Poll: What option will they choose?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will WoD remove Mangle cat?

With the release of WoD Blizzard claims to be wiping 20% of each classes abilities.

They will not be adding any additional abilities while leveling 90-100.

They could do 1 of 2 things:
    1) Mangle removed, shred baseline has no positional requirement.
    2) Shred passive buff between 90-100 that removes the positional requirement.

Personally I'd prefer the former, and save the passive buff for something a little more interesting.

I don't wanna lose any single spell, even Soothe that used only sometimes,
    but I think they will rather remove Shred instead Mangle
    there is no ability bloat in game it's just lazy players with their idiotic customizable UI, that they can't fit buttons on their tiny action bars
    other side it's a fun time thinking before encounter which ability you gong to use, do you need to root something, cyclone, heal someone, or dispell enrage, in those case it not that hard to go spellbook and put needed spell out to your bars/keybinds
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-02-24 at 07:50 AM.

They will remove shred if anything, not mangle, that way bear/cat uses the same button in the spell book for both abilities.

Things I also see us losing:

-Innervate
    -Hibernate
    -Soothe

Overall I don't feel that druids suffer from ability bloat, sure we get a lot of spells from other specs like heals/Moonfire/Hurricane. But thats not really the same. We also benefit in a major way from having stance bars for out forms.

If I have to spam the annoying sound of Mangle or to manage that stupid "ability" called Savage Roar one more expansion, I'm gonna drive crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Other: Remove mangle, dont buff shred, only remove positional requirement

they said they removed 20% of all abilties, this likemy mean the the mangle & shred confusines is a good candidate.
    but the removal of mangle does not ask for a buff on shred at all, the only thing that needs to change is the removal of the positional requirement

dont get my wrong, this is what i think is likely to happent, its not what i want to happen, what iwant to happent is blizzard staying of my buttons i like them
    i like all buttons as stated above, i like soothy, i like entangle, i like cyclone, i like innervat. they all have no direct use for a cat but they do have thier uses every now and then
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2014-02-24 at 10:54 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    there is no ability bloat in game it's just lazy players with their idiotic customizable UI, that they can't fit buttons on their tiny action bars

Ignorance really is bliss. Enjoy it.

I agree, I like all my abilities and don't want to lose a single one.I don't have them all on my bars because 1. Bindpad and 2. I swap in abilities as I need them before a fight.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Between the two, they would obviously get rid of shred not mangle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Between the two, they would obviously get rid of shred not mangle.
    i was taking a 2nd thoguh on this, and hell they might aswel remove both mangle and shred and brind back claw, as its more iconic to cat druids, and then give claw the same benefits / dmg as mangle used to have

i dont like this idea of loosing buttons, one of my MAJOR annoyince in GW was that i was only able to carry 8 buttons around. i feel wow is gonig the same way, i already disapointed by the buttons we lost at MoP luanch
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2014-02-24 at 01:59 PM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I'm looking forward to Blizzard trimming the fat. In my opinion there are plenty of abilities across all classes/specs that are either redundant or far too situational to be concerned with.

What I'm more concerned about as feral is the removal of DOT snapshotting. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    dot snapshotting is not realy a concern becase. they still snapshot on TF
    they will not snap on procs, so this will have a major impoavt on our dps, we will look bad on the meter
    and we will be buffed to fix that
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i was taking a 2nd thoguh on this, and hell they might aswel remove both mangle and shred and brind back claw, as its more iconic to cat druids, and then give claw the same benefits / dmg as mangle used to have

i dont like this idea of loosing buttons, one of my MAJOR annoyince in GW was that i was only able to carry 8 buttons around. i feel wow is gonig the same way, i already disapointed by the buttons we lost at MoP luanch
    Claw hasn't been iconic for Ferals for a very long long time. It's like saying Hurricane is the iconic ability of Moonkins.

Besides that Claw doesn't sound cool

Keeping Mangle as a shared button between ferals and guardians makes the most sense.

