i'm planning upgrading my current rig

CPU:i5 4670k @ stock
    Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo
    Motherboard: z87-g45
    GPU: AMD 5850 Black edition
    RAM: 2x4 gb corsair vengeance 1600 mhz
    PSU: HX850 Corsair Gold certified modular
    CASE: Coolermaster Haf 922

I need to upgrade my GPU, i'd like to play some of the upcomming games on atleast hig, such as "Watch dogs, The Division, Warlords of Draenor(ofc), "
    i assume there is more, but well that's what i can remember.. the question is should i stick with 770 for those games or would a 780 be better
    and if a 770, which one should i get (Model)

Thanks in advance

- I made the banner, so feel free to copy and share!

What resolution are we talking here?

http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1037?vs=1036

~15% performance delta average at a glance

Pricing is around 30% difference. If you aren't running at a really high res you're probably not going to see a noticeable FPS gain...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently using 2x1920x1080 monitors, 1 for gaming and the other for browsing and so on.

780ti.

Here are a few more benchmarks: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Tetchy,

i know the ti is superior, but budget is stricted to 780 at max

I'd go with the 770 at that res personally. No real reason as far as I can see that would justify the 60% price difference between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    I'd go with the 770 at that res personally. No real reason as far as I can see that would justify the 60% price difference between the two.

Sounds like a plan, do you know which models is the best... i've heard good stuff about the asus card, low noice level, rarely coil whine
    but EVGA should be known for high quality products and very good support

I don't have any concrete evidence one way or the other. I'd probably go EVGA over ASUS, but have no justifiable logic for my choice other than I liked my EVGA cards in the past...

770. I use a factory OC 670 and run all games max, although I only use 1 monitor at 1080. I really doubt an extra monitor would require much considering it's used as a separate screen, not dual while gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i'll stick with the EVGA card, i heard good things about their ACX cooling

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually buy from Asus or MSI for best cooling but asus is top of the line for cooling. I never overclock since i don't like to waste my money i want my stuff to last 6 years or more or not turn my room into an oven. If your looking for overclocking then the cards might be good also and probably someone here has experience with that since a lot of kids this days like to overclock this days unless they are paying for the components.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say definitely the 770 for you by the sounds of it.

I'd personally be going for the Asus DCU2, but the EVGA ACX is a good card too.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

I bought the EVGA 770 ACX and a stock i5-4670k last week (1080p x2 too). You won't be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    #Danifilth
    tbh, i really disslike the idea of overclocking my GPu so i will stay as much away from it i can

#Fierae
    Yeah i think so too, i've pretty much heard good things about all the brands :P, thats why i have such a hard time picking one

#Badaku

Nice, how about noice level, do you hear your card at any point? and degrees, whats the maximum you've seen so far

Well the PC is under my desk so I don't really know if it makes noises or not. And I have pretty much the worst case in the world so it's 45-55c in wow and goes up to 70-79c in the pretty games like Metro and Crysis.

Why not Radeon R9 290? Its priced same as 770 but with 15-20% better performance even in games that prefer Nvidia. In a lot of tests its even beter then 780.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balvan View Post
    Why not Radeon R9 290? Its priced same as 770 but with 15-20% better performance even in games that prefer Nvidia. In a lot of tests its even beter then 780.
    I really dont like AMD im afraid, most of the drivers i've had with my 5850 has been failures, even the current one i using is performing bad in wow 13.12
    so i really wanna try Geforce now, i really like their interface and their shadowplay.. + most of my friends are using geforce, and they're happy with the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Qubis View Post
    I really dont like AMD im afraid, most of the drivers i've had with my 5850 has been failures, even the current one i using is performing bad in wow 13.12
    so i really wanna try Geforce now, i really like their interface and their shadowplay.. + most of my friends are using geforce, and they're happy with the drivers.
    I understand your point. I too didnt like AMD before. But this is new generation of AMD cards with many positive critics all around. But whatever, if u prefer nvidia taking 770 is not a mistake. I just think that u get noticeably more for same money with R9 290.

I bought the EVGA 770. Last week I looked up bench mark / comparisons between the different manufactures and they're all nearly identical +/- 2 FPS. The one with the 3 fans had the best cooling, but even that was nearly identical between the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I usually buy from Asus or MSI for best cooling but asus is top of the line for cooling. I never overclock since i don't like to waste my money i want my stuff to last 6 years or more or not turn my room into an oven. If your looking for overclocking then the cards might be good also and probably someone here has experience with that since a lot of kids this days like to overclock this days unless they are paying for the components.
    What? Turn your room into a oven? You must have very terrible ambient temps. If you don't like to OC than you must have very basic hardware... How about you build a custom liquid cooling system for your cpu, mobo, and gpu so your claims of having a oven for a room wouldn't happen? Or even get your closed looped water cooling. Get out of here haha.

Btw... With proper cooling and proper OCing your parts WILL last 6 years +