Thread: MW Mastery

MW Mastery

Monks have the worst Mastery of all the healing classes for one simple reason. It has no synergy with our other spells.

Every other healer in WOW has a mastery that directly buffs their spells in some way. Monks mastery creates its own stand-alone mechanic that requires people to actually go out of their way to use it themselves. We have no control over it. Even in my guild when people know to watch out for those little green balls and to take advantage of near ones we still regularly finish fights with dozens of them still on the ground, wasted.

I like that Monks are different from other healing classes, which is why I chose to heal on one, even if it is sub-optimal on many fights, though this one aspect has always bothered me.

What I would like to see happen to our mastery would for it to have some type of synergy with our other spells. For instance have a mastery that grants a shield for a % of our heals on the target if they are already at full health.

Over healing happens often as a MW due to the nature of RM and Uplift spam. This is the core of our healing and the so-called smart heal of RM is often sent to someone who in no way needs it. It also happens frequently due to needing to prep RM on as many targets as possible in preparation of high dmg phases.

I don't feel this would be too OP but I could be wrong. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on the current mastery being weird. I mean the only way I could see it effective is if you literally just reforge and gem it up the ying so literally if anyone moves they will have to hit one of those spheres. Idk I would want to see them make the current mastery a baseline passive and then mastery would be "chance that healing sphere grants caster 1 chi" or maybe like what you were saying "chance to make healing sphere turn into a shield". I like the idea of random spheres because it moves away from the spam healing that is currently in the game. They're changing the way healing works in general in WoD so I would stick with monk since they're kind of the odd one out in this xpac. I have a feeling they're gonna shine next xpac

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

Deleted
    Fuck no that's an awful idea, shields are the absolute worst things for healing in this game ever since they progressed past PW:S. The problem with our mastery is that it's just not good enough, it's hilariously shit with our AoE healing and far too strong for single target healing. When I had a blog post about it, comparing it to Echo of Light, it was roughly 70% ahead on single target with SooM and Env, but 90% behind on Revival.