Personally, what I would enjoy most is to see Mangle go away for cats, while simultaneously removing Shred's positional requirement, with the caveat that Shred deals bonus damage when you are behind the target. The real issue I have with positional abilities like Shred and Backstab (and yes, I have heard rumors that positionals are going away entirely) is that so many bosses have a tendency to swing around and cast something in your direction... right as you hit the button, rendering that GCD void. The same thing could be done to Mangle, as well, but I think it'd be nice to keep Shred for us kitties.

All that said, I would very surprised if Blizzard were to keep Mangle and Shred and Ravage.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Ignorance really is bliss. Enjoy it.
    Doesn't change the fact that removing "ability bloat" makes the already easy game, easier.
    I don't see how anyone that plays on PC would want less keys, that's like counter intuitive to pc gaming.
    It's like removing lean sideways from shooter games, and you end up with some abortion of a game like 90% of current FPS thanks to nokeys on controllers.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2014-02-24 at 06:04 PM.

People always assume that higher number of buttons = higher skillcap, but completely ignore all the other things that are imo even more determining of how good a player is like awareness, quick decision making, target switching, keep performing well in chaotic high movement situations, communication and teamwork.. the list goes on. Number of buttons has nothing to do with these things.

Frankly even if a spec had one single button to push every global for optimal dps, baddies would still not be able to raid with a decent group, and a good player will still do more than a stupid player on most encounters.

Technically Shred is going to be removed because they are removing the positional requirement of spells. Whether or not Mangle gets the 20% bonus to bleeding targets or not that is yet to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    other side it's a fun time thinking before encounter which ability you gong to use, do you need to root something, cyclone, heal someone, or dispell enrage, in those case it not that hard to go spellbook and put needed spell out to your bars/keybinds
    This is why no one takes your posts seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    People always assume that higher number of buttons = higher skillcap, but completely ignore all the other things that are imo even more determining of how good a player is like awareness, quick decision making, target switching, keep performing well in chaotic high movement situations, communication and teamwork.. the list goes on. Number of buttons has nothing to do with these things.

Frankly even if a spec had one single button to push every global for optimal dps, baddies would still not be able to raid with a decent group, and a good player will still do more than a stupid player on most encounters.
    People assume and they are right. All the additional stuff that you mentioned is mandatory for a good player. Making his toolkit simplier does make things easier overall. Don't compare an idiot with a good player. Works only on equal ground.
    Druid for me was always about such a high diversity. Even in feral having most spells of other specs(which is already not the case anymore). And they will continue to remove spells as they say. Sadly there is no place for gimmik spells anymore, which you would use once a day. Anyone remember mind soothe? I liked it.

For me it's a big turnoff. Like Guild wars or wildstar now. So few (active)abilities.

I would be sad if we only had shred or mangle.

I would rather them keep both, but if that's not possible I would rather them keep Mangle. Shred would give us the same complaints we had at the beginning of last expansion that Feral is too positionally dependent

Obviously I think they're both in a pretty terrible spot, I do like Shred as a main filler and mangle only used to apply a debuff like in WotLK but I know some people didn't. The damage is way too comparable for abilities with such a difference in efficiency;you need to be rewarded for using shred, and having it only used for OoC procs doesn't feel rewarding.

Also, how are you going to level as feral without mangle? I know this is a minor point, but if you remove Mangle the only way you could build up combo points would be rake spam (assuming they remove mangle and Shred still has a positional requirement). You would pretty much be pigeon-holed into spamming dungeons so you could use shred, because mobs aren't turning their back to you in the world. It would make level feral unbelievably painful, perhaps even worse than it was pre-cata (when you had to use claw until 50).

Deleted
    I think they should remove Shred and form the start of the expansion have Mangle energy cost reduced slightly and then increase it latter on.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have already said they are merging Mangle/Shred AND backstab/Hemo at Blizzcon.

Most likely, Shred will be removed, and Mangle will simply do 20% more damage when behind the target, if that remains at all. There is also the possiblity of Ravage being merged with Mangle, where Mangle does extra damage while stealthed and while in Incarnation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    If I have to spam the annoying sound of Mangle or to manage that stupid "ability" called Savage Roar one more expansion, I'm gonna drive crazy.
    You are obviously playing the wrong class, and should probs reroll to Mage, preferably Arcane, if using 2 rotational abilities that Ferals have used for a number of expansions drives you nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.