Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    purified binding of immerseus - for healers

    hello

    just did norm SoO and this dropped (553). I replaced my 528 dysmorphic with this one .

    I saw a substantial increase in my healing and noticed that the int procc DID work for me.


    I was contacted both durng and after the raid (it was a pug) and was asked to give it away in favor of a RL guildy mage.


    I explained that the trinket was a HUGE upgrade for my MS and as such I needed on it - and won. so I decided to keep it for myself.


    needless to say he wasn't happy about it and I'll probably won't get any invites from their guilds any time soon .

    would like another opinion on the matter.

  2. #2
    there is a healer version with better stats but who cares with what you did and what they did anyway :/ i really dislike people turning this forum into gossip section and this is why there are so much stupid hatred on the forums.

    Yes ofc binding would work why wouldn't it? it says on the tooltip how it works already?. so i don't see your point of posting this to be fair.

    if i had a 433 weapon and i replaced it with heroic warforged hornet mace from garrosh, i think it's minus dps.

  3. #3
    not here for the gossip , just needed another opinion.

    I know for sure it's an upgrade for me as a healer, but is it a viable healers trinket to the point me needing on it is fine? I still have like an hour on the trade timer to make a different decision and this is why I came here for advice.

    also , the healer's version "prismatic prison of pride" , which is BiS for healers has the SAME stats. making the binding an identical BiS.
    Last edited by leorana; 2013-11-24 at 12:43 AM.

  4. #4
    Dreadlord Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    794
    I was thinking of using both those trinkets on my disc priest but the dps one doesn't seem to procc for me even with atonement healing. How did you get it to procc for druids?

  5. #5
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    83
    So i'm a boomkin and it works just fine for me when i "Cast spells". I switched to resto and equipped the trinket and cast moonfire and wrath for a good 6 mins without one proc of expanded mind. Did a little research walked up to the target dummy and auto attacked it. The trinket proc went off on my first hit.

  6. #6
    it proccs from auto attacks . I just melee the boss once a minute for it to procc and that's it

    wrath and moonfire doesn't cause it to procc . but auto attacks do

  7. #7
    Hi,
    Pooh...difficult.
    lets start off. i am a resto druid manly.
    - so it is A dps trinket. and it shoundt proc on healing spells. but apperently ( i think) thats a bugg. so keep i mind they might fix that!!!! so 1 reason that you should have givin it away.
    - But. if it normaly even for a healer procs when using wrath healing or just throwing in some moonfires to get the proc. Then my former sentence should be ignored. because you could actualy make it proc when YOU want it to. and then you have 2x times the *(instert number)% extra to secondary stats trinket. + a ondemand intelect bonus ( 8 moonfires should have proc'ed it). so for that reason you have as much right to it then.

    thats my opion about the loot it self.

    but a couple of things: you said it was a pug: then i depends on how you deal the gear. for instance if they had reason 2 give all the gear to 1 person i would get that you needed it.
    And how was the loot delt. need before greed, master loot, if it was need before greed it was your good right to need on it.
    also: Was it a HUGE upgrade for the mage. if so then a dps should go to dps'er.
    but: do you both raid allot. I would say give it to the real raider. if he or you where on a alt or dodnt raid much. then the other one who does should have gotten it.
    no 1 more thing. you where asked to give it to a rl guildy mage...i understand you mean a friend of yours??? then i hope you and i never become friends if you screw me over my dps best in slot trinket.

    so if we use wow lingo....YOU NINJA :P

    but for real. its nice if you can get it. and it procs for you. But its is a dps trinket. they should have done the loot distrubition better. but you should have asked before needing. And Yes its a good trinket for you. but main spec Always goes for offspec. and it Aint your BiS trinket. but it most likely was the mages BiS trinket. I personaly. would have kicked you from the raid, threw you out of my real id list. and warn everyone of you.

    but i dodnt know anything about you. mabye you havent had good loot in weeks and they Always get the good loot. mabye your friend screwed you over 10times and this was just Lucky revenge. but you just got a nice trinket...but sha's and thoks trinket Are WAY better for you.
    and again. the proc from healing spells is almost 100% sure a bugg. and will be fixxed. and even if it procs from moonfire. you need 2 spamm it. and if you are a progression raider spamming moonfire while 2 healing most bosses in this raid is kinda hard. ( on farm bosses its possible).
    so ....yeah....not difficult at all. just play nice next time. and Always look who needs the items the most. i past a very good weapon upgrade 2 the paladin healer in my group ( 40 item levels better) because mastery aint my stat. but is his stat.

