Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What class has the most proc burst?

I bring this up because I recently resubscribed after about a 6 month break. I starting playing my warlock again, who was at lvl 80. My favorite spec is affliction and the first thing I noticed was, wheres my free shadow bolt nightfall procs!?!? Then after searching through my bars, i noticed I don't even have shadowbolt. And that was one of my most enjoyable things for me about playing affliction was getting a instant shadowbolt.

So what class / specs, besides Ele Shamans, Have the most instant procs? Because I love getting free instant spells for crazy random burst damage.

I really miss the old nightfall pros. I was hoping for at least haunt to be free and instant cast?

If you like instant proc try to play shadow priest with "From darkness, Comes light" and "Divine Insight" talent.
    When you have 2-3 targets you got proc none stop.

Enhance comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off the top of my head...

- Fire Mage with Pyroblast!
    - Balance Druid with Shooting Stars for cd reset, instant Starsurges

I would say shadow (with those two talents) and frost mage. Most specs have reactionary procs of some kind, but shadow and frost have tons of 'em.

Enchance Shamdog, without a doubt it seems.
    And Balance Boomy.

Frost mage, I'd say. Fingers of Frost + Brain Freeze + Alter Time = mind-boggling burst. Pick Frost bomb for reliable brain freeze procs + the frost bomb itself hits for a trackload of damage, which can be seen as the first step of a burst combo.
    Oh, and if you launch frost orb into a pack of mobs? GCD would never be quick enough!

Has anyone who said Enh even read the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravemind View Post
    Has anyone who said Enh even read the first post?
    I doubt it, since enh burst is CD based, not proc.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Frost mage, I'd say. Fingers of Frost + Brain Freeze + Alter Time = mind-boggling burst. Pick Frost bomb for reliable brain freeze procs + the frost bomb itself hits for a trackload of damage, which can be seen as the first step of a burst combo.
    Oh, and if you launch frost orb into a pack of mobs? GCD would never be quick enough!
    Properly itemized Fire AND Arcane specs will absolutely destroy frost burst and overall dps.

OT: I'm going to say Fire Mage at higher ilvl's. With appropriate crit, you can almost have endless Pyroblast! procs in the chamber.
    Last edited by Steve the Sloth; 2014-02-24 at 08:03 PM.

The people saying enhance either didn't read OP, or don't understand how enhance shamans work. Enhance has ONE proc and that's maelstrom weapon. That and the way OP is worded makes it seem like they're looking more for a caster, not a melee.

Anyway...

@OP I'd suggest trying out a frost mage. Between Fingers of frost and Brain freeze you have a lot of instant procs that just happen. Other than that fire mage has a lot of proc damage from instant pyros, surv hunters sorta have some from lock and load procs.

I second Frost. It's a bit sick.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

1. Elemental Shaman (Lava Burst, Fulmination, Mastery: Elemental Overload, Echo of the Elements)
    2. Frost Mage (Frostfire Bolt, and Ice Lance)
    3. Shadow Priest spec'd into FDCL, and DI
    4. Moonkin (Starsurge)
    4. Fire Mage (Pyroblast)
    Last edited by muto; 2014-02-24 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    1. Elemental Shaman (Lava Burst, and Fulmination)
    2. Frost Mage (Frostfire Bolt, and Ice Lance)
    3. Moonkin (Starsurge)
    4. Fire Mage (Pyroblast)
    5. Shadow Priest spec'd into FDCL, and DI

Warlock Damage is predictable burst. When your trinkets proc, that's when you burst.
    Pretty sure pyro hits harder than starsurge even accounting for cds and mastery bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Pretty sure pyro hits harder than starsurge even accounting for cds and mastery bonuses.
    It probably does, but the proc rate is prob around the same.

Ret pally with 4-piece bonus and Divine Purpose has potential for lots of proc burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK last week I got 8 instant Mind Blasts in a row and I took somebody from 100-0 in a few seconds on my spriest.

The OP asked which spec has the most instant procs, not which has the most overall burst damage. Most of you guys are answering the wrong question.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK's pretty streaky. I get times where I chain 3 or 4 killing machines and free howling blasts. After, you have a load of RP to dump for a nice sustain after the burst.
    Of course, it's streaky both ways. I have tons of times where I won't have so much as a single proc for what feels like forever.

Else sham has some crazy burst off procs