Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Yeah, basically if assassination with swords was viable I would be a happy undead. The only thing I dislike about assassination is the dagger requirement when I'd rather be swinging swords around.

Deleted
    i hope that they dont remove daggers from game... since only rogue use them.
    sigh...

I doubt they will remove daggers.

Fury warrior's Raging Blow uses the same animation as Mutilate if I recall. Fury warriors can use it with axes, maces, swords, and even fist weapons. Surely they can tweak it so rogues can to.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Fury warrior's Raging Blow uses the same animation as Mutilate if I recall. Fury warriors can use it with axes, maces, swords, and even fist weapons. Surely they can tweak it so rogues can to.
    Polearms too, I think.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CUCAIPUCA View Post
    i hope that they dont remove daggers from game... since only rogue use them.
    sigh...
    maybe we have to fight with casters over them in WoD.

Agi Daggers are to us, what int plate is to paladins

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    maybe we have to fight with casters over them in WoD.

Agi Daggers are to us, what int plate is to paladins
    Doubtful. They said weapons, rings, necks, and trinkets will not change depending on spec. They'll have AP or SP (exclusively; not dynamically like primaries on armor) instead of a primary for more class crossover.

they wont just give us weapons options that are clearly worse than our default choice now. They'll most likely put in a balance trait for non-dagger weapons

this is also an excellent time to give rogues polearms.

duel polearms. For Mutilate.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-02-28 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Polearms too, I think.
    rogues can't use two handers, I was speaking of Single Minded Fury, since it uses the same weapons rogues are actually capable of equipping and DPSing with.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    rogues can't use two handers, I was speaking of Single Minded Fury, since it uses the same weapons rogues are actually capable of equipping and DPSing with.
    Fair enough. My point was that it's fairly clear the animation is already quite, if not entirely, weapon-agnostic.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    they wont just give us weapons options that are clearly worse than our default choice now. They'll most likely put in a balance trait for non-dagger weapons

this is also an excellent time to give rogues polearms.

duel polearms. For Mutilate.
    I could go for that.

If the jerk devs would just let rogues mog daggers into swords/axes/maces, that would be the best answer visually. But no, they got a bug up their butts about how it affects animation, which you'd have to squint at with your face right up to the monitor to see any uninspiring rogue animation anyways...