  8. #8
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant 11761 Intellect for 20 sec. (15% chance, 115 sec cooldown)

    Bolded the important part here.

    Unless you're an atonement healing priest, this trinket should really go to DPS.
    "Video games only exist, so that idiots have something to be good at" - Joe Hildebrand

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    Dickhead move to take a DPS trinket tbh, if a trinket with 2000 spirit instead of my 1900 one drops and it has a 100k Strenght proc, I sure as hell am not gonna take it from my fellow warrior raiders.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tracking his nose
    Posts
    381
    I will point out that it will require quite a few melee attacks to get that trinket to proc with the 15% chance, on many fights this is problematic for positioning.

    Not only this but it's BiS for nearly all casters, whereas there are better options out there for resto druids (generally due to the above factor).

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Hi,
    Pooh...difficult.
    lets start off. i am a resto druid manly.
    - so it is A dps trinket. and it shoundt proc on healing spells. but apperently ( i think) thats a bugg. so keep i mind they might fix that!!!! so 1 reason that you should have givin it away.
    - But. if it normaly even for a healer procs when using wrath healing or just throwing in some moonfires to get the proc. Then my former sentence should be ignored. because you could actualy make it proc when YOU want it to. and then you have 2x times the *(instert number)% extra to secondary stats trinket. + a ondemand intelect bonus ( 8 moonfires should have proc'ed it). so for that reason you have as much right to it then.

    thats my opion about the loot it self.

    but a couple of things: you said it was a pug: then i depends on how you deal the gear. for instance if they had reason 2 give all the gear to 1 person i would get that you needed it.
    And how was the loot delt. need before greed, master loot, if it was need before greed it was your good right to need on it.
    also: Was it a HUGE upgrade for the mage. if so then a dps should go to dps'er.
    but: do you both raid allot. I would say give it to the real raider. if he or you where on a alt or dodnt raid much. then the other one who does should have gotten it.
    no 1 more thing. you where asked to give it to a rl guildy mage...i understand you mean a friend of yours??? then i hope you and i never become friends if you screw me over my dps best in slot trinket.

    so if we use wow lingo....YOU NINJA :P

    but for real. its nice if you can get it. and it procs for you. But its is a dps trinket. they should have done the loot distrubition better. but you should have asked before needing. And Yes its a good trinket for you. but main spec Always goes for offspec. and it Aint your BiS trinket. but it most likely was the mages BiS trinket. I personaly. would have kicked you from the raid, threw you out of my real id list. and warn everyone of you.

    but i dodnt know anything about you. mabye you havent had good loot in weeks and they Always get the good loot. mabye your friend screwed you over 10times and this was just Lucky revenge. but you just got a nice trinket...but sha's and thoks trinket Are WAY better for you.
    and again. the proc from healing spells is almost 100% sure a bugg. and will be fixxed. and even if it procs from moonfire. you need 2 spamm it. and if you are a progression raider spamming moonfire while 2 healing most bosses in this raid is kinda hard. ( on farm bosses its possible).
    so ....yeah....not difficult at all. just play nice next time. and Always look who needs the items the most. i past a very good weapon upgrade 2 the paladin healer in my group ( 40 item levels better) because mastery aint my stat. but is his stat.

    when I wrote "rl guildy" I meant the raid leader's guildy. not my friend just a person I was asked to pug with.

    loot distribution was group loot. the ppl from the same guild asked me to give it away just because "that's the only reason the mage came here for" end quote.

    the way I see it , if the prismatic prison is BiS , and this trinket has same stats and same proc I did had the right to it - same as anyone else. as for the "attacks" part , I'll remind you that some healing class still use attacks in their rotation. not until long ago healadins needed to hit the boss a few times. auto-attacking the boss is off the GCD and cause it to proc with no need to spam it so I see no reason not to have BiSX2

    this might be BiS for that mage , but it is also BiS for me , so why should I give it away ?

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Neliah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant 11761 Intellect for 20 sec. (15% chance, 115 sec cooldown)

    Bolded the important part here.

    Unless you're an atonement healing priest, this trinket should really go to DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I was thinking of using both those trinkets on my disc priest but the dps one doesn't seem to procc for me even with atonement healing. How did you get it to procc for druids?

