Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exile Online - Sci-fi Cyberpunk Sandbox MMO Pre Alpha

Exile Online is an in-development sandbox cyberpunk MMO set in the far future as mankind stuggles to survive political and social strife in a never ending world of plot and subterfuge. The game takes inspiration from many corners of the scifi/cyberpunk genre including: Bladerunner, Akira, Judge Dredd, Deus Ex, Total Recall and Ghost in the Shell.

Imagine a world where intrigue and multiple storyline twists can happen at any moment. Players will be straying far from the "go here kill 10 rabbits" mission archetype that seems to be so prevalent in other MMOs of today. The world will be a place where the actions of one individual can have global consequences and ramifications. Players can choose to join 11 unique factions, capture and control outposts, purchase and furnish their very own penthouse apartments or join up with a group of their closest buddies to go kill some musclebound meatheads.

Main Features

Guilds/clans:
    Exile online will feature in-depth guild mechanics. We believe guilds and clans are the heart of a game, so having diverse and interesting systems in place to encourage cooperative group play is what Exile online will be focused on.

Player Controlled towns/bases/outposts:
    There will be powerful systems in place for guilds and players to create, take and hold territory. If a player is given a plot of land to defend, you can be sure they will fight tooth and nail to keep it.

Dynamic Avatar Creation:
    Exile Online will make full advantage of advanced character creation and customization. Want that tattoo that your mother said you couldn’t have? Want to dress up in a pink metal Tutu? You got it.

Fully Player driven economy:
    All of the best items ingame will be crafted by players. In one form or another, everything you have on your character will be crafted by you or another player.

Player Housing:
    Players can furnish their apartments to suit their own style and tastes. There will be a massive and wide variety of decoration and furnishings to choose from. Go on…put up that gyrating pole dancing platform that you always wanted, we won’t judge you.

Innovative skill system:
    Rather than force players to level from 1 to a finite number, our skill system will be fluid and varied. Players will not be forced to reroll a new character if they want to continue playing their first character. With time and effort, a player will be able to master every skill in the game.

Here are some concept images -

Last edited by mmoc778ee92988; 2014-02-24 at 02:38 AM.

Can it come out tomorrow? Let me know when beta sign ups start, looks awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very Asian looking

Very skeptical I am
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Can it come out tomorrow? Let me know when beta sign ups start, looks awesome.
    Everyone that signs up at this stage is automatically opted in for the chance to take part in testing.

"Players will be straying far from the "go here kill 10 rabbits" mission archetype that seems to be so prevalent in other MMOs of today. The world will be a place where the actions of one individual can have global consequences and ramifications."

Heard this so many times from so many games that have failed to deliver on this.

I'll believe it when there's footage supporting this almost-always false claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Very Asian looking

Very skeptical I am
    Asian looking eh? what makes it look Asian to you just out of curiosity...

Deleted
    Blade Runner?
    Judge Dredd?
    Ghost in the Shell?

Nice, this I like.

Pay to play, subscription, f2p(p2w)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    "Players will be straying far from the "go here kill 10 rabbits" mission archetype that seems to be so prevalent in other MMOs of today. The world will be a place where the actions of one individual can have global consequences and ramifications."

Heard this so many times from so many games that have failed to deliver on this.

I'll believe it when there's footage supporting this almost-always false claim.
    The game is not going to force you to go and kill some chickens to level up, with a sandbox environment, there are so many more interesting things to do than sit there and mindlessly smash 1-5 to kill an elf and get some exp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    Blade Runner?
    Judge Dredd?
    Ghost in the Shell?

Nice, this I like.

Pay to play, subscription, f2p(p2w)?
    There is a FAQ thread up on the forum, feel free to check it out - http://exile-online.com/forums/5/the...tion-thread-18

But in regards to your question, Exile Online will be a Free To Play title with income being generated from an in-game cash shop that does NOT include pay to win items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus2015 View Post
    Everyone that signs up at this stage is automatically opted in for the chance to take part in testing.
    Just for your info; it seems that the fields and text have the same colour, can't see what I'm typing unless I highlight the whole field.

The conecpt art looks amazing. Too bad that alpha testing doesn't start until early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Very Asian looking

Very skeptical I am
    It's not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    Just for your info; it seems that the fields and text have the same colour, can't see what I'm typing unless I highlight the whole field.
    The website is brand new so some styling issues are still being worked on, i was pretty sure that the text was white, but i guess it got reverted to the default colour which is not very helpful. It will be changed soon.

You can also register with this link- http://exile-online.com/forums/user/register

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, unfortunately all mmos tend to fall short of their true goals or lack the support they need to stand on their own , but I do like the themes/art/concept here a lot. Good luck to them, when i get a chance i will check their website out and learn more about this.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So I will need to travel back in time to like 2002 for this game to look ok?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    So I will need to travel back in time to like 2002 for this game to look ok?
    Haha good one, if you notice the video title says that it is in Pre Pre Alpha and that it is using placeholder assets.

You can certainly expect a massive improvement on the visual look of the game in the updates in the coming future.

PoE became such a great game developed by an indie company. I hope you can reach that level. The concept art looks awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finifi View Post
    PoE became such a great game developed by an indie company. I hope you can reach that level. The concept art looks awesome.
    It seems games with the word Exile in the name seem to do well these days...

Heheh anyway, there are some amazing looking art assets in development at this time, showing them off will be a distinct pleasure.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks great is there a way to sign up for beta or something? or an eta when we can?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacabra View Post
    looks great is there a way to sign up for beta or something? or an eta when we can?
    Register here - http://exile-online.com/forums/user/register

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks very interesting I will defiently try it out.

Also love your FAQ witty responses.

But what i love the most is that the passive skills train by using the eve online method.

Unless of cause you fuck it up I will defiently try it out when it comes out.

one question though are you planning for a physical collectors edition? I am a sucker for these kind of things. (I collect them and showcase them.)
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    This looks very interesting I will defiently try it out.

Also love your FAQ witty responses.

But what i love the most is that the passive skills train by using the eve online method.

Unless of cause you fuck it up I will defiently try it out when it comes out.

one question though are you planning for a physical collectors edition? I am a sucker for these kind of things. (I collect them and showcase them.)
    A collectors edition will be available as part of a Kickstarter pledge level.