catch up and people are usually not motivated to help you since, by definition, you won't help them progress more in this expansion (it being the last tier).

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I no longer play, but in my time from classic Ragnaros to heroic Garrosh I've been a guild master, raid leader, officer and member of a few exceptional guilds. It's the responsibility of the applicant to be appropriately geared, it's not the guilds responsibility to do it for you. If you have an exceptional history of raiding, then guilds will be more willing to take you under geared. Based on the tone of your post I would have minimal interest in helping you gear up.

At this point, guilds that haven't finished the tier are either taking a break, resigned to being stuck at their current progression forever, or still working hard to progress before WoD. If a guild is working hard to progress, they simply don't have the time to gear you up, as you'll take weeks to get appropriate gear, and will contribute near nothing to their progression.
    This is spot on really. Why help people who won't help themselves. My group is 6/14 heroic and we have actually geared a fresh tank up from i500 to 560ish when we were 14/14N. It slowed our progression for a couple of weeks but we knew the player and they were skilled and reliable so it was worth it. We've also had a couple of people join who have been lower ilevel. We bought them in for the odd carry boss to try get some gear but for the most part they geared themselves with LFR and Flex and pug normals to the point where they could contribute effectively. The only reason we really carried them is because they were friends of people in the group, we would never have done it for strangers.

We all worked hard to get the gear we have and progress as we have, why the hell should we carry some complete random through it all? Good chance they'll get their garrosh kill and the leave. You want the spot? You want to raid? earn. it.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    This is spot on really. Why help people who won't help themselves. My group is 6/14 heroic and we have actually geared a fresh tank up from i500 to 560ish when we were 14/14N. It slowed our progression for a couple of weeks but we knew the player and they were skilled and reliable so it was worth it. We've also had a couple of people join who have been lower ilevel. We bought them in for the odd carry boss to try get some gear but for the most part they geared themselves with LFR and Flex and pug normals to the point where they could contribute effectively. The only reason we really carried them is because they were friends of people in the group, we would never have done it for strangers.

We all worked hard to get the gear we have and progress as we have, why the hell should we carry some complete random through it all? Good chance they'll get their garrosh kill and the leave. You want the spot? You want to raid? earn. it.

It's very hard to "earn" it when you cant get in to pugs cause you need Experience, yet you cant get any cause of the requirement, and guilds ask the same. So you pretty much have to know someone just to get you into raiding. So People like me who would love to work hard for gear, dont get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    It's very hard to "earn" it when you cant get in to pugs cause you need Experience, yet you cant get any cause of the requirement, and guilds ask the same. So you pretty much have to know someone just to get you into raiding. So People like me who would love to work hard for gear, dont get the chance.
    It's because you want to jump straight in to a 14/14n guild or one that is into heroics. You need to start low and then work your way up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    How is the cloaks p2w?
    What kind of question is that? Cloaks are the prime example of Play 2 Win. Play long enough and complete all the quests and you have the advantage over those who don't do that.

If you want to raid then that means you have everything out there to work on so you could raid. I joined a new guild on dif. faction on my ALT, at the start i had timeless/heroic dungeon items on, some of there being pvp items aswell. Rolled a fury warrior since i wanted to play something else than my paladin after 4 years. Searched for a guild in trade chat, found one, told them that i can be just a spot filler at the start until i get some gear. They took me in, 3 months later, i am a main raider with cleared content on normal mode and progressing some heroic bosses aswell. Not the best guild out there but has some of the best people in it that i know in game.
    legendary cloak took me about 2 or 3 months, took it slowly and just played the game normally few hours per day or week. Ofc we have people searching 560+ ilvl players in trade chat for pugs aswell but that is kind of a normal deal, since no one wants to waste time or risk with lowbies who have no exp at all. If you want to prove skill then prove it in a guild not in the trade chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Ive raided since late LK up to DS in a really good raiding guild. MoP came out so I went and tried PvP for a while and 5.4 I wanted to get back into raiding. So when did raiding become a elitist fest?
    Uhm mid BC is my memory serves me right. As far as why do you keep getting douche guilds? I'm not sure most serious raid guilds are a little obnoxious. Your best bet is to wait until new expansion drops if you really want to get back into raiding or find a social guild who moderately raids.

Deleted
    You must be doing something wrong, I came back a few weeks after 5.4 hit and I'm having great fun progressing on Siegecrafter heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    What kind of question is that? Cloaks are the prime example of Play 2 Win. Play long enough and complete all the quests and you have the advantage over those who don't do that.
    Really? All you need to do is just run LFR ToT/SoO and farm little reputation on IoT. It's not play to win actually because after you ran those LFR there was pretty much nothing else you could too. Just wait reset and hope you get more drops. Really easy legendary to obtain and if you dont have time for that then it's too bad, but it really isn't that much time consuming..

So to new & or returning old raiders. Why even try raiding right now in WoW?

Seriously.. Ive raided since late LK up to DS in a really good raiding guild. MoP came out so I went and tried PvP for a while and 5.4 I wanted to get back into raiding. So when did raiding become a elitist fest? 540+ flex.. 550+ normal? Must have cloak? Shitting me? So you're telling me that you have to have a item level above what you cant even achieve to do flex/normal and only way to get that item level is to do those? Timeless isle & LFR is the only options for people that dont meet these crazy requirements. Hows a casual suppose to raid? I guess in this new raiding world.. you dont. Not evenyone can play ya know 10 hours or more a day. for item levels. Remind you I am not complaining for me, because after a week or so of searching I found a guild not even from my server, not even someone from my guild that is willing to carry me and help me out to gear up. My own guild wont even run their low level geared players through flex to help gear them up. So me & a few guildies have left and I have just been raiding with a guild where I know no one.. dont even know the leader and right off dont even remember the guild name & they run me through flex and normal no questions asked, no ilvl bullshit nothing & been doing it for 2 weeks now. So my question is now, why should someone thats new to raiding be subject to put up with this none sense of people thats been raiding all expansion put a number you have to get to be apart of raiding. It doesn't matter what item level you have obviously so I wouldent be getting runs right now. My dps is right up there with the people that has 540+ (mine being 515) I just dont see why someone that would want to raid put up with the restrictions on getting into pugs. The guild aspect is simple, if a guild wants you to raid, tells you to get a higher item level then you can raid with them well then one option, leave. If someone isn't willing to help you out, you should not stick around to help them.

Its funny really, Im raiding with a guild cross server with people I dont even know that I found on OQ, and friends/guild mates on my own server aren't willing to spend a hour from sitting in org doing nothing to help out their own guildies. Sorry its just a little rant I had to get off my chest. Let me have some feedback, if you're new to raiding.. what your experiences have been like. I know 99% of ppl on here will complain but oh well.

Note: Why not join another guild then? Im on a high pop server, Ive been in 5+ guilds since 5.4 released & I started to try and raid. Its these kids attitudes and disrespect for new comers that leave sourer taste in peoples mouths.
    It isn't an "elitist fest". As much as you want raiders to be "neckbearded elitists", nothing is further from the truth. Time is not an issue at all with any aspect of this game unless you're shooting for world firsts. People that raid 9 hours a week can do hard modes. And if you want to blame anything, blame LFR. LFR has shown how bad random groups of players can be. Wiping on LFR bosses shouldn't even be an occurrence. But it happens alot. So people looking for flex runs and pug runs want to get ppl they know at least have done it. So asking for higher ilvls usually means a smoother, less hassle free raid.

And that's what it's about. Nobody wants to play the game 10 hours a day. So people in flex and normal pugs want to keep the time they have to spend wiping to a minimum. And if you want to raid, you can raid. You're just going about it wrong. Yeah, you'll get shot down. Try again. Work on your gear and get into flex runs. Then get into pugs. It isn't difficult. WoW has catch up mechanics out the ass now. But what ppl end up doing is try to get carried through content. There is no incentive for ppl who want a smooth run to take someone with a 500 ilvl into normal SoO. You want to join a guild and get carried. You spam guild chat, then when nobody feels like stopping what they're doing to help, you quit. You don't join guilds expecting to get carried. Find a guild that is at the same level you're at. There are many to choose from that could fit what you need.
    - - - Updated - - -

Sometimes you have to realize that it is you. It isn't other people. If you're consistently getting the same result, it's most likely you. And I'll tell you something there are many people that don't even raid, that don't pvp, that act like elitists in this game. That act like jerks. But in the community's eyes, as long as you don't have a high rating or are 14/14H you can be as big of a jerk as you want, and that's fine. But if you do have a high rating and are 14/14H telling someone simply "No" equals out to be "OMFG THE ELITISTS IN THIS GAME! GODDAMN NECKBEARDS! GOD!".
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2014-02-24 at 07:28 AM.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ladies and gentlemen, ^ gonna leave this here.

& on that note, Ive wasted enough time replying to people that just want to complain rather than read my post and say something constructive.
    Oh the Irony....

Maybe the problem is you. AS you admit, you've been in 4-5 guilds since 5.4 and whine that they don't immediately gear you up while you offer nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    It isn't an "elitist fest". As much as you want raiders to be "neckbearded elitists", nothing is further from the truth. Time is not an issue at all with any aspect of this game unless you're shooting for world firsts. People that raid 9 hours a week can do hard modes.
    Just quoting this for the OP to understand how spot on this post was. 9 hours per week guild here, currently working on heroic Garrosh To the OP, keep looking, try to change your attitude from looking what others can do for you to what you can do yourself, and I'm sure you will find a good guild soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account

Note: Why not join another guild then? Im on a high pop server, Ive been in 5+ guilds since 5.4 released & I started to try and raid. Its these kids attitudes and disrespect for new comers that leave sourer taste in peoples mouths.
    Stormscale EU is that you ??
    if not twisting nether or ragnaros ?

If some random who joins my guild (even though we don't invite randoms..) started demanding people run him through flexes that the rest of the guild doesn't need, he wouldn't be in the guild for long. You're a self admitted guild hopper, so there isn't any special bond you share with these people. If they are one of those guilds that invites randoms, why should they have to carry every random that comes through their ranks?

You did the right thing in finding your own group on OQ. Get gear appropriate for what a guild is targeting (A group working on normals would probably invite someone 540-545 if they filled a position of need, and a Heroic group would probably settle for someone around 560-565), then join a guild and hope to raid with them. Not vice versa.

If you read any of my post, you would notice I said Ive been pvping all expansion. I now want to get back into raiding. But I guess unless I have 14/14h and capes and weps and blah blah I cant do it so.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for this.
    If a guild is looking for people that are 14/14 Normal then that means they're working on Heroics. You're not ready for them. You're not what they're looking for. You need to set your bar lower and work your way up.

Boy oh boy would you have been mad trying to get in to a Sunwell raid after "pvp'ing all expansion" back in TBC. You don't just get to come back and instantly get in to the highest content. That's not how it has ever worked.