10+ Year Old Account

Eclipse Discussion!

Hi Moonkins.
    I was just sat down one day in WoW thinking about my druid and eclipse while browsing over the 100 talents and it got me thinking...our mastery overall is lackluster compared to others in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love balance druid inside and out but I was thinking of a sort of tweak to make it more interesting. Keep in mind the numbers used are random.

Total Eclipse:
    Increases bonus damage from an Eclipse by 35%
    So this is the effect (with some mastery thrown in) from Eclipse which then would go upto 50% due to the baseline being 15%.

My idea would be this...

Total Eclipse:
    Increases bonus damage from an Eclipse by 35% and increase damage from Wrath Starfire and Starsurge (possibly all damage) while not in an Eclipse by 12% (being half of the effect). So with this we still can sustain abit more damage within our un-eclipsed period, its not alot but just a small change I think would work nicely.
    Please id love to hear feedback and also your own ideas if you have them.

Wouldn't this make the perma eclipse talent a big NO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea as it is now but I don't know maybe it could work around it ..I'm not too sure. Like I said its just a open discussion.

There's really no point worrying about the supposed level 100 talents shown at blizzcon. They are absolutely going to be different in beta and then on to live.

The idea of the Total Eclipse talent, as I read it, is that you're supposed to want to be in eclipse as much as possible, because that's where you do all of your damage. Your idea, while neat, seems like it takes away from that because it's not as bad to be out of the Eclipse. (Druids already do more damage in Eclipse, so Total Eclipse is just what the name implies: an extreme.)

The idea you're proposing feels like it goes completely against the intent... but I also kinda like it. What about:

Total Eclipse:
    Increases bonus damage from an Eclipse by 35%. While not in an Eclipse, any ability that generates lunar or solar energy does 18% more damage, and all other abilities do 18% less damage.

as an alternative? That way, if you get your dots up before leaving the eclipse state you're rewarded for spamming your spells to get back into an eclipse state as quickly as possible, and punished for doing anything else... which means your characters is solely focused on Eclipse, as the name "Total Eclipse" implies.

It's a nice alternative to the 100% eclipse uptime talent, which I'm sure will be baseline eventually. Balance mastery is just awkward, just imagine the horror of a mastery proc trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm I would like to just see some sort of change to it to make it more fun. Possibly then instead of making it the new mastery it could be made into the sunfall talent or something.
    Last edited by Grum88; 2014-02-25 at 11:30 PM.