    Personally I haven't even glanced at that trinket. To me it just sounds like a bug, and even if they'd fix that melee-swinging I don't think that a healer would (I know I don't) have time to stand and melee a boss? :P

  13. #13
    Enjoy not getting invited back. It was a pug, so take it, but don't come crying when no one will run with you.

  14. #14
    It's not BIS for you for two reasons. One, it does NOT stack with the Prismatic Prison, so you should not be using both of them at once. The Prison is significantly better for you because it procs off something you naturally should be doing at all times, which is healing. You have to auto-attack to proc the Bindings, which given your slow autoattack speed, it's low proc chance, and the fact that it massively limits your options (You are not a paladin. You are not designed to melee while casting, so your spells reset your auto-attack timer. This means you have to actually stop healing to try and proc it) means that you are using a significantly suboptimal trinket for your spec. Even though it may be a temporary upgrade for you, you're taking a BIS trinket away from a DPS just to throw it away yourself once you get the one designed for you.

  15. #15
    you only need to melee the boss once a minute and 15 secs, just about every boss in SoO allows you to do this . on fights where you're standing on the boss (immerseus, nouroshen, sha, thok) or in small areas (protectors, spoils , mal) it's hardly a problem . only bosses where it's might be less than optimal are blackfuse, paragons and garrosh but the passive 7% will still make up for it even if it never procs.

    besides , as I mentioned before , if healadins could melee the boss then I don't see a reason why resto druids can't for a short time

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    It's not BIS for you for two reasons. One, it does NOT stack with the Prismatic Prison, so you should not be using both of them at once. The Prison is significantly better for you because it procs off something you naturally should be doing at all times, which is healing. You have to auto-attack to proc the Bindings, which given your slow autoattack speed, it's low proc chance, and the fact that it massively limits your options (You are not a paladin. You are not designed to melee while casting, so your spells reset your auto-attack timer. This means you have to actually stop healing to try and proc it) means that you are using a significantly suboptimal trinket for your spec. Even though it may be a temporary upgrade for you, you're taking a BIS trinket away from a DPS just to throw it away yourself once you get the one designed for you.
    now that's a whole diff story. are you sure it doesn't stack with the other trinket? it that is the case it is indeed useless to me

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    you only need to melee the boss once a minute and 15 secs, just about every boss in SoO allows you to do this . on fights where you're standing on the boss (immerseus, nouroshen, sha, thok) or in small areas (protectors, spoils , mal) it's hardly a problem . only bosses where it's might be less than optimal are blackfuse, paragons and garrosh but the passive 7% will still make up for it even if it never procs.

    besides , as I mentioned before , if healadins could melee the boss then I don't see a reason why resto druids can't for a short time

    - - - Updated - - -



    now that's a whole diff story. are you sure it doesn't stack with the other trinket? it that is the case it is indeed useless to me
    I am very sure that they don't stack. You can proc them both, but you can only have one amp effect active. And like I said about Healadins, they (and Mistweavers) are designed to melee while healing. So when they cast spells, it doesn't reset their melee timer, allowing them to sneak melee swings in between instant cast spells. A resto druid does NOT have that benefit. You can get in melee range and spam instant casts all day, you won't get melee swings the same way a paladin will.

    On top of that, it's 15% proc chance per melee swing. So depending on which weapon you use, it can be 30 seconds of melee swinging without healing to force the proc. If you were in my raid and spent almost 25% of the encounter auto-attacking without healing, I'd boot your ass out of the raid and blacklist you for sure.
    Last edited by Lynarii; 2013-11-24 at 01:23 AM.

  17. #17
    The trinket from immerseus procs from auto attacks when you are in healing spec, that makes it just as good as the one that drops from sha of pride (that procs from healing), actually the immerseus one is better, because you can choose when you get the proc.

    i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | R9 280X | Samsung Evo 250GB

  18. #18
    If the rules set for that raid allowed you to roll on it, it's really their failure for not setting up the rules as they wanted them.

    Sucks for the mage, but not your problem.

    As for the stacking, that should be easy to test. Just equip one, then the other and check for stat changes.

  19. #19
    the only healer that can reliably proc this trinket in all situations w/o hijinks and cheesiness are mistweavers

    and the amp trinkets aren't actually all too amazing until you're already at mostly heroic gear anyways

  20. #20
    Honestly, if the guy wants to keep the thing (and it sounds like he does) he will no matter what we say. No skin off my nose, I don't do pug raids so doesn't hurt me at all. But he should at least understand how the thing works in practice and why people will raise their eyebrow at him using it. If he doesn't care, he doesn't care.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •