Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadPixel23 View Post
    I suppose, but i do go out most weekends.
    Perhaps i should turn into a douchebag, girls seem to like that for some reason...
    Trust me i KNOW the feeling man...ALL too well.....

As for the douchebag bit....As much as people like to deny it..It pretty clearly is a trend...Though how long those relationships last varies by how long he woman will put up with it/is insecure....

My advice as inexperienced and bad luck s i am..Is to be yourself and if people don;t like it fuck em..Also find places to go with people who have common interests or just try online LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    And here's your problem. The kind of people who go with this attitude tend to give off an asshole vibe that puts girls off.

This is the real world, not a movie. If you go out there and act like a douchebag you will not find a girl to go out with you. What you need to do is be pleasant and kind. Try to be yourself.

Most importantly you are lumping all girls into one category. Stop it and you'll be more succesful.
    You in the corner NOW(i would offer my FC in FFXIV joke punishment buut not exactly normal)...ALOT of mn just want a relationship not just sex..As the Op CLEARLY does...So stop pulling all this shit about being nice just to use someone.... Sometimes it;s about putting your best foot forward good impressions and honestly just wanting MORE then a simple friendship....

But I've noticed this viewpoint gets hated alot and that those with it are ridiculed...I guess i'm old fashioned in wanting to make someone i like happy by being nice to them....

I never got girls too much either due to me being responsible, socially awkward, and a Mr. Nice Guy.

I'm 26 now, and found my current girlfriend at 24. Before that, I was getting one "fling" about once every year to a year and a half.

I found my current girlfriend on a dating website. We've been living together almost a year now, with no real problems. She appreciates pretty much everything about me, and we're both mostly introverts.

If you're looking, don't be afraid to put yourself out there. Sometimes the right person is just somewhere you're not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think he was implying

Being nice= Sex.
    But but but..He's a man...Talking about being nice and how dicks seem to get more women he MUST mean sex!

But seriously what this guy said....

I HAVE noticed women off mistake dickery for confidence...There IS a difference but I think alot of people miss it on BOTH sides...

I have known women who go "Ooooh he;s soooo conident and sexy" To later say "He was just using me for my body".....No shit the guy pretty much only does booty calls and calls you to hang out and is emotionally unavailable among oher things..NOT signs of a relationship in most..

Conversely i have a buddy who is supportive of his GF who cares and is honest..But he also attracts women like flies to honey(do NOT ask me how) and because of that he is pretty damn confident...

The asshole route is basicallya GREAT way to seem confident..And yeah lording yourself over others may make you confident doesn;t mean it;s right.

Conversely some of us don't have alot to make us confident and we DON'T like just using women. So we get kinda shafted..Caught between the "Bros" and the guys who are nice but ultra confident....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I never got girls too much either due to me being responsible, socially awkward, and a Mr. Nice Guy.

I'm 26 now, and found my current girlfriend at 24. Before that, I was getting one "fling" about once every year to a year and a half.

I found my current girlfriend on a dating website. We've been living together almost a year now, with no real problems. She appreciates pretty much everything about me, and we're both mostly introverts.

If you're looking, don't be afraid to put yourself out there. Sometimes the right person is just somewhere you're not.
    Congrats man..I know that feeling myself..In my case looking has gotten me jaded off and on...I'm glad you found someone.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPixel23 View Post
    I've recently been looking through my Facebook and have noticed that loads of my friends have been getting into relationships and it has been playing on my mind a bit, I'm the only one of my friends that haven't had a serious relationship at the age of 23.
    I've been trying to think what what my flaws are but i don't see anything major that would put girls off...
    I'm 5ft 10" dark hair, brown eyes and a strong build. I'm not a shy person at all, I'm talkative and considered the "joker" among my friends.
    I do admit i spend alot of time gaming but i still have a decent social life.

What do you guys think?
    As others have said, stop comparing your life to those on Facebook. Especially married couples who brag about their relationships - chances are VERY good that their relationship is in dire straits and it's them mentally projecting themselves out there that they're a happy couple hoping to reinforce their own personal desperation. A happy couple would not brag about "date night with the spouse". A happy couple would just talk about their day like everybody else - because, in the end, they are just like everybody else. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Girls can easly sense when something is off about a guy. Confidence can counter it but if you don't have it then just play the "I don't care game". Don't be a try-hard basicly but be passionate about something, can be anything, if they notice it you will have big chance. Can be sport, music, photography, playing games might be risky hehe.

If you are passionate about something and you can talk about it, it resonates onto other people. They think "oh this man is interesting". It goes both for love and finding friends. Although finding a girl that will turned be on by your video game passion might be bit harder than if you played guitar.
    A bit harder? Learn one simple tune and you've suddenly opened a lot of options. It's frankly ridiculous. People are ridiculous.

What women often want is confidence, yes (well, it's not really true, what most people go for first is someone who looks good and smells good, women as well). The problem? Confidence is often confused with insecure egoboasters, essentially people who belittle other people to feel more confident.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2014-02-25 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    A bit harder? Learn one simple tune and you've suddenly opened a lot of options. It's frankly ridiculous. People are ridiculous.

What women often want is confidence, yes (well, it's not really true, what most people go for first is someone who looks good and smells good, women as well). The problem? Confidence is often confused with insecure egoboasters, essentially people who belittle other people to feel more confident.
    This has been my experience as well..Confidence is also not so easy to self generate so it can create a cycle of low confidence that can get lower...It's an interesting and strange conundrum.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're in your best age and want to bind yourself to a relationship..
    Enjoy your free time without a girlfriend, it might sound appealing at the start.. But I can promise its a lot more work than you think. You're supposed to to literally take care of one more human being and women can be really emotional and overreacting from time to time and I can promise you, you're not ready for it yet. I doubt someone will ever be, so just try to avoid it.

If you desperately want one, be yourself. Talk to girls, more than one.. You'll easily be able to determine which one is the right one. If you get along and can literally talk for hours and do stuff without awkward silent moments you fit together, however if there's a lot of silence and awkward moments that just a proof that you two got nothing in common. In addition to that, you don't fit together as you are shy towards each other.

Obviously this has been the case for me.. There are girls I could and can talk forever to, why? Because we've for somewhat similar interest and both parties are open for talking.. However I've had the opposite aswell where we literally can't find any subject or a single thing to say.

Remember, a word of advice for you. If you're not ready for a relationship, don't bother. If it's something I hate it's guys that literally use chicks for sex and ditch them afterwards, relationship is not sex. If you wish to have ONS go party, that way you don't hurt someone.

Oh and gaming? It doesn't have a single thing to do with girls. All girls I've been with know I've been a gamer and still am. I've clearly said I don't prioritize gaming but I'm not quitting for a relationship. Girls really don't care about stuff like that unless you sit there on the PC all day. Just be yourself and be nice tbh.

tl;dr - relationship is time consuming, drop it unless you really want to commit yourself to it. If you want ONS go party. Be yourself, be calm and be open. And please.. Avoid sexual talk the first day, she doesn't care about how many you've had sex with, how long you last in bed or how "HUGE" it is. Tbh girls dislike guys that have been with many girls. Believe it or not, loads of girls that want relationships love guys that are virgin or had sex with few numbers.. The higher you go the less appealing it is for them.

This is what I've used to work on with, works for me, dunno about you... I assume girls are different and guys aswell.

Deleted
    I don't believe it, an identical twin! Don't worry about getting a relationship, It'll just happen, don't go looking for it, go out and party, fuck around, do interesting stuff...

There is nothing wrong with being single.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a job? School? If not, those are not only where you should be, but where you will meet girls.

You might just be ugly OP, like myself.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    You might just be ugly OP, like myself.
    Tall about low self esteem.. You always gotta think like this when you see yourself in the mirror. Damn I look hot. No for real..

Get a haircut..
    Tan yourself
    Work out abit, don't get super ripd, takes load of time and not every girl likes a huge one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Tall about low self esteem.. You always gotta think like this when you see yourself in the mirror. Damn I look hot. No for real..

Get a haircut..
    Tan yourself
    Work out abit, don't get super ripd, takes load of time and not every girl likes a huge one.
    I got a hair cut last week, I'm naturally tan, and I bike regularly.

Still ugly.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted

Still ugly.
    your personality stinks too.

you're a keeper imo

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    your personality stinks too.

you're a keeper imo
    I'm just giving OP the facts, women might not find him attractive for one or another reason.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Still ugly.
    Who told you that you're ugly? I thought so myself but somehow that wansnt the case. It's really because of low self esteem

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Who told you that you're ugly? I thought so myself but somehow that wansnt the case. It's really because of low self esteem
    Just an inference based on life experience.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    After reading this and looking at OP's posts in other threads, I think he's just looking for attention.

He's good looking, has a nice body, but complains he can't meet anyone to date. There must be something else in this equation.
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2014-02-25 at 08:04 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Disregard females, acquire currency.